Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The "split" of fans

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:20 pm

Really is quite something. I have never seen any fans as split as this, the abuse isn't as bad as some say it is, but bloody hell there is a chasm in the fan base that isn't great to see, even for a cold heartless guy like me. It'll take a long time to heal. They really have planned this, they knew it would be an incredibly divisive issue and I think they want to use it to weed out the unwanted.

Re: The "split" of fans

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:25 pm

It's amazing really, the issue couldn't be more divisive. About 50-60% pro red and 40-50% pro blue with just under 20% saying they would walk away according to the last poll I saw. The fans really couldn't be more split over a two option issue.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:30 pm

You think the likes of Mike Morris, Annis, TLG are unwanted?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:31 pm

bspark wrote:It's amazing really, the issue couldn't be more divisive. About 50-60% pro red and 40-50% pro blue with just under 20% saying they would walk away according to the last poll I saw. The fans really couldn't be more split over a two option issue.

I agree but at the meeting at the CCS the invited fans reps did not convey this message to the club.Instead they gave the club the impression we had all changed our minds and welcomed the rebranding which is clearly not the case. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:14 pm

The Lad wrote:Really is quite something. I have never seen any fans as split as this, the abuse isn't as bad as some say it is, but bloody hell there is a chasm in the fan base that isn't great to see, even for a cold heartless guy like me. It'll take a long time to heal. They really have planned this, they knew it would be an incredibly divisive issue and I think they want to use it to weed out the unwanted.

weed out the unwanted .You are a small mined person sorry mate weed out the unwanted what you on about

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:17 pm

It's a shame, I have only seen fans split like this once before back in the 90s. It's not good to see but there has always been a divide between the true hardcore bluebirds like myself and the plastic late arriving army happy clapping twats that have diluted the once great atmosphere we used to produce back in NP.

:old: :old: :old:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:21 pm

brickyblue wrote:
The Lad wrote:Really is quite something. I have never seen any fans as split as this, the abuse isn't as bad as some say it is, but bloody hell there is a chasm in the fan base that isn't great to see, even for a cold heartless guy like me. It'll take a long time to heal. They really have planned this, they knew it would be an incredibly divisive issue and I think they want to use it to weed out the unwanted.

weed out the unwanted .You are a small mined person sorry mate weed out the unwanted what you on about

Ive been thinking along the same lines. They took the opportunity to leak it out first too see which individuals supported it and who didn't. I'm sorry to say but the likes of Annis and TLG amongst others were seen to 'show their card' and they were amongst the unwanted. 'If' their focus is about marketing then surely they would want to bin the bad history of the past and how else to do that than to piss off the people who were involved at the time. Like it or not I think the spilt is around the age brackets with more younger supporters supporting the move because they don't know any different than the Championship.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:25 pm

There is also a major divide between every Cardiff fan and Adam Brown.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:27 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:There is also a major divide between every Cardiff fan and Adam Brown.

:lol:

Nah after the support I have had from members after Gwyns outburst I don't think thats true. However it may have been before he made that comment ;)

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:29 pm

Angry Man wrote:
brickyblue wrote:

Ive been thinking along the same lines. They took the opportunity to leak it out first too see which individuals supported it and who didn't. I'm sorry to say but the likes of Annis and TLG amongst others were seen to 'show their card' and they were amongst the unwanted. 'If' their focus is about marketing then surely they would want to bin the bad history of the past and how else to do that than to piss off the people who were involved at the time. Like it or not I think the spilt is around the age brackets with more younger supporters supporting the move because they don't know any different than the Championship.

so who else was unwanted do you have a list ?they dont want to piss anybody off they just want to make money and cardiff city is there new toy to do this even if it means hurting peoples emotional ties with the club.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:36 pm

brickyblue wrote:so who else was unwanted do you have a list ?they dont want to piss anybody off they just want to make money and cardiff city is there new toy to do this even if it means hurting peoples emotional ties with the club.

As I said previously I've just been thinking it. Surely if they wanted to make money from the club then all it would have took was a couple of million for strengthening in January and we would be in the Premier League by now. I would say that there's more hooligan books out these days than books about whats been going on the pitch at the club. So surely if they want to appeal to a whole new market then what best to try to supply a whiter and white football club.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:40 pm

The fans of CCFC have been the victims of a very sucessful propogannda war and it has divided the club.

Unfortunately some will not see it and refuse to belive that the stories they have been told may not be 100% the truth.

The proof is in the pudding as they say lets see what is delivered and how badly the fans are let down by this whole fiasco.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:41 pm

djwayne wrote:The fans of CCFC have been the victims of a very sucessful propogannda war and it has divided the club.

Unfortunately some will not see it and refuse to belive that the stories they have been told may not be 100% the truth.

The proof is in the pudding as they say lets see what is delivered and how badly the fans are let down by this whole fiasco.

Been saying it all along

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:45 pm

Angry Man wrote:
djwayne wrote:The fans of CCFC have been the victims of a very sucessful propogannda war and it has divided the club.

Been saying it all along

This is why anger is beginning to grow.Fans have been duped into thinking that they had no choice but to accept the rebranding. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:47 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Been saying it all along

This is why anger is beginning to grow.Fans have been duped into thinking that they had no choice but to accept the rebranding. :ayatollah:

But still like a dog with a bone some will refuse to accept the possibility they may have ben lied to. I would love to be a salesmean selling to these people would be the easiest commisision i ever made they will believe anything.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:48 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Been saying it all along

and whats worse is that fans were sold that idea by people they would class as good friends

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:54 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Been saying it all along

and whats worse is that fans were sold that idea by people they would class as good friends

I agree but some of us were never fooled from the start. You can see the reaction building today and this will steadily increase.Now that the pro reds no longer have the agrument of red or dead, I think the anger will increase to levels greater than when the proposals were first leaked. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:01 am

Bluebird64 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Been saying it all along

I agree but some of us were never fooled from the start. You can see the reaction building today and this will steadily increase.Now that the pro reds no longer have the agrument of red or dead, I think the anger will increase to levels greater than when the proposals were first leaked. :ayatollah:

I do hope so because the figures dont add up and never have!!! Debt has raisen, lies have been told, colour has been changed, badge has been changed yet in January things could have been all so different if we signed some decent players for the run-in.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:03 am

Bluebird64 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Been saying it all along

Nobody knows how far VT is prepared to be pushed and any OTT demonstrations and or abuse levelled at him, could just as easily push him away, even if it was never his attention to walk away in the first place!

The money he has invested so far, is only pocket money to somebody in his position, as he earned 80 odd million pounds in Facebook shares only a couple of weeks ago and he's going to be getting a lot of income any day soon, from the world's biggest Mall that is son to open up!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:07 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Been saying it all along

Nobody knows how far VT is prepared to be pushed and any OTT demonstrations and or abuse levelled at him, could just as easily push him away, even if it was never his attention to walk away in the first place!

The money he has invested so far, is only pocket money to somebody in his position, as he earned 80 odd million pounds in Facebook shares only a couple of weeks ago and he's going to be getting a lot of income any day soon, from the world's biggest Mall that is son to open up!

It has been stated by a director that he was never going to walk away!!!!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:13 am

lets wait and see i don't think he is here for the long term

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:16 am

Angry Man wrote:It has been stated by a director that he was never going to walk away!!!!

Yes , I know that, but as I said, you can go too far with some people and they can just pull the plug!

VT can afford to just walk away and I don't think that you can be 100% confident that what Alan Whitely said in that respect, won't change if people go OTT!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:18 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:It has been stated by a director that he was never going to walk away!!!!

Yes , I know that, but as I said, you can go too far with some people and they can just pull the plug!

VT can afford to just walk away and I don't think that you can be 100% confident that what Alan Whitely said in that respect, won't change if people go OTT!

Let him try, I am confident that we can continue without VT or even TG for that matter.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:22 am

Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Let him try, I am confident that we can continue without VT or even TG for that matter.

So how the feck can you stop him walking away then?

The club won't be able to survive on your 2-3 visits to the stadium every season and the 2 or 3 hot dogs you'll buy!

In fact I'll bet you even bring your own Sandwiches and drinks to the games!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:25 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

The club won't be able to survive on your 2-3 visits to the stadium every season and the 2 or 3 hot dogs you'll buy!

Your responses are just getting more and more juvenile now. If he is prepared to walk away then let him and it really shows just hopw much interest you take because no matter how many hot dogs I buy none of the profits go to the club because its run by Compass. For heavens sake keep up will you

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:32 am

Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Your responses are just getting more and more juvenile now. If he is prepared to walk away then let him and it really shows just hopw much interest you take because no matter how many hot dogs I buy none of the profits go to the club because its run by Compass. For heavens sake keep up will you

If you think I didn't know about the Compass arrangement then you've mixed me up with somebody else!

But do you think that Compass will stay at Cardiff City if VT was to walk away, especially when we'd be playing League Two football at best and with the attendances down to a couple of thousand as well?

Unless you've got £1.2 million, or you know somebody else who has £1.2 million to pump into the club every month, then it ain't going to happen!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:38 am

yes they will because they are locked into an agreement so no you don't know much about the Compass deal :lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:43 am

Angry Man wrote:yes they will because they are locked into an agreement so no you don't know much about the Compass deal :lol:

So you think this agreement would be enforceable should VT pull out and those particular goal posts moved? :lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:46 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:yes they will because they are locked into an agreement so no you don't know much about the Compass deal :lol:

So you think this agreement would be enforceable should VT pull out and those particular goal posts moved? :lol:

Of course it is because its between the football club and Compass :?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:49 am

Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Of course it is because its between the football club and Compass :?

Can't see the point in speculating on a contract that neither of us have seen, but I'd be shocked if they would be locked into an agreement should things change so drastically, as they could do if VT was to walk away!