Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What Do You Think Of This Badge?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:37 am

I like it and would accept over that so called badge we have
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: What Do You Think Of This Badge?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:42 am

still not keen, but a thousand times better

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:43 am

Dump the Fire and Passion and its 100% better than the current one (beer mat / tatoo seen on a fat bird on 6 nations day).

I hate the new badge.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:45 am

Davidreesevans wrote:still not keen, but a thousand times better

I would still like he original but I think this is acceptable and it wouldn't cause rows and arguments
The one they designed was like a McDonald's logo used in Asia

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:48 am

It's really clever the design the dragons wings looks like flames, the blurbird looks like its best buddy's with the dragon and he bottom uses celtic design
And it looks actually nice unlike the one we got

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:39 pm

This is what the designer said about it

Working Word graphic designer Tim Haughton, came up with this new logo. He said: As the decision has been made to make the Welsh dragon more prominent in the City badge and weve gone for an evolution of the badge as opposed to a revolution. The dragons body has been formed into a c and a Celtic knot which both link into the maritime history of Cardiff. Also the interplay between the dragon and the bluebird ties the past and future together nicely. Finally the wings are similar to sails on a boat and also flames, linking to the new fire and passion strap-line.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:44 pm

I thought we would get something like this seeing all the talk of re-branding was about being "innovative", "Moving with the times" and "Looking to the future"

Yet we ended up with a 1970s beermat. :roll:

Vincant Tan hasnt even got a buisiness plan, its just a "vision" of us playing in the PL in red.

Feck me I have visions of a 4some with Kate Hudson, Lolly Badcock and Chloe Sevigny but that aint happening anytime soon.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:48 pm

CP76 wrote:I thought we would get something like this seeing all the talk of re-branding was about being "innovative", "Moving with the times" and "Looking to the future"

Yet we ended up with a 1970s beermat. :roll:

Vincant Tan hasnt even got a buisiness plan, its just a "vision" of us playing in the PL in red.

Feck me I have visions of a 4some with Kate Hudson, Lolly Badcock and Chloe Sevigny but that aint happening anytime soon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:49 pm

Completely against the rebrand ect ect but saw that Wales online was doing a poll and checked out the badges that was put forward and actually voted for this one.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:53 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:Completely against the rebrand ect ect but saw that Wales online was doing a poll and checked out the badges that was put forward and actually voted for this one.

Its a good looking badge!, wonder what other people think?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:55 pm

some fan on walesonline uploaded this...tbh I like it as a compromise
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:59 pm

Im in the red camp. but our new club. crest looks like a swimming badge.
It shoulld be this one below l hope the powers above are listening.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:25 pm

Change all blue to red and put the bluebird in the mouth of the dragon and you might have a winner!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Er, in a word, crap. Nothing wrong with last season's. Had it all; Bluebird, dragon, daffodil, the lot. And no camp slogan. 'Fire and Passion'. Very nice, ducky. Better suited for gay egg-chasers.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:36 pm

I've been working on a new "Pride of Wales" T-Shirt design and decided to adapt it into a new badge for the club.

It'll be coloured and finished within the next couple of days, then I'll get it sent to the club. Would love to get your opinions / feedback / revisions first though.

The top ribbon will contain the words "Cardiff City" and the bottom one will either say "Pride of Wales", "Fire & Passion" or "Fire & Passion Will Cease The Day"

Let me know what you think! I'm also getting both Blue and Red T-Shirts made with the design on it!

http://www.fblockclothing.com

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:37 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Er, in a word, crap. Nothing wrong with last season's. Had it all; Bluebird, dragon, daffodil, the lot. And no camp slogan. 'Fire and Passion'. Very nice, ducky. Better suited for gay egg-chasers.

We all would love last seasons but since VT wants the dragon then I think this is one of the most acceptable I've seen
Loooking forward to 12th mans design! :)

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:50 pm

Sam introduced a proper Welsh flag onto our shirts. The Malaysians removed it last season. Now they want it back, at the expense of our proper badge.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:36 pm

fryman125 wrote:Im in the red camp. but our new club. crest looks like a swimming badge.

I like this one :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:44 am

fryman125 wrote:Im in the red camp. but our new club. crest looks like a swimming badge.

You actually want to play in red?? Can I ask why?