Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SAM HAMMAM AND RE-BRANDING

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:36 am

I have read several posts that Sam Hammam is behind the re-branding, this is absolute nonsense. Most know that I speak with Sam on a regular basis ( in fact he is my friend :lol: ) and I can state that Sam does not understand why the shirt and badge have to change for the investment to happen.

Some of the accusations made by fans against Sam regarding the whole re-branding and ongoing negotiations and his involvement with the plans are very wide of the mark.

Re: SAM HAMMAM AND RE-BRANDING

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:39 am

going off the topic of re-branding, any news on any potential signings Carl? Hopefully Bellamy?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:47 am

Sam hamman dos'nt understand the reason why investment shouldnt go ahead without re branding because there is NO REASON.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:49 am

The reason is that the Malaysians want it.....and we want their money! Sounds like a good deal to me!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:51 am

Never thought it had anything to do with Sam tbh, but what was Sam's reasoning for trying to change our shirt colour when he was at the helm and for changing our badge then?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:53 am

friend

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:53 am

boo hoo. I doubt sam gives a f uck what people on a message board say about him.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:54 am

carlccfc wrote:I have read several posts that Sam Hammam is behind the re-branding, this is absolute nonsense. Most know that I speak with Sam on a regular basis ( in fact he is my friend :lol: ) and I can state that Sam does not understand why the shirt and badge have to change for the investment to happen.

Some of the accusations made by fans against Sam regarding the whole re-branding and ongoing negotiations and his involvement with the plans are very wide of the mark.

Carl, as you speak with Sam on a regular basis, do you know whether he has any intention in accepting this last offer from Tan?

As it looks like the major investment is hinging on Sam accepting this offer and moving on.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:03 am

gabbs wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I have read several posts that Sam Hammam is behind the re-branding, this is absolute nonsense. Most know that I speak with Sam on a regular basis ( in fact he is my friend :lol: ) and I can state that Sam does not understand why the shirt and badge have to change for the investment to happen.

Carl, as you speak with Sam on a regular basis, do you know whether he has any intention in accepting this last offer from Tan?

As it looks like the major investment is hinging on Sam accepting this offer and moving on.

NOW this would be great to know, he has been offered a life president role so let's get this done!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:04 am

Who suggested that Sam Hammam was behind it?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:05 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Who suggested that Sam Hammam was behind it?

There was posts Adam that have now been deleted on CCMB but there are still some there to read which claim it.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:07 am

gabbs wrote:

The investment package has nothing riding on a langston deal being struck, I'll leave Carl to answer regarding any possible offer to Sam....

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:08 am

So I hear Sam has been offered life presidency with this latest offer...wow!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:13 am

Merlin wrote:
gabbs wrote:

The investment package has nothing riding on a langston deal being struck, I'll leave Carl to answer regarding any possible offer to Sam....

Thanks for the reply Merlin, thats good to know that a debt to Langstone is not stepping in the way of the investment.

I expect a lot of this investment to be used up within the next couple of months, with club plans turning into reality and the club balance sheet looking healthier.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:17 am

gabbs wrote:

Sam has always maintained he wants to settle the debt ASAP for the good of Cardiff City, I spoke with Sam as recent as Tuesday and he had not seen the 'full and final offer' that was offered by the club via email to the Langston Corporation. We text back and forth on Wednesday and we will have a conversation over the weekend.

I can't answer with a straight yes or no as I have not spoken to Sam in detail about the offer and I doubt I would be able to or want to answer on a public forum about Langstons intentions.

On a personal level I hope that the deal is concluded soon for the sake of the balance sheet.

For the record the investment package does not hinge on the Langston deal but if/when that particular deal is concluded then Vincent Tan will proceed with plans to turn his debt into equity.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:18 am

Come on Carl, he had similar plans, actually he wanted to relocate the club in full.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:21 am

carlccfc wrote:
gabbs wrote:

Sam has always maintained he wants to settle the debt ASAP for the good of Cardiff City, I spoke with Sam as recent as Tuesday and he had not seen the 'full and final offer' that was offered by the club via email to the Langston Corporation. We text back and forth on Wednesday and we will have a conversation over the weekend.

I can't answer with a straight yes or no as I have not spoken to Sam in detail about the offer and I doubt I would be able to or want to answer on a public forum about Langstons intentions.

On a personal level I hope that the deal is concluded soon for the sale of the balance sheet.

For the record the investment package does not hinge on the Langston deal but if/when that particular deal is concluded then Vincent Tan will proceed with plans to turn his debt into equity.

Thanks for the reply Carl.

I understand that Langstone won't bring any business information into the public.

I just wanted to know Sams intentions concerning this long saga with the debt, and for him to want this sorted out ASAP, should be good news, as Sam will more likely accept an offer very sooner than later.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:22 am

caerdydd_78 wrote:

Come on Carl, he had similar plans, actually he wanted to relocate the club in full.

Yes Sam wanted to change the shirt and he did change the badge but he consulted with fans on the changes.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:25 am

carlccfc wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

Yes Sam wanted to change the shirt and he did change the badge but he consulted with fans on the changes.

But the proposed changes by the Malaysians were leaked, I'm not having a go, but I simply cannot condone anyone who supports what Sam did during his time.

Personally he may be a top bloke, but he did nothing to help Cardiff other than use hedge funds to support his time here.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:32 am

caerdydd_78 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

But the proposed changes by the Malaysians were leaked, I'm not having a go, but I simply cannot condone anyone who supports what Sam did during his time.

Personally he may be a top bloke, but he did nothing to help Cardiff other than use hedge funds to support his time here.

Yes Sam was lethal with money and almost killed the club but would we be where we are today without him?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:49 am

carlccfc wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

Carl SH intention was to rename the club Cardiff Celts, change the playing strip to green, red and white and change the club badge. As for any consultation with fans that amounted to a very small group but I accept he listened and stopped except for changing the badge to that cross os St Davids bollocks.

After the pigs ear that SH made of the club finances I think he would be well advised to concentrate on getting the best deal he can for these loan notes and not question the motives of someone who has put in £40m of his own money. Afterall that must be what 10 times what SH put into the club and that without taking a penny out.

I'm the same as you pragmatic about all of this I'd prefer us to continue to play in Blue but if it means greater financial stability for the club, improved infrastructure and investment in the team I'm more than prepared to accept it. But Cardiff Celts I'd have loved to have been in the room when Annis was telling SH what he thought about that. :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:05 pm

FRIEND !!!!! :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:07 pm

Nothing concrete about turning debt into shares at all. Nothing set on investment and/or how much. Have to trust vt and the board on this, hmm... Remember the old saying fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice ect.. I hope your not having your tummies tickled AGAIN.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:11 pm

well said castleblue

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:35 pm

Alan whiteley " If langston sign up to the terms vt will START TO LOOK AT RESTRUCTURING THE BALANCE SHEET" nothing concrete at all.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:35 pm

Football fwend! :lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:03 pm

I havnt seen any acussing sam of being behind the re branding :?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:18 pm

O
jinks-rct wrote:

I havnt seen any acussing sam of being behind the re branding :?

On the other board. A lot also bringing up the time sam wanted to change us to the celts, that was aborted (thank f**k) after pressure from the fans. Everyone come to their senses in the end. Cant see enough sense floating about this time though, unfortunately.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:02 pm

carlccfc wrote:Yes Sam wanted to change the shirt and he did change the badge but he consulted with fans on the changes.

Consultation.... Surely not.... Businesses never consult with their customers do they.... oh... hang on a minute.... :roll:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:02 pm

I really don't understand how Carl & Annis can defend Sam Hamman so much after what mess he left us in. He must have some sort of Hold on them. As for Sam, the Malaysians and whoever else consulting with fans, what they got to realise is that we have 16,000 ST HOLDERS(approx) and we all should be included NOT just the so-called Fans Representatives, who are they anyway? Carl?, Annis?, Vince?, Big Gwyn?, Corkery?, Barry Mac?I've never had a vote of who I want to represent us as fans.