Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Malaysians need to weigh in,

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:25 pm

With a signing.

They have showed their intent by changing our club colour and badge to appeal to global markets and sponsors. They have showed their forward thinking by intending to build a new training ground and expand our stadium.

All the above is dependent on Cardiff being in the Premier League. I know it is still early days in the transfer Market, but a player signing would go a long way to getting the majority of fans to believe in their proposals at present.

Re: The Malaysians need to weigh in,

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:28 pm

Magners wrote:With a signing.

They have showed their intent by changing our club colour and badge to appeal to global markets and sponsors. They have showed their forward thinking by intending to build a new training ground and expand our stadium.

All the above is dependent on Cardiff being in the Premier League. I know it is still early days in the transfer Market, but a player signing would go a long way to getting the majority of fans to believe in their proposals at present.

Totally agree. I am going along with the changes so long as we see some early returns and some decent signings will show their intent. I hope they do not let my support down, only time will tell.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:40 pm

You'll be lucky. The statement on weds said nothing different to previous seasons. They have always said no need to sell players and the manager will have funds to mount a promotion challenge. The statement didn't go any further than this so why do you expect any different this summer?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Magners wrote:With a signing.

They have said that they have agreed a budget with MM so from now on then shouldnt have any input in signings IMO

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Youve been played lads.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:46 pm

The statement actually says they have set malky a prudent budget, that actually sounds a lot worse than previous years. They definitely haven't been prudent for the last two years. Maybe they will finally be making cut backs.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:56 pm

bspark wrote:The statement actually says they have set malky a prudent budget, that actually sounds a lot worse than previous years. They definitely haven't been prudent for the last two years. Maybe they will finally be making cut backs.

Even if they had a huge war chest for MM I'd hope they wouldn't say it.

I think they said they agreed a budget with MM and that he was happy about it.

Either way people need to chill, what will be will be, let's see who we sign

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:59 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
bspark wrote:The statement actually says they have set malky a prudent budget, that actually sounds a lot worse than previous years. They definitely haven't been prudent for the last two years. Maybe they will finally be making cut backs.

agree with this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

only fools would say they were going to spend a fortune.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:05 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Spot on, why would we want them to tell the world how much money is available, it would clearly hike prices for signings! I personally am not interested in the budget a little patience now and I am sure signings will be in over the next 8 weeks!

:ayatollah: