Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Steve Borley

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:02 pm

Just said on Twitter "we are chasing a good few targets. Hope we land soon so we can concentrate on football"

Good news and hopefully will bring back some good football discussion on the board :D :ayatollah:

Re: Steve Borley

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:05 pm

Well I'm sold. A few rumours clears it right up

VT show me your big, juicy, bulging

wallet

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:10 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:Just said on Twitter "we are chasing a good few targets. Hope we land soon so we can concentrate on football"

Good news and hopefully will bring back some good football discussion on the board :D :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:35 am

I hope they won't rush signings just to calm down the fans. Get the right players not the ones that are easiest to sign.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:38 am

rhys1927ccfc wrote:Just said on Twitter "we are chasing a good few targets. Hope we land soon so we can concentrate on football"

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:05 am

2blue2handle wrote:I hope they won't rush signings just to calm down the fans. Get the right players not the ones that are easiest to sign.

I'm sure he's had the targets lined up for a while, not just panic signings to cover up the all the rebranding. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:08 am

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I hope they won't rush signings just to calm down the fans. Get the right players not the ones that are easiest to sign.

I'm sure he's had the targets lined up for a while, not just panic signings to cover up the all the rebranding. :ayatollah:

Yeah I'm sure your right but if they didn't get them they may panic. I have faith in MM signings :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:21 am

2blue2handle wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

Yeah I'm sure your right but if they didn't get them they may panic. I have faith in MM signings :ayatollah:

Yeah me too. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:04 am

Another ruse to take attention away from the mess they've made. There is no 100mi, the fans have been taken for suckers. Time for Borley to resign.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:09 am

jama wrote:Another ruse to take attention away from the mess they've made. There is no 100mi, the fans have been taken for suckers. Time for Borley to resign.

Hang ur head, Steve has rescued this club from the brink on more than one occasion, using his own cash to do so!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:32 am

jama wrote:Another ruse to take attention away from the mess they've made. There is no 100mi, the fans have been taken for suckers. Time for Borley to resign.

I dont think hes got any power what so ever at the club anymore or a say in things but has become a go between and another yes man along with others who nod in the boardroom i think thats clear to most fans now, so its hard to take for him with whats going on i bet, hes been on the board for years keeping are club alive, hes a proper city fan at heart i know this. I doubt we would even have a club without him as for him to resign i think your being rather silly.
:ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:42 am

Malky ain't the type to rush in and sign anyone, the man stalks them well in advance,he deffo wont bring anyone in who may rock the boat no matter how good they are.
Saying that, a big name signing would help fans get a bit of focus and take some pressure from offfield activities, but I don't think Malky will be rushed into anything just for that reason. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:49 am

BigGwynram wrote:Malky ain't the type to rush in and sign anyone, the man stalks them well in advance,he deffo wont bring anyone in who may rock the boat no matter how good they are.
Saying that, a big name signing would help fans get a bit of focus and take some pressure from offfield activities, but I don't think Malky will be rushed into anything just for that reason. :ayatollah:

The only big name ive seen on here over the last few days being mentioned gywn is yours over and over i know i was part of the lets bash gwyn and he bashes me opinions but f**k me its never ending for you on both boards, maybe get your mankini on and do a press interview with MM to unveil you as being are new signing that would cheer us all up :lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:01 am

NO!

Im still having nightmares after seeing that picture :shock:

My eyes actually burned :cry:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:03 am

CraigCCFC wrote:NO!

Im still having nightmares after seeing that picture :shock:

My eyes actually burned :cry:

:lol: atleast they could afford his signing on fee six pints two packs of pork scratchings and a bag of chips on the way home after training .

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:44 am

Maybe it is better he stays on the board and advises them?

He could be our secret weapon in all this.

Without someone loyal to the club it could get far worse if the Malaysians try something new and Steve Borley is not there to calm it down.

SB seems to be City through and through, so to say he should resign is a bit silly.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:58 am

CraigCCFC wrote:

Hang ur head, Steve has rescued this club from the brink on more than one occasion, using his own cash to do so!

Shame? Me? Oh ffs, borley was part of an inner circle of yes men who hoodwinked fans over this bullshit franchise. He failed as a " city fan " to convey the depth of feelings of many fans over the erosion of this clubs history. He should take the honorable cause of action and resign.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:59 am

jama wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

Shame? Me? Oh ffs, borley was part of an inner circle of yes men who hoodwinked fans over this bullshit franchise. He failed as a " city fan " to convey the depth of feelings of many fans over the erosion of this clubs history. He should take the honorable cause of action and resign.

you have no idea at all

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:17 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
jama wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

you have no idea at all

Just wave a little red plastic flag, roll over and have your tummy tickled.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:28 am

jama wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:
jama wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

you have no idea at all

Errrr dickhead, im against the changes u muppet!

Just, if u knew anything you would know without Steve CCFC would have gone out of business many many years ago.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:36 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
jama wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:
jama wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

you have no idea at all

Just, if u knew anything you would know without Steve CCFC would have gone out of business many many years ago.

Im the same craig the changes are f*cking shit but this got me worked up when clearly his hands are tied and always have been since the owners are here, what are fans expecting him to say ITS ALL MY FAULT I KNEW ABOUT THIS BUT LIKE ALL OF US FANS OUT THERE I HAD NO CHOICE AS ITS BEEN DROPPED ON US ALL. thats how it is and he probly thinks that but he wont say it obviously, what else was the man supposed to do :roll:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:59 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
jama wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:
jama wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

you have no idea at all

I do know borley, i do know what he has done for this club in the PAST. Over the past month he has been part of a board that has ripped this club apart. He should as a "city fan " resign........And less of the name calling mush.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:07 am

I am amazed that Borley has been slated here. The guy dipped into his own pockets time and time again to save this club.

Like many of us I doubt Steve wanted these changes but he is looking after our club in the long term. I don't want another day where we are waiting until 5pm to see if the club has survived.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:35 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Malky ain't the type to rush in and sign anyone, the man stalks them well in advance,he deffo wont bring anyone in who may rock the boat no matter how good they are.

The only big name ive seen on here over the last few days being mentioned gywn is yours over and over i know i was part of the lets bash gwyn and he bashes me opinions but f**k me its never ending for you on both boards, maybe get your mankini on and do a press interview with MM to unveil you as being are new signing that would cheer us all up :lol:

After seeing my package in that mankini, I think BIG signing would be a step to far. ;)

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:03 am

BigGwynram wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

After seeing my package in that mankini, I think BIG signing would be a step to far. ;)

i just thought it would give us all a laugh to ease the pain :lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:06 am

bluebird1977 wrote:

I dont think hes got any power what so ever at the club anymore or a say in things but has become a go between and another yes man along with others who nod in the boardroom i think thats clear to most fans now, so its hard to take for him with whats going on i bet, hes been on the board for years keeping are club alive, hes a proper city fan at heart i know this. I doubt we would even have a club without him as for him to resign i think your being rather silly.

I get upset in my insides every time you do this. I feel like I should ask my brothers school if they could let you sit in on his year 4 class for a few weeks.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:08 am

The Douce wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

I get upset in my insides every time you do this. I feel like I should ask my brothers school if they could let you sit in on his year 4 class for a few weeks.

Its just a ploy to get you in the threads im in, do you like ARE new badge then :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:10 am

Not particularly, but I'm coming around to it. We haven't always had bluebirds on the badge >>>

As for insulting Borley, just face palm yourselves.