Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: SAM HAMMAM AND RE-BRANDING

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:22 pm

carlccfc wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I have read several posts that Sam Hammam is behind the re-branding, this is absolute nonsense. Most know that I speak with Sam on a regular basis ( in fact he is my friend :lol: ) and I can state that Sam does not understand why the shirt and badge have to change for the investment to happen.

Some of the accusations made by fans against Sam regarding the whole re-branding and ongoing negotiations and his involvement with the plans are very wide of the mark.

Come on Carl, he had similar plans, actually he wanted to relocate the club in full.

Yes Sam wanted to change the shirt and he did change the badge but he consulted with fans on the changes.

Like feck did he because if he had he woudnt have changed it...

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:40 pm

Christ! Can we get over Sam please. He (langstone) owns loan notes. They will get paid off. He will be history. End of. Can we please move on and get ready to play feckin' football......

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Cardiffmad wrote:I really don't understand how Carl & Annis can defend Sam Hamman so much after what mess he left us in. He must have some sort of Hold on them. As for Sam, the Malaysians and whoever else consulting with fans, what they got to realise is that we have 16,000 ST HOLDERS(approx) and we all should be included NOT just the so-called Fans Representatives, who are they anyway? Carl?, Annis?, Vince?, Big Gwyn?, Corkery?, Barry Mac?I've never had a vote of who I want to represent us as fans.

they were his inner circe his friends thats why theycdefend him sam was the person who gave fans illusions of granduer

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:01 pm

No good blaming Sam. This whole 're-branding fiasco is down to the Malaysians.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:15 pm

carlccfc wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I have read several posts that Sam Hammam is behind the re-branding, this is absolute nonsense. Most know that I speak with Sam on a regular basis ( in fact he is my friend :lol: ) and I can state that Sam does not understand why the shirt and badge have to change for the investment to happen.

Some of the accusations made by fans against Sam regarding the whole re-branding and ongoing negotiations and his involvement with the plans are very wide of the mark.

Come on Carl, he had similar plans, actually he wanted to relocate the club in full.

Yes Sam wanted to change the shirt and he did change the badge but he consulted with fans on the changes.

HE DID,NT ASK ME!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:19 pm

If he consulted with fans he would never have changed the badge and removed the name Cardiff City from it.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:31 pm

IF IT WASNT FOR SAM HAMMAN WE WOULD NOT BE IN THIS MESS, IF HE LOVED CARDIFF AS MUCH AS HE SAYS WHY DOESNT HE JUST WIPE THE DEPT OFF!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:51 pm

carlccfc wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

Didn't he also want to move Wimbledon to Cardiff

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:13 pm

darty1111 wrote:IF IT WASNT FOR SAM HAMMAN WE WOULD NOT BE IN THIS MESS, IF HE LOVED CARDIFF AS MUCH AS HE SAYS WHY DOESNT HE JUST WIPE THE DEPT OFF!

Totally agree with that. He duped us in to thinking he was funding us when all along it was merely a loan. He wanted to spend the cash without telling us the truth so why should we pay him anything?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:13 pm

Bluebina wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

yes he did so he had his original plan there would have been 2 professional clubs in Cardiff

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:17 pm

Bluebina wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

To ireland

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:27 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

To ireland

both were options Cardiff or Dublin if memory serves.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:35 pm

carlccfc wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

Who agreed to the st david cross we had as our badge then? I prefer the new one to that one tbh. Weird that the riddler put it back to a bluebird.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:35 pm

Oh I never heard the Cardiff one

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:57 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Oh I never heard the Cardiff one

yeah when he franchised Wimbledon after selling their home ground he proposed the club relocation to either Dubin, Cardiff or Milton Keynes.
he was unsuccessful on all 3 choices and sold his stake in Wimbledon to two Norweigan business for £30million.
giving him the nickname Sam the Sham by Wimbledon supporters

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:58 pm

I read he looked into Cardiff and Dublin, neither were allowed....

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:30 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:

yeah when he franchised Wimbledon after selling their home ground he proposed the club relocation to either Dubin, Cardiff or Milton Keynes.
he was unsuccessful on all 3 choices and sold his stake in Wimbledon to two Norweigan business for £30million.
giving him the nickname Sam the Sham by Wimbledon supporters

This is true. I remember the article in WOS, mid 90's i think.
Seriously wanted to relocate WFC to either Dublin or Cardiff.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:52 pm

Mention SH to wimbeldon fans and see what they think of him.

If he had took me in to the inner circle an then i was out after he left id be frustrated like Carl an Annis do. Imagine having access to the workings of the club u love??

Bottom line is that was unproffesional of SH and should never have happend.

Unless you are on the board you are just a fan, as it should be.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:04 pm

sam is still and will as long as he can hold us to ransom over the money owed,, and I agree why are annis and carl so pro Sam must be free holidays or is it because sam is a thug !!!