Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

let's start a new club

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:38 pm

let's start a new club in protest to the rebrading

Re: let's start a new club

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:41 pm

as long as the name 'Cardiff City FC' stays the same, I'm going nowhere.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:42 pm

Only if it was accepted into the English league system so we could show the idiots running our club how to run a football club.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:44 pm

bspark wrote:Only if it was accepted into the English league system so we could show the idiots running our club how to run a football club.

that's the thing, I highly doubt that we'd be let out of the Welsh league system if a new club was formed.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:52 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
bspark wrote:Only if it was accepted into the English league system so we could show the idiots running our club how to run a football club.

that's the thing, I highly doubt that we'd be let out of the Welsh league system if a new club was formed.

As I've said previously its a complete myth that any new club formed wont be allowed to play outside Wales. Newport and Merthyr have managed it in recent years because both FA's have left it in the hands of the relevent leagues who have welcomed them with open arms.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:55 pm

thedoctor13 wrote:let's start a new club in protest to the rebrading

I'm with you on this, if they plan REBRADING us as well now, then that's a step to far. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:57 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

I'm with you on this, if they plan REBRADING us as well now, then that's a step to far. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leave our players hair alone. Let's start a petition.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:09 am

So the idea is that you don't support Cardiff city because they lost the history and identity by changing colours but then you want to create a new club with a brand new identity and with no history :lol:
Sounds odd to me.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:03 am

2blue2handle wrote:

So the idea is that you don't support Cardiff city because they lost the history and identity by changing colours but then you want to create a new club with a brand new identity and with no history :lol:
Sounds odd to me.

This well said 2blue2handle. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:01 am

2blue2handle wrote:

Sounds odd to me.

Spot on, it is still Cardiff City and as long as it's Cardiff City then that's good enough for me!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:11 am

YER you could call it DIC HEADS UNTD :lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:19 am

2blue2handle wrote:

Sounds odd to me.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:35 am

just fell off my chair laughing, why don't you make the riddler and sam directors, you would be the richest club in the cardiff and district league

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:40 pm

So your saying that u have basically lost your club because of a change of colour and a sence of history. so your going to start a new club which will have no history and no real ties to cardiff city. we have lost one important thing and your answer is to throw away the rest of it. your new club wont be cardiff city and its going to be a completly diffrent name design everything really, i think thats going to be worse than the rebranding to be honest

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:24 pm

the Cardiff City that I love dies with these changes. Therefore to form a new club is only logical, same as AFC Wimbledon is Wimbledon for me, and not MK Dons...

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:29 pm

Let's not :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:46 pm

Some asylum must be missing an inmate :lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:56 pm

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:

Some asylum must be missing an inmate :lol:

Not fair on inmates :shock:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:14 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:YER you could call it DIC HEADS UNTD :lol:

Only if you beccome a fan

Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:27 pm

Hofmeister wrote:the Cardiff City that I love dies with these changes. Therefore to form a new club is only logical, same as AFC Wimbledon is Wimbledon for me, and not MK Dons...

Hardly the same. They moved to a new town. We just changed a home kit to red and a badge. Perspective needed.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:the Cardiff City that I love dies with these changes. Therefore to form a new club is only logical, same as AFC Wimbledon is Wimbledon for me, and not MK Dons...

Hardly the same. They moved to a new town. We just changed a home kit to red and a badge. Perspective needed.

And made our ground a shrine to Malaysia.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:34 pm

CP76 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Eh? A bit OTT I think. Our ground is where Cardiff city play watched by Cardiff city fans. Seems simple to me

Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:36 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
CP76 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Eh? A bit OTT I think. Our ground is where Cardiff city play watched by Cardiff city fans. Seems simple to me

A Malaysian shrine frequented by Franchise FC plastics from next season

Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:42 pm

CP76 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
CP76 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

A Malaysian shrine frequented by Franchise FC plastics from next season

If you want an excuse to give up on Cardiff city then that's your prerogative and good luck. Fail to see how this makes true fans plastics. Grow up.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:02 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:

enough for me. badge or name change are the same to me. this thing is in no way a cardiff city crest, could prob live with red as long as we have a guaranteed blue change strip.
after losing ninian park, our colours, our crest, theres just one thing left and thats the name. and that will change too, if we can market a different name better in asia.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:06 pm

50 Years A Bluebird wrote:just fell off my chair laughing, why don't you make the riddler and sam directors, you would be the richest club in the cardiff and district league

Don't think we could get Sam, apparently he is becoming life president of the dragons. The Malaysians next announcement will probably include some sort of role for the riddler back at the club.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:07 pm

Hofmeister wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

enough for me. badge or name change are the same to me. this thing is in no way a cardiff city crest, could prob live with red as long as we have a guaranteed blue change strip.
after losing ninian park, our colours, our crest, theres just one thing left and thats the name. and that will change too, if we can market a different name better in asia.

FL rules state clubs cannot change names.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:09 pm

murphy wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

FL rules state clubs cannot change names.

just about to type that, when will these clueless people learn that the name can't change! :roll:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:12 pm

I'm also fed up with clueless people saying a newly formed cardiff city would not be allowed into the english system, when merthyr did it just 2 years ago. :roll:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:18 pm

why are the MK Dons not Wimbledon anymore? wheres a will, theres a way...
when will the clueless people realise, we're being raped off our identity? :roll: