Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A city divided.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:21 am

A city divided

This is my view on not only the changes, but the whole saga since the news broke after West Ham. It'll also be my last post on the messageboard for the time being, the arguments and cheap point scoring between a large amount of our fanbase has become sad to see and I don't wish to witness anymore of it. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, just want to get my views across before my CCFC holiday. :ayatollah:

Re: A city divided.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:24 am

Dudders wrote:A city divided

This is my view on not only the changes, but the whole saga since the news broke after West Ham. It'll also be my last post on the messageboard for the time being, the arguments and cheap point scoring between a large amount of our fanbase has become sad to see and I don't wish to witness anymore of it. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, just want to get my views across before my CCFC holiday. :ayatollah:

Unfortunately the split is deep rooted and will take a long time to heal, if ever. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:27 pm

A "split" didnt even need to happen, its just people. The team could be playing in pink with yellow spots, who cares. Aslong as the club is still alive and the boys are on the pitch.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:14 pm

Caerdydd12 wrote:A "split" didnt even need to happen, its just people. The team could be playing in pink with yellow spots, who cares. Aslong as the club is still alive and the boys are on the pitch.

People with passion you mean..... see..... it's easy to nit pick at either side, and I think Dudders point was exactly that.... nit picking isn't going to change anyone's mind as we all have our beliefs and opinions, of which we are more than entitled to.....

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:44 pm

For what it is worth I have supported Cardiff City ( nick name Bluebirds ) for over 40 years.
I have lived in Dorset for the last 19 , but am still a season ticket holder.

For what it is worth, I would prefer we stay in blue shirts, but in at no point since living in England has anyone said to me when I have told them who I support " oh, the Bluebirds " .

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but when we won the FA cup did we not have a different badge on our shirts?

At one stage, I could have said I supported the team that play at Ninian Park.

The point I am making is we support Cardiff City Football Club.
Yes, it`s a shame we are changing the colour we have used for many years, and I still do not see how red will make us more solvent. However, I am not a multi millionaire, so assume V T knows better than me. He may be wrong, but why on earth would he do this unless he thinks it is the right way forward?

I simply do not understand the sheer venom of the people who are against this ( the reasons they are against it, yes, but not the absolute fury of it ) and I am a person who`s weekend happiness is almost entirely based on whether we win or lose. Many have said it, but the fact remains that people are refusing to go ever again simply because the team they purport to love are going to play in a different colour kit!!!!!!