Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ALTERNATIVE BADGES MADE BY OTHER DESIGNERS

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:42 am

Have a look at the other badges that has been made for us

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2012/06/08/91466-31136572/?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2012/06/08/the-great-cardiff-city-emblem-debate-vote-for-your-favourite-design-91466-31136825/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That One

100th Post!
Last edited by CardiffCityHD on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: ALTERNATIVE BADGES MADE BY OTHER DESIGNERS

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:44 am

I like the 3rd one

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:09 am

BUMP

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:15 am

There's been some far better designs than any of the Walesonline's offering on here, over the past few weeks! :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:17 am

Overthemoon wrote:There's been some far better designs than any of the Walesonline's offering on here, over the past few weeks! :ayatollah:

Haha! I do like the 3rd one thou!
Thought it was really clever the way it was designed and would be happy if that was our badge!
:ayatollah:
Apparently our new badge was made using tool kits online

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:08 am

Anyone?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:49 am

I'd be happy with the third or fourth, hopefully the club will re-consider for next seasons kit :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:51 am

CCFCMorris wrote:I'd be happy with the third or fourth, hopefully the club will re-consider for next seasons kit :ayatollah:

Agree, thou I hope they scrap the kit and put the 3rd design on so we don't become a laughing stock

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:59 am

CardiffCityHD wrote:
CCFCMorris wrote:I'd be happy with the third or fourth, hopefully the club will re-consider for next seasons kit :ayatollah:

Agree, thou I hope they scrap the kit and put the 3rd design on so we don't become a laughing stock

As much as id love it, can't see the kit ideas being scrapped while the malaysians are around :(

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:08 pm

CCFCMorris wrote:
CardiffCityHD wrote:

As much as id love it, can't see the kit ideas being scrapped while the malaysians are around :(

True!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:15 pm

the one now is laughable, 2nd reminds me of arsenal and the olympics but its better than what we got now!... 3rd one is the best :ayatollah: , 4th one is clever, but the ones after that are awful, look like rugby league badges!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:21 pm

The third badge is pretty nice.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:29 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:the one now is laughable, 2nd reminds me of arsenal and the olympics but its better than what we got now!... 3rd one is the best :ayatollah: , 4th one is clever, but the ones after that are awful, look like rugby league badges!

Yea agree, dont know what the guy was thinking about the 5th one upwards
Maybe thought we were Malaysia FC or something? :lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:30 pm

Jollffe wrote:The third badge is pretty nice.

Same, got a good meaning behind it!
Looks great!
Wouldn't care too much if that was our new badge and I'm sure we would accept that one
The one we got now is laughable!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:34 pm

I like the third one the best. It looks quite similar to our previous badge.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:38 pm

JonCCFC wrote:I like the third one the best. It looks quite similar to our previous badge.

Ye, but with the dragon and I also think its quite unique

This is what he said about his design

Working Word graphic designer Tim Haughton, came up with this new logo. He said: As the decision has been made to make the Welsh dragon more prominent in the City badge and weve gone for an evolution of the badge as opposed to a revolution. The dragons body has been formed into a c and a Celtic knot which both link into the maritime history of Cardiff. Also the interplay between the dragon and the bluebird ties the past and future together nicely. Finally the wings are similar to sails on a boat and also flames, linking to the new fire and passion strap-line.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:42 pm

Will our owners listen?

No.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:53 pm

some fan has just uploaded his own crest, and tbh I like it... would rather stay with our current crest but this is a compromise
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:55 pm

Hofmeister wrote:some fan has just uploaded his own crest, and tbh I like it... would rather stay with our current crest but this is a compromise

Thats very nice aswell!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:58 pm

Hofmeister wrote:some fan has just uploaded his own crest, and tbh I like it... would rather stay with our current crest but this is a compromise

I would much rather that, must say thats a great design :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:17 pm

That's a brilliant design.

I would be nice if the club would replace the rugby style Microsoft Paint one we're being force fed with this one but cant see it happening.

:ayatollah: