Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Season Ticket Cancellations

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:37 pm

I'd say it is pretty safe to say that the majority of fans paid for their season tickets using the Zebra Finance plan.

So, just so everyone knows, the true number of cancelled season tickets won't be known until the final installment has been taken by Zebra Finance, and the money passed on to the club. That is how the club have explained the process to people.

In terms of those who have paid up front and wish to cancel - the letters that these fans are required to send in, declaring their intent to cancel, will probably only start arriving from next week onwards.

I have seen a few people quote very low numbers of cancellations so far, so I thought I would make the facts clear so as to avoid any point scoring that may occur. We are all Cardiff fans, after all.
:ayatollah:

Re: Season Ticket Cancellations

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:39 pm

I doubt the owners will care one way or another to be honest. :(

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:40 pm

SBF1 wrote:I doubt the owners will care one way or another to be honest. :(

Why would they care, they have 2 planes loads coming from Malaysia every home game! :roll:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:40 pm

Uncle Fester, I am just making some facts clear so that people do not try to manipulate the supposed figures they have received :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:43 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I'd say it is pretty safe to say that the majority of fans paid for their season tickets using the Zebra Finance plan.

So, just so everyone knows, the true number of cancelled season tickets won't be known until the final installment has been taken by Zebra Finance, and the money passed on to the club. That is how the club have explained the process to people.

In terms of those who have paid up front and wish to cancel - the letters that these fans are required to send in, declaring their intent to cancel, will probably only start arriving from next week onwards.

I have seen a few people quote very low numbers of cancellations so far, so I thought I would make the facts clear so as to avoid any point scoring that may occur. We are all Cardiff fans, after all.

I looked into this last week and only changed my mind because we were promised the rebranding was off. I think that the numbers will be a surprise but don't expect the club to advertise it. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:46 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I'd say it is pretty safe to say that the majority of fans paid for their season tickets using the Zebra Finance plan.

I would plead with all our loyal fans (and most of the fans who seem to be seriously saying they may cancel have been amongst our most loyal fans over many many years) to allow a few weeks to go by before they do something as drastic as this.

I know they may feel some in the red camp may have indulged in gloating (which I hate - and if I've been guilty of this at all, then I apologise) and this may have fired them up all the more, but you are all really valuable and needed by our club :ayatollah:

If after a few weeks, then you still feel the same, then I can't argue with you, but at least allow a cooling off period to happen, which may mean that the anger feels slighly less.

I know you may feel I'm spineless because I'm in the red camp, but this is a genuine plea to fellow fans, who i really value as City fans - you are still the lifeblood of this club...we all need you :ayatollah:
Last edited by Die Walkure on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:47 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:

Uncle Fester, I am just making some facts clear so that people do not try to manipulate the supposed figures they have received :ayatollah:

Why would anyone want to though?
Thought never even entered my mind to be honest.
I was just stating what I think the "head sheds" would think of any such cancellations.
Bound to a few no doubt though.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:51 pm

SBF1 wrote:

I was just stating what I think the "head sheds" would think of any such cancellations.

I was just disappointed to see a few people on both messageboards gloating that 'only 6 or 7' have cancelled their season tickets, which I think is doing a dis-service to the situation and to the complexities of the situation. Whatever about the for and against camps, we will ALL have at least some friends that won't be renewing next season - in my case quite a few - and I just feel genuinely saddened by that.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:53 pm

SBF1 wrote:

Seems there are now those out there that want the club to fail so they can say I told you so.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:56 pm

'If' the figure is higher than expected the club would never advertise it

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:59 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

Seems there are now those out there that want the club to fail so they can say I told you so.

Don't want the club to fail, I'll still look out for results but will never step foot in the stadium again under that badge or colour! I'm not currently a season ticket holder as I'm travelling but have been on many occasions in the past. I'll be back home in Jan but will assure you that I won't be near the stadium even if wer 10 points clear at the top. I know of a handful of people who has refunded their season tickets and I dont blame them, I would have done the same.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:02 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

Don't want the club to fail, I'll still look out for results but will never step foot in the stadium again under that badge or colour! I'm not currently a season ticket holder as I'm travelling but have been on many occasions in the past. I'll be back home in Jan but will assure you that I won't be near the stadium even if wer 10 points clear at the top. I know of a handful of people who has refunded their season tickets and I dont blame them, I would have done the same.

So you are no longer a fan / supporter of Cardiff City FC?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:03 pm

Angry Man wrote:'If' the figure is higher than expected the club would never advertise it

To be honest, I only know of one.
He is a season ticket holder and has been a City fan for longer than he would care to admit.
He is most prob reading this now.
He is adamant though, he said as soon as we go red he will not enter the stadium ever again.
He's entitled to his opinion and free to do as he likes.
I just cannot walk away just like that.
Don't know how much more I could take though. :(

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:04 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

So you are no longer a fan / supporter of Cardiff City FC?

Read the top of my post.

Didn't say I no longer support the club. But I won't be at the stadium.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:05 pm

Why cancel when you can have plenty of entertainment next season watching all the plastics get very restless at the thought of no big name signings or promotion.

I can't f*cking wait. :old:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:08 pm

Die Walkure wrote:

I would plead with all our loyal fans (and most of the fans who seem to be seriously saying they may cancel have been amongst our most loyal fans over many many years) to allow a few weeks to go by before they do something as drastic as this.

I know they may feel some in the red camp may have indulged in gloating (which I hate - and if I've been guilty of this at all, then I apologise) and this may have fired them up all the more, but you are all really valuable and needed by our club :ayatollah:

If after a few weeks, then you still feel the same, then I can't argue with you, but at least allow a cooling off period to happen, which may mean that the anger feels slighly less.

I know you may feel I'm spineless because I'm in the red camp, but this is a genuine plea to fellow fans, who i really value as City fans - you are still the lifeblood of this club...we all need you :ayatollah:

I think you are right here I am gonna go to the first game and see how me and the kids feel about it but if I am honest I cant see us getting the same feelings for this new club but I will defo try my best.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:11 pm

Bound to a few no doubt though.[/quote]

Seems there are now those out there that want the club to fail so they can say I told you so.[/quote]

Don't want the club to fail, I'll still look out for results but will never step foot in the stadium again under that badge or colour! I'm not currently a season ticket holder as I'm travelling but have been on many occasions in the past. I'll be back home in Jan but will assure you that I won't be near the stadium even if wer 10 points clear at the top. I know of a handful of people who has refunded their season tickets and I dont blame them, I would have done the same.[/quote]

So you are no longer a fan / supporter of Cardiff City FC?[/quote]

Read the top of my post.

Didn't say I no longer support the club. But I won't be at the stadium.[/quote]

How can you support the club by staying away? Wheres the support in that?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:20 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Why would anyone want to though?

Seems there are now those out there that want the club to fail so they can say I told you so.[/quote]

Don't want the club to fail, I'll still look out for results but will never step foot in the stadium again under that badge or colour! I'm not currently a season ticket holder as I'm travelling but have been on many occasions in the past. I'll be back home in Jan but will assure you that I won't be near the stadium even if wer 10 points clear at the top. I know of a handful of people who has refunded their season tickets and I dont blame them, I would have done the same.[/quote]

Read the top of my post.

How can you support the club by staying away? Wheres the support in that?[/quote]

Most south Wales mancs and Scousers call them selves supporters. What's different?

The identity of this club has gone, I loved everything about this club, not just the name. The whole package. The colour and the badge was a big part of that package to me personally.

Not bothered what you or anyone else believes in, to me personally it means a whole lot more than the promised land of premier league football.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:25 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Why would anyone want to though?

Read the top of my post.

How can you support the club by staying away? Wheres the support in that?[/quote]

Most south Wales mancs and Scousers call them selves supporters. What's different?

The identity of this club has gone, I loved everything about this club, not just the name. The whole package. The colour and the badge was a big part of that package to me personally.

Not bothered what you or anyone else believes in, to me personally it means a whole lot more than the promised land of premier league football.[/quote]

They aren't supporters, just interested bystanders. It's your choice and it's not for me to judge you. We move on without you. All the best

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:04 am

We must remember that those of us who cancel our Season Tickets are still supporters of our club.

The club wouldn't exist without their loyal support over the years. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:24 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:We must remember that those of us who cancel our Season Tickets are still supporters of our club.

i wouldnt class them as supporters no more,, they have turned there ack and made the choice to leave cardiff behind.

yes the club wont exist without the fans just like it wouldnt exist without the malaysians, nobody is right or wrong on that front but the point is the malaysians are sticking around and these so called 'fans' are not.

ill be there every game in my red cardiff shirt supporting my club through anything, not just when it suits me

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:36 am

jezzy666 wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:We must remember that those of us who cancel our Season Tickets are still supporters of our club.

i wouldnt class them as supporters no more,, they have turned there ack and made the choice to leave cardiff behind.

yes the club wont exist without the fans just like it wouldnt exist without the malaysians, nobody is right or wrong on that front but the point is the malaysians are sticking around and these so called 'fans' are not.

ill be there every game in my red cardiff shirt supporting my club through anything, not just when it suits me

Reading that load of sycophantic dross i can see why people want a refund.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:46 am

There is no one more anti red than myself.I dont particularly like the colour red unless its a woman wearing it as a dress,but for the life of me i can't understand why anybody would want to cancel their season ticket.I know its much more involved than just the changing of the kit,but we are CARDIFF CITY! ffs.and always will be........i hope. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:49 am

I think there will be far more new excited fans coming in than bitter old fans going out.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:55 am

On this topic of st cancellations, roughly how many were cancelled by people who only wanted a Wembley cup final ticket?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:56 am

Karl wrote:I think there will be far more new excited fans coming in than bitter old fans going out.

If you think that then you are deluded. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:03 am

Bluebird64 wrote:
Karl wrote:I think there will be far more new excited fans coming in than bitter old fans going out.

Bit harsh calling somebody deluded, just because their opinion is different to yours!

Have you forgotten how many fans bought season tickets and shirts when Bellamy came to us?

If the club bring a few quality players in before the new season starts, then IMO there'll be loads of new season ticket holders for the forthcoming season, who won't give a toss what colour shirt we wear! :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:16 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Bit harsh calling somebody deluded, just because their opinion is different to yours!

Have you forgotten how many fans bought season tickets and shirts when Bellamy came to us?

If the club bring a few quality players in before the new season starts, then IMO there'll be loads of new season ticket holders for the forthcoming season, who won't give a toss what colour shirt we wear! :ayatollah:

He is being called deluded not because his opinion differs but because he is deluded. I guarantee that if we lost say 4000 fans then you would not replace them.
Your last line about fans not giving a toss about the colour only reinforces the fact that people have left for the right reasons. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:30 am

Bluebird64 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

He is being called deluded not because his opinion differs but because he is deluded.

He speaks highly of you!

Bluebird64 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

I guarantee that if we lost say 4000 fans then you would not replace them.:

So how can you guarantee this then? :?

Bluebird64 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Your last line about fans not giving a toss about the colour only reinforces the fact that people have left for the right reasons.:[/quote]

Any fans leaving are certainly entitled to do so and in their eyes, it may well be for the right reason, but to guess that there's 4,000 fans about to walk away, is surely a deluded guess at best as well? :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:33 am

I thought long and hard about cancelling and came to conclusion there was no point. The owners won't care whilst in truth, I would miss footy too much.

Plan on attanding games as normal however I shall never sing / buy anything associated with the new brand. Will continue to shout bluebirds etc and anticipate a poisonous atmosphere first home game of season.

How to divide a club / alienate a fan base in one quick month.