Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: PROTEST PLANNED IN TREHARRIS TOMORROW

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:02 am

Bluebird64 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
Corkrey wrote:Real Bites

I am afraid that it is you that is a million miles away. The analogy is there for everyone to see. Both were failing businesses that needed to make drastic changes to succeed. People told me it would never work and I was wasting my money but I knew if certain changes were made we could make it work.

Did a minority hate the changes....yes, did we lose some customers......yes, these were customers who as Gwyn said don't like to que at the bar, they don't like the sound of a jukebox, they hate the fact that the place is packed out on weekends and they can't watch x factor in peace and quiet. Will I lose sleep over these customers certainly not because I can't please everyone and these are the same time of people that make ridiculous comments like I would rather see us face administration and play in League 2 but at least we will have our pride and heritage in tact.

Some people hate change and the fact that I changed a dirty, musty old bar into a nice sports bar annoyed people but that's business, I even had one old guy complain because I changed to new glasses that gave his pint more life!! What I will say though is this, I took more money over the bar in the opening night than the pub had taken in it's last 2 months of trading and that is a genuine fact, trust me change isn't always bad!!

It's ok though, your 20 stone and 6 foot 6.

You are right about change not being bad.The pub analogy is simply showing how changes can make a business work when it was failing previously.I can give you examples where changes were made to pubs with hundreds of thousands spent and they still shut down so the analogy can work both ways.
Lets get back to comparing apples with apples shall we. You may see some similarity to us in the next example.
Roman Abramovich in 2003 took over Chelsea from Ken Bates and immeadiately embarked on an ambitious programme of commercial development, with the aim of making it a worldwide brand. Plans were announced to build a state-of-the-art training complex in Cobham, Surrey and money was made available to strengthen the squad and management.
In the year ending June 2005, Chelsea posted record losses of £140 million which is considerably more debt than Cardiff City.
Although Abramovich wanted to turn Chelsea into a world brand especially in eastern europe he did it through investing money in quality players and good high profile managers. As part of his marketing strategy and to align the club to the eastern european market he could have easily replaced the Chelsea lion with a bear or changed the traditional blue colour to a more communist friendly red or even replaced the blue seats or colour of the Chelsea stadium. Abramovich did none of these things yet he has one of the most successful and high profile clubs on the planet.
Abramovich has created this brand not by changing the clubs identity and trying to turn it into something else but instead has learnt that the clubs tradition and heritage was part of its branding strength. :ayatollah:

Agreed. But VT is not Abramovich and wants to do things his way. It's as simple as that. You won't get any proof that it's going to fail or be a great success until it has happened. We can talk around in circles into oblivion about the rights and wrongs and like now every day can be groundhog day but ultimately the results will speak for themselves

The above analogy is certainly a better example compared to one that uses a pub. Even though Abramovich had been there for 2 years and was still looking at a 140 million pound loss, he still resisted the need to turn the club into something else in ordrer to exploit more revenue.He stuck to the clubs traditions and poured more money in. :ayatollah:[/quote]

Agreed but he doesn't have the same beliefs or even superstitions of VT and so it doesn't matter what he did. VT is afforded the privilege of making the changes he wants due to the amount of money he will be investing. If it were your money you would expect the same although your course of action would be different

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:33 am

And the reason it is successful is because it was painted? :roll:

I know it well

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Vital flaw in your analogy Spyn, how the f**k is painting the pub going to bring in more profit? Same can be said for Cardiff city, shirt sales will not rise that much in the Far East trust me on that.

46 years? Come back when you have 64. :old: :old: :old:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:22 pm

Well said Polo

Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:26 pm

dazzyt wrote:And the reason it is successful is because it was painted? :roll:

I know it well

It would not matter what colour it was painted as I am sure Gwyn the chameleon would mangage to blend in regardless. :lol:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Vital flaw in your analogy Spyn, how the f**k is painting the pub going to bring in more profit? Same can be said for Cardiff city, shirt sales will not rise that much in the Far East trust me on that.

46 years? Come back when you have 64. :old: :old: :old:

Gwyn always used to end his posts 'keep the faith'. Somehow that has disappeared?

Not getting at him as he knows me well.

Sel

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:10 pm

I'm standing in a field the germans are comming why is there only me daz and a few others left, the rest have fucked off over to the enemy to point us out on the map that's how I feel.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:11 pm

I have kep the faith, my club is what matters, not what colour , my club, will keep the faith in my club, will keep the faith that we survive and move on what ever the colour, will people question what colour shirt we got on when we win the Premier League in ten years time, will they say Cardiff City Permier League champions, or Cardiff City former blue shirt wearers now in red Premier League Champions, coz either way it don't worry me. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:12 pm

Protest down the chip shop because the owner changed from maris pipers to desiree reds. The owner offered to give them away free but the Cardiff punters said no we want our shit chips, not red ones and we want to pay or we are going to protest.

Just in case anyone wanted another stupid analogy, that doesn't work :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:16 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I have kep the faith, my club is what matters, not what colour , my club, will keep the faith in my club, will keep the faith that we survive and move on what ever the colour, will people question what colour shirt we got on when we win the Premier League in ten years time, will they say Cardiff City Permier League champions, or Cardiff City former blue shirt wearers now in red Premier League Champions, coz either way it don't worry me. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Is that aimed at me mate, i take it we are mates? Or have i missed something?

Sel

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:17 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

I know it well

It would not matter what colour it was painted as I am sure Gwyn the chameleon would mangage to blend in regardless. :lol:

Your dead right there mate, my club means a lot more to me than a shirt colour, loyalty brotherhood belonging, the colour of a shirt doesn't change those things for me.
WHAT COLOUR SHIRTS DID WE WEAR AT WEMBLEY, DID YOU SUPPORT THEM LESS IF IT WASN'T BLUE?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:28 pm

old blue wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:I have kep the faith, my club is what matters, not what colour , my club, will keep the faith in my club, will keep the faith that we survive and move on what ever the colour, will people question what colour shirt we got on when we win the Premier League in ten years time, will they say Cardiff City Permier League champions, or Cardiff City former blue shirt wearers now in red Premier League Champions, coz either way it don't worry me. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sel

You have'nt answered mate, do you want me to phone you, you know my number, surely we can ave a mature conversation.?

Sel.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:43 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:I'm standing in a field the germans are comming why is there only me daz and a few others left, the rest have fucked off over to the enemy to point us out on the map that's how I feel.

:ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:49 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:And you have a go at us for being childish Chief.

When did I do that?

You got your way Gwyn is there really the need to wipe people's nose in it.

Since when did gwyn or any one else for that matter apart from the bloody malaysians get thier way over the rebranding !!

It was never a choice they were always going to do it and all that we care what the fans think was bull !! from start to finish

Nobody has won thier are no wining sides nobody wants the change so why all the bother over something we have no say in

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:54 pm

So how many turned up?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Bluebina wrote:Protest down the chip shop because the owner changed from maris pipers to desiree reds. The owner offered to give them away free but the Cardiff punters said no we want our shit chips, not red ones and we want to pay or we are going to protest.

Just in case anyone wanted another stupid analogy, that doesn't work :ayatollah:

The fact that you compere the changing of potatoes to whats going on with us sums up the type of fan you are. Pathetic. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

I know it well

f**k off with my chameleon saying :evil:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:01 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

I know it well

Your dead right there mate, my club means a lot more to me than a shirt colour, loyalty brotherhood belonging, the colour of a shirt doesn't change those things for me.
WHAT COLOUR SHIRTS DID WE WEAR AT WEMBLEY, DID YOU SUPPORT THEM LESS IF IT WASN'T BLUE?

Another crap analogy Gwyn the difference was that the colour at Wembley was not permanent. :lol:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:02 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
jtc wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:And you have a go at us for being childish Chief.

When did I do that?

You got your way Gwyn is there really the need to wipe people's nose in it.

that,s the way it looks from here chief.bit of humility from gywn wouldn,t go amiss here

Humility for what, we still got people planning protests, doing all they can to scupper things and possibly harm the club I love, and you expect me to let them just go about it without fighting back.

they have their views gywn like you have yours.you should be able to see their views.you once shared them.you have the right to change your mind i know that.you,re not fighting back.you have the slight majority who through fear of losing c.c.fc are with you.you have the club on your side so fighing back you ain,t .this is about humiliating a few people.let the protests happen.as long as they are peaceful it don,t matter.[/quote]

Totally agree with you, respect other people's opinions, understand they are hurting, but the only people that I humiliate are those that can't debate or put their points over without dishing out their own abuse or attempts at humiliation.
If they debate properly, I'll debate and discuss things properly with them all day.
If they try dishing it out, i'll give it back to them with bows on it.

As for humiliation, it works both ways, have you seen some of the stick that as come my way this week, difference is to me it's like water off a ducks back, I love the club, i am doing what i do for my love of the club, not for back handers or pats on the back, not for five minutes on the telly, not for Sam Hammam,I'm doing it for the club I love and have loved for 46 years.[/quote]

Fair play to you big gwyn, good solid post. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:04 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:I'm standing in a field the germans are comming why is there only me daz and a few others left, the rest have fucked off over to the enemy to point us out on the map that's how I feel.

With Gwyn no doubt wearing a german uniform and helmet. :lol:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:17 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

Gwyn just wants whats best for are club for the future as he see's it but thats his opinion which differs from mine as i dont see what diffrence a colour does or badge can do in the championship over in the far east at all unless they spend big this season to go up so we will see then if there blagging even more come may next year, thats how i see it, yes i called him all the cunts going and said things but took it back also thats how it works online. I then sat back i thought what am i doing who is gwyn and who am i to say what goes on on at club when clearly me, gwyn or mr jones down the road had NO SAY AT ALL IN THIS as its been dropped on us by these triads which was always comming with or without polls, So what do can we do the answer is NOTHING bar call eachother cocksuckers, sellouts with some scaremongering tossed in there, Whats that going to change again NOTHING. I bored of it all as theres f**k all we can do thats the bottom line so we roll with it or dont go anymore :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:33 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Gwyn just wants whats best for are club for the future as he see's it but thats his opinion which differs from mine as i dont see what diffrence a colour does or badge can do in the championship over in the far east at all unless they spend big this season to go up so we will see then if there blagging even more come may next year, thats how i see it, yes i called him all the cunts going and said things but took it back also thats how it works online. I then sat back i thought what am i doing who is gwyn and who am i to say what goes on on at club when clearly me, gwyn or mr jones down the road had NO SAY AT ALL IN THIS as its been dropped on us by these triads which was always comming with or without polls, So what do can we do the answer is NOTHING bar call eachother cocksuckers, sellouts with some scaremongering tossed in there, Whats that going to change again NOTHING. I bored of it all as theres f**k all we can do thats the bottom line so we roll with it or dont go anymore :ayatollah:

Wave the white flag if you wish but others have the right to continue the fight. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:42 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Wave the white flag if you wish but others have the right to continue the fight. :ayatollah:

If waving the flag is carrying on with the name calling goodluck to you jeff because you will find THE FLAG WAS WAVED THE DAY THEY EVEN THOUGHT OF THIS REBRAND THING BY US ALL but if cocksuckers,sellouts, cunts, wankers and all the other names is your flag as thats all you have then enjoy it because its the only thing you got left the same as me and every other fan so no name calling will change the colour of that flag will it, think about it :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:46 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

If waving the flag is carrying on with the name calling goodluck to you jeff because you will find THE FLAG WAS WAVED THE DAY THEY EVEN THOUGHT OF THIS REBRAND THING BY US ALL but if cocksuckers,sellouts, cunts, wankers and all the other names is your flag as thats all you have then enjoy it because its the only thing you got left the same as me and every other fan so no name calling will change the colour of that flag will it, think about it :ayatollah:

Like I said not all of us have given up. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:53 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Like I said not all of us have given up. :ayatollah:

You have though the rebranding is here rite now so your no diffrent to me bar you want to call people names thats your stance vs the rebranding thats what i mean , we all fucked as we been tucked up simple as that, thats why i cba with the name calling it will not change anything or how much i f*cking hate red :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:13 pm

old blue wrote:
old blue wrote:

Sel

You have'nt answered mate, do you want me to phone you, you know my number, surely we can ave a mature conversation.?

Sel.

Ring me whenever you want to Sel, no probs, but to be honest, what is the question your asking me, genuinely can't see a question to answer. mind you I am a bit lashed.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:14 pm

You have been lashed by the fans that's for sure Gwyn. :old: :old:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:15 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Thats not my flag at all and I have not knowingly sworn at any poster.All of the swear words you use have not been used by me so it is pointless trying to chastise me. It appears that you have seen the light but I would never make a very good born again Christaian. :lol:
There are a lot of lies being told regarding this rebranding and they need to be exposed.If you are happy for that to persist then thats fine with me but its my choice to challenge where I see fit. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Thats not my flag at all and I have not knowingly sworn at any poster.All of the swear words you use have not been used by me so it is pointless trying to chastise me. It appears that you have seen the light but I would never make a very good born again Christaian. :lol:
There are a lot of lies being told regarding this rebranding and they need to be exposed.If you are happy for that to persist then thats fine with me but its my choice to challenge where I see fit. :ayatollah:

Funny that because you just claimed i was waving a white flag because i pointed out theres nothing we can do as its been dropped on us all so does that mean ive given up or shall i carry on the internet, Im rite your wrong with anyone on the red side, will that solve the rebrand no, thats all im saying. I f*cking hate it i will not look others in the eye again over it i watch games with but that does not mean it will change whats happened as for the owners ive been on there backs for 18months on here over everything but this is the biggest of all which i nore you can do anything about but say what we think . :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:52 pm

Well if you claim there is nothing we can do and you no longer want to debate on the internet then that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.
I totally disagree with this view and I am not prepared to give up as the internet is the only outlet I have at present. I do not have the luxury of putting over my argument on TV like some so I am stuck using this media