Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE FIRST PLAYER SIGNING SINCE THE NEWS OF RE-BRANDING

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:23 am

I pray that it won't be a free transfer :lol:

Seriously club officials believe that if we see several top name players sign then there will be another mood swing in favour of re-branding, I suspect they may be right but on the other hand if there are any sort of repeat stories similar to failed bids like in January then I fear the mood will darken. I hope this situation does not put unnecessary pressure on Malky and his team to bring players in for the sake of it, I recall I wrote in February that there were daily calls from the Malaysians asking where the signings were.

No doubt a bold decision has been made regarding the re-branding but now the club have to convince many people that it is not just bold but correct.

Re: THE FIRST PLAYER SIGNING SINCE THE NEWS OF RE-BRANDING

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:26 am

Your almost forced into spending lots of money now. Which is not always a good thing.

Big money does not get you out of this league.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:27 am

carlccfc wrote:I pray that it won't be a free transfer :lol:

Seriously club officials believe that if we see several top name players sign then there will be another mood swing in favour of re-branding, I suspect they may be right but on the other hand if there are any sort of repeat stories similar to failed bids like in January then I fear the mood will darken. I hope this situation does not put unnecessary pressure on Malky and his team to bring players in for the sake of it, I recall I wrote in February that there were daily calls from the Malaysians asking where the signings were.

No doubt a bold decision has been made regarding the re-branding but now the club have to convince many people that it is not just bold but correct.

wouldnt mind a free transfer if its carew,faubert,bellamy.
:lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:27 am

carlccfc wrote:I pray that it won't be a free transfer :lol:

wouldnt mind a free transfer if its carew,faubert,bellamy.
:lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:28 am

All rosie in the garden?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:38 am

Leo is coming!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:36 am

shizzle wrote:Big money does not get you out of this league.

It doesn't guarantee it, but it certainly worked for West Ham & Newcastle 3 seasons ago! :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:48 am

Didn't work so much for Leicester this season.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:48 am

Overthemoon wrote:
shizzle wrote:Big money does not get you out of this league.

It doesn't guarantee it, but it certainly worked for West Ham & Newcastle 3 seasons ago! :ayatollah:

QPR and Southampton were hardly skint either :lol:

Hence when clubs like Blackpool, The Jacks, etc. get promoted they are lauded as they are the exception rather than the rule.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:10 am

Jflynn1927 wrote:Didn't work so much for Leicester this season.

Malky wouldn't buy the same type of player Leicester were signing.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:20 am

Re-branding or not, we need players.

I agree with Carl. A few decent signings will improve the mood as people will start to think we're in the mix for promotion.

Bjorn Sigurdarson would be a good start :old:

WE NEED PLAYERS!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:21 am

I disagree slightly with your original post Carl. This summer for me is the best ever for free transfers with some superb and more importantly realistic players available for nout. The likes of Danny Guthrie, Ricardo Fuller, Luke Chambers, Peter Lovenkrands, Ivan Klasnic, Andy Johnson are all on frees and I honestly wouldn't mind if we signed anynof these first. Surely it's about getting the right player more than how much we pay for them? I actually think that the worst signing first after the rebranding would be a £1m+ deal for Richard Keogh

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:14 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:I disagree slightly with your original post Carl. This summer for me is the best ever for free transfers with some superb and more importantly realistic players available for nout. The likes of Danny Guthrie, Ricardo Fuller, Luke Chambers, Peter Lovenkrands, Ivan Klasnic, Andy Johnson are all on frees and I honestly wouldn't mind if we signed anynof these first. Surely it's about getting the right player more than how much we pay for them? I actually think that the worst signing first after the rebranding would be a £1m+ deal for Richard Keogh

Steve the first line of my post was a joke, hence the laughing smiley ;)

I agree the right player is important and not price paid :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:20 pm

I would suggest a free transfer along the lines of Terry Matthews in place of the Malaysians. :lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:21 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Bluebird99 wrote:I disagree slightly with your original post Carl. This summer for me is the best ever for free transfers with some superb and more importantly realistic players available for nout. The likes of Danny Guthrie, Ricardo Fuller, Luke Chambers, Peter Lovenkrands, Ivan Klasnic, Andy Johnson are all on frees and I honestly wouldn't mind if we signed anynof these first. Surely it's about getting the right player more than how much we pay for them? I actually think that the worst signing first after the rebranding would be a £1m+ deal for Richard Keogh

Steve the first line of my post was a joke, hence the laughing smiley ;)

I agree the right player is important and not price paid :ayatollah:

Fair play then, my fault for getting that first part wrong.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Some of our lets say, newer fans are expecting heaps and heaps of big money signing in tune with Manchester City. They still think despite everything we still have 100m to spend on new players.

These plastics who are only following the City for the fact they think are signing the likes of Higuain will be detrimental to the club.

:old: :old:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:07 pm

I hope it does put pressure on Malky,if he cant stand the heat,get out of the kitchen....he has to ditch the belt or the bracer's,he cant wear both anymore

Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:13 pm

We couldn't convince Noone and Phillips when we were looking good for auto promotion and cup final in January so not sure any bigger names will be convinced now. Think we may land Keogh eventually but looks like we've lost out on the Scandinavian striker. To be honest the way the owners are running the club may put a few players off, it's hardly stable here at the moment. Plenty of talent available on free transfers and a lot of donkeys aswell but malky did alright with the cheap purchases he made last year.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:19 pm

The Malaysians are full of shit. Why did we not add to the squad in any of the last three Januaries? Malky says that its a 'sellers' market' in January, and that he does not want to spend silly money. Well WHU, Southampton, and Reading managed to strengthen their squads, spending a bit, but not stupidly. Look what happened to them. Meanwhile, back at CCFC, we missed out again, and worse still, this latest fiasco. God help us!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:43 pm

I believe the club will need to sign a player that is in demand at our level or the bottom of the Prem. We need to win the race for a player for a change.

I know they may be beyond us now but a player of the like of Jay Rodriguez or Matt Phillips is needed. We need to make it worth their while to ignore some of the less fancied lower premiership teams. Only this will show the money is available.

Oh and Craig Bellamy

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:44 pm

First signing for plastic FC in the plastics mind will be Higuain, in reality it will be Darius Vassell.

:old: :old:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:56 pm

So Luke Chambers on a free it is! :ugeek:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:05 pm

RFMH wrote:So Luke Chambers on a free it is! :ugeek:

Isn't he Leicester bound??

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:28 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:The Malaysians are full of shit. Why did we not add to the squad in any of the last three Januaries? Malky says that its a 'sellers' market' in January, and that he does not want to spend silly money. Well WHU, Southampton, and Reading managed to strengthen their squads, spending a bit, but not stupidly. Look what happened to them. Meanwhile, back at CCFC, we missed out again, and worse still, this latest fiasco. God help us!

The nail has been smashed on the head.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:34 pm

bspark wrote:We couldn't convince Noone and Phillips when we were looking good for auto promotion and cup final in January so not sure any bigger names will be convinced now. Think we may land Keogh eventually but looks like we've lost out on the Scandinavian striker. To be honest the way the owners are running the club may put a few players off, it's hardly stable here at the moment. Plenty of talent available on free transfers and a lot of donkeys aswell but malky did alright with the cheap purchases he made last year.

Wed be lucky to land Andy Keogh with these goons at the helm.

Lost 40m in 2 years but their such great businessmen :roll:

Paying Kenny Miller 25 large a week isnt very savvy.

But hey theyare succesful businessnen what do I know about football compared to them. :roll:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:35 pm

jama wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:The Malaysians are full of shit. Why did we not add to the squad in any of the last three Januaries? Malky says that its a 'sellers' market' in January, and that he does not want to spend silly money. Well WHU, Southampton, and Reading managed to strengthen their squads, spending a bit, but not stupidly. Look what happened to them. Meanwhile, back at CCFC, we missed out again, and worse still, this latest fiasco. God help us!

Jan 11/12 + Loan Window - Parrish, Harris, Vuckic (loan)

Jan 10/11 + Loan Window - Parkin, Keinan, JWT (loan), Ramsey (Loan), Brown (loan), Bywater (loan), Samuel (loan)

Jan - 09/10 + Loan Window - No one, small hint here though: THE MALAYSIAN'S DIDN'T OWN THE CLUB! :roll: :roll:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:39 pm

RFMH wrote:
jama wrote:

Jan 10/11 + Loan Window - Parkin, Keinan, JWT (loan), Ramsey (Loan), Brown (loan), Bywater (loan), Samuel (loan)
Jan - 09/10 + Loan Window - No one, small hint here though: THE MALAYSIAN'S DIDN'T OWN THE CLUB! :roll: :roll:

Youve just rested his case for him.

2 kids who didnt get a game and a loanee who played mainly as a sub.

The year before a load of crap as DJ said "tried to get promotion on the cheap"

Face FACTS these guys know f**k all about running a fotball club.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:48 pm

CP76 wrote:
RFMH wrote:
jama wrote:

Youve just rested his case for him.

2 kids who didnt get a game and a loanee who played mainly as a sub.

The year before a load of crap as DJ said "tried to get promotion on the cheap"

Face FACTS these guys know f**k all about running a fotball club.

another fact! you know fck all about running football club

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Another FACT you are all inbred from Pembroke

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:17 pm

shizzle wrote:Your almost forced into spending lots of money now. Which is not always a good thing.

Big money does not get you out of this league.

I know, West Ham did it on a shoe string. :roll: