Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

When They Said Compromise, I Thought They Meant This...

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:35 pm

Lets face it, whether you're in the Blue or Red camp, no one can deny that the new badge is an abomination!

I've been working on a new "Pride of Wales" T-Shirt design and decided to adapt it into a new badge for the club.

It'll be coloured and finished within the next couple of days, then I'll get it sent to the club. Would love to get your opinions / feedback / revisions first though.

The top ribbon will contain the words "Cardiff City" and the bottom one will either say "Pride of Wales", "Fire & Passion" or "Fire & Passion Will Cease The Day"

Let me know what you think! I'm also getting both Blue and Red T-Shirts made with the design on it!

http://www.fblockclothing.com

Re: When They Said Compromise, I Thought They Meant This...

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:56 pm

I'm in the red camp/plastic camp. But our new badge is shite. Somebody show me the light. Your design shows a thought process and I like it. Our new badge on the otherhand is a poor beer mat that looks like my 1st dive for swimming. I hope somebody as got the clubs ear on these delicate matters. I expected more from them and they're marketing team.

A. Club badge is like a coat of arms. Passion,class,quality,history Yes it can be tweaked from gen to gen. But not this shite they have shovled us.

I was happy with this. Just tweaked and not torn to shreds and pissed on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:58 pm

12thMan wrote:Lets face it, whether you're in the Blue or Red camp, no one can deny that the new badge is an abomination!

I've been working on a new "Pride of Wales" T-Shirt design and decided to adapt it into a new badge for the club.

It'll be coloured and finished within the next couple of days, then I'll get it sent to the club. Would love to get your opinions / feedback / revisions first though.

The top ribbon will contain the words "Cardiff City" and the bottom one will either say "Pride of Wales", "Fire & Passion" or "Fire & Passion Will Cease The Day"

Let me know what you think! I'm also getting both Blue and Red T-Shirts made with the design on it!

Now that's my fav badge :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Lovely badge mate :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:15 pm

A bit busy looking but, I'd imagine the added colour will help with the clarity of it.

Far superior in how professional it looks, it does look like a badge that means business.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:16 pm

Very good until you put the colours in.If its blue or red then you are bound to upset someone. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:17 pm

That badge ticks all the boxs. A coat of arms if I've ever seen one. You have got to make sure your ideas are shown.please show me again with all the colours.

Big things have small beginings show them

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:20 pm

Nicely balanced whilst emanating a great sense of passion and pride. It's what we're all about.
But I will not shy from how I feel about the new badge. It's total gash! No thought has gone into it whatsoever

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:23 pm

12thMan wrote:Lets face it, whether you're in the Blue or Red camp, no one can deny that the new badge is an abomination!

I ACTUALLY LOVE IT BETTER THAN THE ONE WE GOT BY A MILE!
Very Classy! and looks like the coat of arms

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:25 pm

Good effort.

Just so you avoid any embarrassing motto errors on the final version it should be 'seize the day' and not 'cease the day'

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:34 pm

That badge ticks all the boxs. A coat of arms if I've ever seen one. You have got to make sure your ideas are shown.please show me again with all the colours.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:38 pm

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:48 pm

FANTASTIC! cant wait to see what the finished coloured article looks like. I'd even settle if the dragon holding the bluebird flag was placed inside the crest with the banner across the top.

thats talent mate, any timescales on when its gonna be finished?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:54 pm

Can't wait to see finished design!
It has originality, it's classy, relates to us and looks BEAUTIFUL
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Has this been drawn or designed on a computer?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Good effort mate, love to see this on the shirt :D

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:05 pm

12thMan wrote:The top ribbon will contain the words "Cardiff City" and the bottom one will either say "Pride of Wales", "Fire & Passion" or "Fire & Passion Will Cease The Day"

I wouldnt even mind the words ''y ddraig goch ddyry chyhwyn'' (the red dragon inspires action). Would be quite fitting as it is on the cardiff coat of arms. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:12 pm

Now that's my fav badge :ayatollah:

Cheers mate, glad you like it!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:13 pm

BlueMac wrote:A bit busy looking but, I'd imagine the added colour will help with the clarity of it.

Far superior in how professional it looks, it does look like a badge that means business.

Definitely feel your concerns mate, the welsh feathers will be coloured in white and hopefully act as more of a highlight for the red in the dragons and the blue in the Bluebird.

I might even take the feathers out altogether if it gets too much.

Thanks for the feedback mate and glad you like it so far!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:17 pm

fryman125 wrote:That badge ticks all the boxs. A coat of arms if I've ever seen one. You have got to make sure your ideas are shown.please show me again with all the colours.

Cheers mate, really appreciate that. I've sent the concept to Steve Borley, here's hoping they'll want to do something with it. I'll post the finished badge with colours as soon as it's done.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Chip shop Alley wrote:Nicely balanced whilst emanating a great sense of passion and pride. It's what we're all about.
But I will not shy from how I feel about the new badge. It's total gash! No thought has gone into it whatsoever

The badge is the part that hurts me most, because it's so bad it's disrespectful. Just 4 or 5 generic images taken from google and put into a shield.

We're worth way more than that and we should be proud of our badge and want our players to play for it.

I'm really upset by what has been chosen to symbolise our proud history, hopefully the powers that be will be open to change though mate!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:21 pm

12thMan wrote:
fryman125 wrote:That badge ticks all the boxs. A coat of arms if I've ever seen one. You have got to make sure your ideas are shown.please show me again with all the colours.

Cheers mate, really appreciate that. I've sent the concept to Steve Borley, here's hoping they'll want to do something with it. I'll post the finished badge with colours as soon as it's done.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Can't wait for this to be finished looks so good!
Your Pride of Wales top is going to be my next season kit!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:22 pm

Now thats a badge !! :ayatollah: not that shit they have given us !! :evil:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Blueboo wrote:Good effort.

Just so you avoid any embarrassing motto errors on the final version it should be 'seize the day' and not 'cease the day'

Thanks a lot for the headsup mate, that could've been embarrasing!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:29 pm

Lamboy88 wrote:

FANTASTIC! cant wait to see what the finished coloured article looks like. I'd even settle if the dragon holding the bluebird flag was placed inside the crest with the banner across the top.

thats talent mate, any timescales on when its gonna be finished?

Thanks a lot mate, really glad you like it.

I should have it done by Monday or Tuesday, it's quite a lot of work redrawing it on the PC and then colouring it all. Hopefully it'll be worth it though.

To keep printing costs down, I have to keep it to a maximum of 5 colours, so I'm going to have to work really hard on the shading, to give the design depth.

As soon as it's finished, I'll post it on here.

Thanks again mate.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:31 pm

CardiffCityHD wrote:Has this been drawn or designed on a computer?

The image i've posted is hand drawn, I posted it on here before I redraw it on the computer and colour it, as that's quite a big job and I wanted to see what people thought of it before I finalised the design!

Really appreciate your positive comments though mate, I put my heart and soul into my designs. So when people react positively to them, it makes me feel great.

Thanks again!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:32 pm

Lamboy88 wrote:
12thMan wrote:The top ribbon will contain the words "Cardiff City" and the bottom one will either say "Pride of Wales", "Fire & Passion" or "Fire & Passion Will Cease The Day"

I wouldnt even mind the words ''y ddraig goch ddyry chyhwyn'' (the red dragon inspires action). Would be quite fitting as it is on the cardiff coat of arms. :ayatollah:

Funny you should say that! I started off by basing the design on the Cardiff Coat of Arms, initially I was just going to slightly change the Cardiff Coat of arms, but I was worried people wouldn't really understand what it was.

Great minds mate!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:21 pm

:thumbup:
Excellent badge design, could see that on a city shirt.... I think it would be much better if a city fan would be the designer of the badge, more in touch with what really matters for the club and fans.. Get is sent off to them, tell them you've had a good response! :ayatollah: