Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:42 am

He turned down a premiership club to stay with Cardiff. Let's not forget this.

I think we need to get behind malky and the players. Who cares what people think of the owners. Let's get behind malky and the team. He deserves this as he has stayed loyal.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Malky

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:00 am

Canton stand baz wrote:He turned down a premiership club to stay with Cardiff. Let's not forget this.

I think we need to get behind malky and the players. Who cares what people think of the owners. Let's get behind malky and the team. He deserves this as he has stayed loyal.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: true mate
Wonder if Malky will buy a red shirt :lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:03 am

Blue tie or Red tie?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:39 am

Canton stand baz wrote:He turned down a premiership club to stay with Cardiff. Let's not forget this.

Correct....we are Cardiff City Fc not a colour.

:ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:42 am

They never actually made an approach for him.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:46 am

Forever Blue wrote:

True....he did end any speculation though.....surely thats a good thing?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:59 am

Before Malky came out with hs statement Norwich had already said that they were looking for someone with top Division experience whether in this country, Spain, Italy, Germany,etc. Therefore Malky would not have been considered anyway but it is always nice for a manager to commit to a club.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:03 am

Although no official approach was made, I'm sure there was some sort of dialogue.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:34 pm

C' mon Malky sort it out, some good signings and some Gelling. Get good results and build on our pleasing last season!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:44 pm

Well said Barrie :ayatollah:
Are you out tomorrow mate it is Wes' birthday :D

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Well said ! :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:57 pm

Malky was never ever considered for the Norwich job. Paper talk in the silly season . Yes he spent a few years there but Norwich stated they were after a prem experienced manager. Some people will believe anything. Do you think he would of not gone to Norwich...................... We don't know ;)

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:16 pm

cardiff yid wrote:Malky was never ever considered for the Norwich job. Paper talk in the silly season . Yes he spent a few years there but Norwich stated they were after a prem experienced manager. Some people will believe anything. Do you think he would of not gone to Norwich...................... We don't know ;)

I'm pretty sure Malky would've received a call off Nowrich especially with has background and relationship with the board at Norwich. Makes even more sense after Chris Hughton getting the job.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:24 pm

Sorry chippy but why would you think they called malky if they stated they were after a manger with prem experience.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

If Norwich did ,Malky would've gone no doubt :!:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:23 pm

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:Although no official approach was made, I'm sure there was some sort of dialogue.

^^^^^^^^^^^^this

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:29 pm

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:Although no official approach was made, I'm sure there was some sort of dialogue.

I was told by an agent up here that there was minor contact but the compensation figure qouted killed any move before it even got close to starting.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:31 pm

PtB wrote:

I was told by an agent up here that there was minor contact but the compensation figure qouted killed any move before it even got close to starting.

Makes sense with the 5 years he has on his deal :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Regardless of whether he was offered the job or not I'm paying my money to support malky and the team. I also pay my money to meet up with pals, get wrecked and have banter with away fans!!

f**k what the suits are doing. There there to keep the club afloat and give money to malky for players.

Years ago it wouldn't of mattered what the suits do. It's what happens on the pitch that matters.

However if we start struggling in the leauge and we see no investment on players then it's time to protest and throw our toys out of the pram.

I remember staying behind on the pitch one game protesting against the kumars. We were f*cking struggling bad then and we could end up struggling again!! None of us were happy back then so why would we be happy back down there again??

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:52 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:Regardless of whether he was offered the job or not I'm paying my money to support malky and the team. I also pay my money to meet up with pals, get wrecked and have banter with away fans!!

f**k what the suits are doing. There there to keep the club afloat and give money to malky for players.

Years ago it wouldn't of mattered what the suits do. It's what happens on the pitch that matters.

However if we start struggling in the leauge and we see no investment on players then it's time to protest and throw our toys out of the pram.

I remember staying behind on the pitch one game protesting against the kumars. We were f*cking struggling bad then and we could end up struggling again!! None of us were happy back then so why would we be happy back down there again??

I remember the protest against the kumar regime ,I think we were on the pitch till about 7 ,didn't a few fans get in to have a chat with kumar but never came back out ;)

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Memory is hazy x casual. We went right up to the grandstand standing on the pitch. Didn't they come out to speak to us? :?: