Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

unique situation at cardiff

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:36 am

imagine the scenario.everyone makes a stand against the red shirts.stadium empty.season tickets refunded the reds climb to top of table.20000 people appear who aint never watched city in their lives. we go up all theese new fans watching premiership.thats the unique situation with cardiff.go to any town or village in south east wales and there are scores and scores of people who have watched them at least at least a few times.i believe theres over a million people within an hours drive of the stadium.we propably got the biggest catchment area in the country anyone know?.

Re: unique situation at cardiff

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:45 am

I wouldn't say it's a unique situation & we will still turn up in our droves, however I believe there will be a blue crowd that far outweighs that of red.
I believe we have a 40 mile Radius. But that'll only change when we make the jump to the premiership.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Chip shop Alley wrote:I wouldn't say it's a unique situation & we will still turn up in our droves, however I believe there will be a blue crowd that far outweighs that of red.
I believe we have a 40 mile Radius. But that'll only change when we make the jump to the premiership.

I reckon we will see more and more City fans adopting the Casual gear, rather than opting to wear red or blue. Just my opinion though.We already have a massive number of Casuals and I can only see this increasing for next season.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:24 pm

skiprat wrote:go to any town or village in south east wales and there are scores and scores of people who have watched them at least at least a few times.i believe theres over a million people within an hours drive of the stadium.we propably got the biggest catchment area in the country anyone know?.

Yet we couldnt sell out a play off semi final.

Cardiff City Sleeping Giant is a bollocks myth I am getting tired of hearing.

South Wales is one of the poorest areas in the country and most wont be able to afford PL football on a regular basis.

If the Malaysian alienate a generation of football fans I dont think its that simple to replace.