Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is Subservience A Welsh National Characteristic

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:51 pm

I'm begining to think it most definitely is.

There appears to be no pride and no fight in a lot of you.

A lot of you are ruled by FEAR and the thought that the worst will happen unless you do as you are told.

Perhaps this is installed in the welsh psyche after being ruled by the English for so long?

Slaves :lol:

Say no to RED :old:

Re: Is Subservience A Welsh National Characteristic

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:I'm begining to think it most definitely is.

A lot of you are ruled by FEAR and the thought that the worst will happen unless you do as you are told.

Perhaps this is installed in the welsh psyche after being ruled by the English for so long?

Could be worse....could be ruled by the Malaysians :roll: :?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:55 pm

skybluebird wrote:

Could be worse....could be ruled by the Malaysians :roll: :?

Throw off them shackles boyo and see what happens :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:01 pm

Now this really is out of order

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:41 pm

Good question. Unfortunately yes. They should listen a bit more to men of harlech" welshman will not yeild" Its played before every home game. Sad

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:43 pm

Awfull but true

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:47 pm

How's being shafted by Germany going for you lot?

It's funny. You spend years fighting to get out of English rule but Germany turn up and you vote for it.

Strange people the Oirish.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:20 am

Aramore wrote:How's being shafted by Germany going for you lot?

It's funny. You spend years fighting to get out of English rule but Germany turn up and you vote for it.

What you doing Sunday Night?

ireland2012.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:21 am

jama wrote:

Awfull but true

Time for a change ....starting with Cardiff City FC

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:57 am

Surely we are all subservient in one way or another. If you are employed....you do what the boss tells you 'cos he pays your wages. If my missus tells me to jump...I ask 'how high' :? :roll:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:59 am

No not with all Welshmen it isnt taken from a facebook ground with now around 1,500 people in it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Dull, nonsensical, bile.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:42 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Dull, nonsensical, bile.

Why? Care to expand?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:50 pm

jama wrote:

Why? Care to expand?

There is no such thing as a "national characteristic" for a start.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:58 pm

Having served for many years in a unit with many Welsh comrades I find your comments insulting, condescending and infantile our commanders were provided from all corners of the UK and we were subservient to no man and no enemy. Be very very careful about how you choose your words. If you want to wind me up you are doing a great job and we will need a clearing the air opportunity to avoid any possible misunderstandings as I will not have my Welsh comrades demeaned.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:59 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Aramore wrote:How's being shafted by Germany going for you lot?

What you doing Sunday Night?

ireland2012.jpg

I wouldn't miss the Republic games for the World. Will enjoy every moment seeing them beaten :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:03 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
jama wrote:

Why? Care to expand?

Dont be pedantic goo ga, explain yourself.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:06 pm

norfolkblue wrote:Having served for many years in a unit with many Welsh comrades I find your comments insulting, condescending and infantile our commanders were provided from all corners of the UK and we were subservient to no man and no enemy. Be very very careful about how you choose your words. If you want to wind me up you are doing a great job and we will need a clearing the air opportunity to avoid any possible misunderstandings as I will not have my Welsh comrades demeaned.

who was that directed to and who did you serve? If you dont mind me asking.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:11 pm

jama wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
jama wrote:

Why? Care to expand?

Okay fine :lol:

Essentially, there is no such thing as a "national characteristic" as that would just be a blatant stereotype/generalisation. People vary in their personalities and characteristics regardless of national identity. (Danny Dyer and Stephen Fry? Bill Gates and Mike Tyson?) So that is a fallacy to begin with.

Secondly, to suggest that the Welsh are inherently subservient is historically naive and inaccurate as there have been many examples of Welsh defiance. It's all dependent on the specific situation, in this instance for example, many fans are willing to accept the proposed changes for finacial stability (hence the lack of protest).

I'd take it as banter though ;)

Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:14 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
jama wrote:

Why? Care to expand?

So says a kid with a txtbook who supports ukib. Telll me Goo gaa what are ukips policies on taxation and immigration?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:18 pm

jama wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
jama wrote:

Why? Care to expand?

So says a kid with a txtbook who supports ukib. Telll me Goo gaa what are ukips policies on taxation and immigration?

I don't support UKIP, I support getting out of the EU.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:45 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
jama wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
jama wrote:

Why? Care to expand?

So says a kid with a txtbook who supports ukib. Telll me Goo gaa what are ukips policieos on taxation and immigration?

I don't support UKIP, I support getting out of the EU.

Fair enough.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Jamaica that was directed to anyone who thinks that the Welsh are a subservient nation!

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:36 pm

norfolkblue wrote:Having served for many years in a unit with many Welsh comrades I find your comments insulting, condescending and infantile our commanders were provided from all corners of the UK and we were subservient to no man and no enemy. Be very very careful about how you choose your words. If you want to wind me up you are doing a great job and we will need a clearing the air opportunity to avoid any possible misunderstandings as I will not have my Welsh comrades demeaned.

f**k you, your army and your queen.

Is that clear enough for you?

No misunderstanding ;)

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:38 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
jama wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
jama wrote:

Why? Care to expand?

Essentially, there is no such thing as a "national characteristic" as that would just be a blatant stereotype/generalisation. People vary in their personalities and characteristics regardless of national identity. (Danny Dyer and Stephen Fry? Bill Gates and Mike Tyson?) So that is a fallacy to begin with.

Secondly, to suggest that the Welsh are inherently subservient is historically naive and inaccurate as there have been many examples of Welsh defiance. It's all dependent on the specific situation, in this instance for example, many fans are willing to accept the proposed changes for finacial stability (hence the lack of protest).

I find the majority of South Walians a fearful race.
Always scared of the future after the Thatcher war.
They have to see a picture because they are scared of the dark and uncertainty.
Perhaps they don't have the confidence to map their own destiny?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:

No not with all Welshmen it isnt taken from a facebook ground with now around 1,500 people in it

I'm not saying each individual but collectively.
perhaps welsh people need to unite more.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:41 pm

skybluebird wrote:Surely we are all subservient in one way or another. If you are employed....you do what the boss tells you 'cos he pays your wages. If my missus tells me to jump...I ask 'how high' :? :roll:

noted ;)

I've put my answer below

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:19 am

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
jama wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
jama wrote:

Why? Care to expand?

I find the majority of South Walians a fearful race.
Always scared of the future after the Thatcher war.
They have to see a picture because they are scared of the dark and uncertainty.
Perhaps they don't have the confidence to map their own destiny?

South Walians aren't a "race" to start with. You're just being generic and stereotypical.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:49 am

Ohh gaa " danny dyer & steven fry" quote. Just diff individuals, eg im the polar opposite of my brother. I dont see your point. Should schools stop teaching and analysing mongolian culture and crusades because gengis khans cousin was a pacifist? The analogy you used makes no sense. We all diffa, so?

After your first paragraph i didnt bother reading the rest.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:59 pm

jama wrote:Ohh gaa " danny dyer & steven fry" quote. Just diff individuals, eg im the polar opposite of my brother. I dont see your point. Should schools stop teaching and analysing mongolian culture and crusades because gengis khans cousin was a pacifist? The analogy you used makes no sense. We all diffa, so?

After your first paragraph i didnt bother reading the rest.

So you agree, we're all different individuals and (as you said) even brothers can vary greatly. This is why there is no such thing as a "national characteristic".