Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PROTEST PLANNED IN TREHARRIS TOMORROW

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:14 pm

There will be a protest tomorrow held in the Navigation hotel in Treharris, Corky's son Geraint recently bought this pub, it was closed down recently after being on it's last legs for years,a hard business to make money nowadays a pub.

Anyway I had been drinking in this pub for years, it was a shit hole but it was still my local shit hole (know what I mean) well the cheeky tw*t has only painted the bar yellow, no consultation, no negotiation with the regular customers, he just painted it.

We are meeting there on mass ( well the four of us that were regulars) tomorrow to protest, and we would like him to rip off the paint and go back to the old walls, also some of us preferred it how it was before it got popular, you know a few regular old faces, losing a fortune every week, but it was our local, sad that the people in the area didn't drink in there, but those couple of us that did enjoyed it.

The pub is really successful now, loads go there and it bouncing , but it not right, all these new customers spending money in there and turning it into a profitable business. I hate it, queuing at the bar, no room in the car park, much better when there was three or four of us there, can't beat the good old days, hate all these changes. :old:

Re: PROTEST PLANNED IN TREHARRIS TOMORROW

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:17 pm

I'll go whilst it's yellow but if the f****r paints it red............ :evil:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Gwyn my niece charlene runs that pub with geraint not been up there yet tho :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:19 pm

skybluebird wrote:I'll go whilst it's yellow but if the f****r paints it red............ :evil:

:lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:20 pm

Do I detect a tone? :D

Spot on .......

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:21 pm

I bet its full of plastics nowadays. The beers shit and they all want to turn it into a coffee shop, pubs aren't what they used to be back in my day.

:old: :old: :old:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:21 pm

The pub has sold it's soul to get into the good beer guide.

:old:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:24 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:I bet its full of plastics nowadays. The beers shit and they all want to turn it into a coffee shop, pubs aren't what they used to be back in my day.

the pubs in Wales have always been different to those in the East End of London :old:

Good analogy by Gwyn, and some funny responses, fair play :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:24 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:I bet its full of plastics nowadays. The beers shit and they all want to turn it into a coffee shop, pubs aren't what they used to be back in my day.

He already said it used to be a 'spit and sawdust' pub. Bet he threw your personalised Pewter tankard out from behind the bar. :old:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:26 pm

Die Walkure wrote:

the pubs in Wales have always been different to those in the East End of London :old:

The only pubs I have been to in East London have looked very different when I have left to when I walked in. Used to love smashing up cockneys pubs back in the day.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:28 pm

very clever that gwyn. i bet it gos over a few heads that one lol

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:31 pm

And you have a go at us for being childish Chief.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:And you have a go at us for being childish Chief.

When did I do that?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:33 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:

The only pubs I have been to in East London have looked very different when I have left to when I walked in. Used to love smashing up cockneys pubs back in the day.

ah, I see, of course, the Millwall ones, :old:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:34 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

When did I do that?

You got your way Gwyn is there really the need to wipe people's nose in it.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:35 pm

rob wrote:very clever that gwyn. i bet it gos over a few heads that one lol

yes at the speed of sound far too quick for a few :lol: :lol: :lol: - fair play creased me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:36 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

When did I do that?

Being childish Gwyn.Feck I thought you were being serious........just on the phone cancelling my taxi for tomorrow. :lol:

Die Walkure wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:

ah, I see, of course, the Millwall ones, :old:

Always. Very witty however you couldn't be further from the marker when you call me Daya. Nice try though.

Do you smash up Everton pubs you odious c**t on decadely trip to Anfield? :old:

Chill out nukes ffs

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Bunch of plastics... :old:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:37 pm

I see what you are trying to say Gwynedd, but that is more of an anology for moving grounds than the rebranding so years out of date...

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:39 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

When did I do that?

You got your way Gwyn is there really the need to wipe people's nose in it.

So it's no longer childish, now it's classed as gloating, or it is in reality classed as making a comparison? do you see the analogy as that far off the situation we ind ourselves in.?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:41 pm

Bluebina wrote:I see what you are trying to say Gwynedd, but that is more of an anology for moving grounds than the rebranding so years out of date...

Gwyn sorry predictive text....

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Bluebina wrote:I see what you are trying to say Gwynedd, but that is more of an anology for moving grounds than the rebranding so years out of date...

It's the same bar but now a different colour............

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:45 pm

Oh, you have destroyed me you nasty nasty boy, calling me Gwynedd, you witty cutting sharp as a razor wit that you are.

Destroyed I am destroyed, Gwynedd, hope this don't stick, my life wont be worth living, nasty nasty nasty.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:45 pm

Sycophant Central

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:46 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:

But now it's improved and you have to que, and its a building, the bar manager hasn't got a different coloured shirt on?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:47 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

Oh, you have destroyed me you nasty nasty boy, calling me Gwynedd, you witty cutting sharp as a razor wit that you are.

Destroyed I am destroyed, Gwynedd, hope this don't stick, my life wont be worth living, nasty nasty nasty.

Your about as f*cking useless as Gwynedd though and your ego at the moment is about as big as f*cking Snowdon.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:49 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

See above a genuinely wasn't predictive fooking text....

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:51 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

But now it's improved and you have to que, and its a building, the bar manager hasn't got a different coloured shirt on?

Not sure it was supposed to be analysed that deeply! I think the queue is due to it being more successful and so a positive. Also the bar itself represents the colour change. Anyway thats how I see it but WTFDIK