Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

April Fools!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:37 pm

Hello Cardiff, I am a Rotherham United fan and seriously cannot beleive the awful changes happening at your club. I awoke the other morning and turned on Sky Sports News and heard the news and I honestly thought it was April Fools Day, I immediately got online to check it was not a joke and could not beleive what was happening. I understand the financial situation is not great and it is a way out and time for recovery but I just think its like selling the soul. It's difficult looking in but cannot for one minute beleive that if Rotherham were in the situation then anyone would accept the terms set by these new investors. It is probably even worse than what happened to Wimbledon, at least they have managed to re-establish a proper club with the same name and identity. How long before the club is re-named the Thai-Welsh Dragons!??

Sympathies go out to you. :(

Re: April Fools!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:42 pm

muzzymiller wrote:Hello Cardiff, I am a Rotherham United fan and seriously cannot beleive the awful changes happening at your club. I awoke the other morning and turned on Sky Sports News and heard the news and I honestly thought it was April Fools Day, I immediately got online to check it was not a joke and could not beleive what was happening. I understand the financial situation is not great and it is a way out and time for recovery but I just think its like selling the soul. It's difficult looking in but cannot for one minute beleive that if Rotherham were in the situation then anyone would accept the terms set by these new investors. It is probably even worse than what happened to Wimbledon, at least they have managed to re-establish a proper club with the same name and identity. How long before the club is re-named the Thai-Welsh Dragons!??

Sympathies go out to you. :(

They are Malaysian not Thai. Are you Gwyn Davies in disguise or something? You are correct though and we are the laughing stock of the football world at present. Thats the trouble with some of our fans they are like sheep and easily herded. :ayatollah:

Re: April Fools!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:51 pm

Muzzy

If you are genuine - then thanks for the post.

The last few years - i've supported and weighed in to football causes from Plymouth to Darlington.

These 'investors' and owners have sen the premier league brand and all want a piece.
trouble is - only 20 teams can be in it and of those, only 7 or 8 make large commercial sense.

I fear for football and dont wish this situation on any other club.

It's torn us
brother to brother - father and son.

You can only speculate If rotherham were in the same situation. (re-brand or bust we've been told )

mail in an one years time and we can see if any teams fall into admin or worse by then and then we can assess what really happened here.

FIGHTING BLUEBIRD