Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THIS 1 MILL LOSS /MONTH

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:45 am

Isnt this down to peter ridsdale,the malaysians had no season ticket money for a season,they got no catering money coming in thanks to ridsdale,no premier seat money it goes to pmg,they have been left paying dave jones and staff thanks to the rolling contract given by ridsdale. even if they sell a player it goes ray ranson. We are just lucky tan is turning all is debt into equity,and hes continuing to back us because who else would back us.

Re: THIS 1 MILL LOSS /MONTH

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:51 am

ngriffiths wrote:Isnt this down to peter ridsdale,the malaysians had no season ticket money for a season,they got no catering money coming in thanks to ridsdale,no premier seat money it goes to pmg,they have been left paying dave jones and staff thanks to the rolling contract given by ridsdale. even if they sell a player it goes ray ranson. We are just lucky tan is turning all is debt into equity,and hes continuing to back us because who else would back us.

Just overall running costs i think,

Totally agree on your last sentence.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:53 am

He hast turned it yet.

Ill wait till he has before i think of trusting him

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:00 am

He will once langstone is sorted.if the club didnt have to pay jones and was recieving all the income from my post then the 1 mill would be alot less.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:10 pm

I thought that moving to the new stadium was meant to make us not break us.

I assume that losing £1 million per month wasn't part of the business plan, or that we would have to completely rebrand the club to survive. What a mess this is turning out to be, with the supporter base now completely divided. Happy days!!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:18 pm

ngriffiths wrote:Isnt this down to peter ridsdale,the malaysians had no season ticket money for a season,they got no catering money coming in thanks to ridsdale,no premier seat money it goes to pmg,they have been left paying dave jones and staff thanks to the rolling contract given by ridsdale. even if they sell a player it goes ray ranson. We are just lucky tan is turning all is debt into equity,and hes continuing to back us because who else would back us.

Fair play ngriffiths you have made some very valid points which don't often get an airing. Ridsdale sold so much to his mates that the fantastic 'income streams' he used to bang on about are going to someone else rather than CCFC.

Over £1m is sucked out of the club every season by PMG and the amount of Premier seating sold has to be affected by fans not wishing to buy because the cash goes to PMG and not CCFC.

On the catering I'm not sure we actually get anything because we must be still paying off the £5m (or whatever) loan we had for fitting out the stadium.

Factor in that bloody contract Jones had and it is easy to see how the legacy of Ridsdale is still hurting us 2 years after he left the club.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:46 pm

BlaenavonBluebird wrote:I thought that moving to the new stadium was meant to make us not break us.

I assume that losing £1 million per month wasn't part of the business plan, or that we would have to completely rebrand the club to survive. What a mess this is turning out to be, with the supporter base now completely divided. Happy days!!

dont think ridsdale had a business plan.he just sold off all revenue streams

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Well said Neil.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:24 pm

we should have had revenue from retail park,but again got sold off.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:37 pm

A very sensible and well thought out post, everything you mention there is right on the nail. VT isn't taking a penny out of the club not even expenses yet he gets called from his arse to his elbow by some posters on here. :!: