Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My take on the whole rebranding

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:38 pm

First of all I would like to make it clear that I will continue to support Cardiff City however this whole rebranding bollocks has left a very bitter taste with me. I can sort of understand VT’s marketing strategy in Asia however their approach to the rebranding has left me angry and disappointed.

They know they have us in a no win situation, fans react angrily to the whole process and then they release statements considering their future with the club to strike fear into our fans. Brilliant strategy but they were always going to go ahead with the changes regardless of what the fans wanted. I have stuck up for the Malaysian’s on many occasions but my trust in them has long gone.

I will continue to attend games when I can make them but still can’t quite get my head around how I will feel seeing the team I have grown up watching playing in blue and chanting Bluebirds enter the pitch wearing red. Maybe I will forget about the whole issue once I am inside the stadium cheering the team on but at the moment I can’t see it happening.

Like many others I feel like the team is being taken away from the fans and wonder what other changes are around the corner. Cardiff City to me will always be the Bluebirds and should play in blue despite what VT wants to turn us into. Carl couldn’t have put it better in a text to me last night, support YOUR club not someone else’s vision.
Yours Sincerely

Disgruntled Bluebirds fan