Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: PROTEST SATURDAY

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:58 pm

it's going to be nice weather tomorrow! So I'll go to Llandough Village fete to chance my arm on the tombola

Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:42 pm

I'll be protesting :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Lets look at what the protest can succeed in doing

1. The protest has large numbers .

Well firstly the owners could say " to hell with them , let them have their blue shirts"
They could walk away having lost less than they are about to pay out in depts for us so actually that would make good business sense. Then find a club that is happy to have an investment and wear red shirts. Cardiff city administration.

Or mass numbers and all gets out of hand and car windows etc smashed as the idiots get on board, perhaps again owners decide to hell with this, bad publicity and no one wants to come to our club. Cardiff City Administration.

2. Low numbers attend protest.
Again still gets out of hand with idiots joining in, still bad publicity and again outcome could be the same.

Alternative
Allow the first season to go ahead and anylize the situation after the season. Have they delivered the good or not.
Then decide if we need to change back or if we are now playing a team in a division we want.

The survival of Cardiff City FC could be at stake her guys.

Remember the cheapest option for the investers was to walk away and find another club with less dept. Times are hard and many a club would take this offer. They have to have a viable business plan to pay off such huge depts and invest in a future.

At least 2012/2013 season i will be able to watch my team - think about it.
If they pull the plug if you are successful in a protest to turn the investers what then. No investment, Administration, No Cardiff City FC, No Football , what good is your blue shirt then.

A so called win with a protest may indeed end up being the biggest loss you have ever seen this club suffer. Something you may regret for a long time.
Do you think they are going to change their minds and not pull out?
ITS CHEAPER FOR THEM TO WALK THAN PAY OFF OUR DEPTS.
Think about it. They need a way to make money! Will the red shirts do that for them? Who Knows!! But if not its not our problem.
A shirt colour can be changed every season so getting it back in future if it all goes wrong is simple.
let them invest in our club, they will want success as much as that with millions of hard cash put in, lets see if this huge change is going to work. Give it a season

Just think about possible consequences of your actions before you protest.
I can tell you now, having a red shirt will not ruin our club and it can be reversed at any time back to blue
losing investment now will lead to administration, and losing the investers will not be reversable
For those that think another invester is waiting to come in, look again. We are deep still in recession and there are better investments than us out there.

Give it a Season then we reassess the situation.
I hope for the sake of the club i love and support that common sense prevails and protest is called off.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:03 pm

Dreamteam wrote:Lets look at what the protest can succeed in doing

Well firstly the owners could say " to hell with them , let them have their blue shirts"
They could walk away having lost less than they are about to pay out in depts for us so actually that would make good business sense. Then find a club that is happy to have an investment and wear red shirts. Cardiff city administration.

Or mass numbers and all gets out of hand and car windows etc smashed as the idiots get on board, perhaps again owners decide to hell with this, bad publicity and no one wants to come to our club. Cardiff City Administration.

Again still gets out of hand with idiots joining in, still bad publicity and again outcome could be the same.

Alternative
Allow the first season to go ahead and anylize the situation after the season. Have they delivered the good or not.
Then decide if we need to change back or if we are now playing a team in a division we want.

Remember the cheapest option for the investers was to walk away and find another club with less dept. Times are hard and many a club would take this offer. They have to have a viable business plan to pay off such huge depts and invest in a future.

If they pull the plug if you are successful in a protest to turn the investers what then. No investment, Administration, No Cardiff City FC, No Football , what good is your blue shirt then.

A so called win with a protest may indeed end up being the biggest loss you have ever seen this club suffer. Something you may regret for a long time.
Think about it. They need a way to make money! Will the red shirts do that for them? Who Knows!! But if not its not our problem.
A shirt colour can be changed every season so getting it back in future if it all goes wrong is simple.
let them invest in our club, they will want success as much as that with millions of hard cash put in, lets see if this huge change is going to work. Give it a season

I can tell you now, having a red shirt will not ruin our club and it can be reversed at any time back to blue
losing investment now will lead to administration, and losing the investers will not be reversable
For those that think another invester is waiting to come in, look again. We are deep still in recession and there are better investments than us out there.

I hope for the sake of the club i love and support that common sense prevails and protest is called off.

A page full of scaremongering is not going to convince anyone. Another post expecting us to accept everything thrown at us or otherwise face the doomsday scenario. I am sure that you will have no trouble getting a job on any high street parading up and down wearing one of those sandwich boards stating the end of the world in nigh. :lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
Dreamteam wrote:Lets look at what the protest can succeed in doing

Alternative

A page full of scaremongering is not going to convince anyone. Another post expecting us to accept everything thrown at us or otherwise face the doomsday scenario. I am sure that you will have no trouble getting a job on any high street parading up and down wearing one of those sandwich boards stating the end of the world in nigh. :lol:

But isn't it you who is acting like its the end of the world? Most seem quite positive about the future

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:16 pm

Best way to protest don't buy the fooking shirts simples

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:21 pm

But isn't it you who is acting like its the end of the world? Most seem quite positive about the future[/quote]

No because the doomsday scenarios are all from the pro red brigade and have been from the start. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:But isn't it you who is acting like its the end of the world? Most seem quite positive about the future

No because the doomsday scenarios are all from the pro red brigade and have been from the start. :ayatollah:[/quote]

Dont you see there is no doomsday scenario now the decision has been made, unless of course they decide to pull out due to protesting fans. What you are referring to is in the past,In fact never happened and so is irrelevant to our future. Move on.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:47 pm

LMAO ... Bluebird gets his kicks from wind-ups and you're all biting. Most of these posts are absolute tosh principally because people like Bluebird don't actually get 'it' ... whatever it is he just bumps his gums to wind everyone else up and gets off on being controversial.
Bluebird, I think you have got plenty of fodder to keep you busy here fella .... pity it's not constructive or informed .... but it is funny how you get them to bite.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:52 pm

If anyone goes to the protest take some pics or something :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:55 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:But isn't it you who is acting like its the end of the world? Most seem quite positive about the future

No because the doomsday scenarios are all from the pro red brigade and have been from the start. :ayatollah:

Dont you see there is no doomsday scenario now the decision has been made, unless of course they decide to pull out due to protesting fans. What you are referring to is in the past,In fact never happened and so is irrelevant to our future. Move on.[/quote]

IM NOT PRO RED
However be realistic
Answer these questions they are not scaremongering
What would happen if the investers walked?
Administration likely ? yes or no

Would it make sense to walk ?
They have not put in yet anything like the money they are about to pay in for a dept before they came here.
Lets face it 30 - 40 million on dept good investment?
I can think of better

What is worst thing can happen if we wear red?

Could we return to blue at anytime?
Of course we can, if investers pull out in future ( sell up) we can return to blue or if their marketing strategy fails

We are in dept factWe are about to be bailed out fact
Wearing red will bring millions to club -fact

Malaysians and far east supporters will buy our kit bringing millions in sales? undecided !!!

Its not scaremongering its a very real situation
Although maybe those thinking that wearing a different colour shirt will be the end of Cardiff City - are scaremongering.
Its not the end its a new chapter
Right now our best option is to try it for a season

I hate changes like this, but i have the foresight to why he wants it and what might happen if we rebel against it.
I really hope its not a " i told you so" in a few weeks.
If i was a business man with 70 million to invest i could think of many investments with better returns than what they are investing in.

All i ask is you risk assess any protest and the consequences
I know that wearing red although annoying will not effect team, will bring in players with investment, elliminate our depts and continue our club into a bright future.
I know a protest could cause , owners to walk, administration, and uncertain future.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:58 pm

If they feel the need to protest then good luck to them but i wonder if all those on here doing the most mouthing off and using threats will turn up well see

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:04 pm

You lot carried a coffin the last time what you carrying this time
a cheque for 100 million with nohanks on it :old:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:04 pm

[quote="Dreamteam]Would it make sense to walk ?
They have not put in yet anything like the money they are about to pay in for a dept before they came here.
I can think of better

[/quote]

Just to be absolutely clear they have been funding the club for more than 12 months to the tune of more than £1m per month. Whilst they may not have put in anywhere like what has been committed, they have put in more than £15m. That is significantly more than any one single Bluebirds supporter no matter how long they have been a season ticket holder. In fact it is almost twice as much as total season ticket receipts in one year.

Simple concept .... the guy who pays the piper calls the tune!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Dreamteam wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Dont you see there is no doomsday scenario now the decision has been made, unless of course they decide to pull out due to protesting fans. What you are referring to is in the past,In fact never happened and so is irrelevant to our future. Move on.

IM NOT PRO RED
However be realistic
Answer these questions they are not scaremongering
What would happen if the investers walked?
Administration likely ? yes or no

Would it make sense to walk ?
I can think of better

What is worst thing can happen if we wear red?

Could we return to blue at anytime?
Of course we can, if investers pull out in future ( sell up) we can return to blue or if their marketing strategy fails

We are in dept factWe are about to be bailed out fact
Wearing red will bring millions to club -fact

Malaysians and far east supporters will buy our kit bringing millions in sales? undecided !!!

Its not scaremongering its a very real situation
Although maybe those thinking that wearing a different colour shirt will be the end of Cardiff City - are scaremongering.
Its not the end its a new chapter
Right now our best option is to try it for a season

I hate changes like this, but i have the foresight to why he wants it and what might happen if we rebel against it.
I really hope its not a " i told you so" in a few weeks.
If i was a business man with 70 million to invest i could think of many investments with better returns than what they are investing in.

All i ask is you risk assess any protest and the consequences
I know that wearing red although annoying will not effect team, will bring in players with investment, elliminate our depts and continue our club into a bright future.
I know a protest could cause , owners to walk, administration, and uncertain future.[/quote]

Like I said, why take a page to scaremonger when it has now lost its effectiveness.We can protest or all take the same view as you and bite the pillow with arse up in the air. I choose to protest. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:08 pm

there will be no one in the stadium and the malaysians live in malaysia so they be prtesting against what

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:09 pm

Going red :lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:12 pm

thomas9990 wrote:there will be no one in the stadium and the malaysians live in malaysia so they be prtesting against what

We could always organise a protest against City supporters who are illiterate. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:46 pm

If you going to protest do it 1st home game of the season :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Always Blue wrote:If you going to protest do it 1st home game of the season :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good idea but too little too late. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Horace wrote:[quote="Dreamteam]Would it make sense to walk ?
I can think of better

[/quote]

Just to be absolutely clear they have been funding the club for more than 12 months to the tune of more than £1m per month. Whilst they may not have put in anywhere like what has been committed, they have put in more than £15m. That is significantly more than any one single Bluebirds supporter no matter how long they have been a season ticket holder. In fact it is almost twice as much as total season ticket receipts in one year.

Simple concept .... the guy who pays the piper calls the tune![/quote]

I know that, but walking away losing 15 million is easier than plowing in another 70m on top half of which is to clear a dept from before they came.
They could walk away writing off 15m and starting again.
Lucky for us they chose to stay and put our depts to bed - commitment !!!
How many fans say they are committed yet these guys put their money where their mouths is.

Lets give them a chance

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:32 pm

Bluebird64
" Like I said, why take a page to scaremonger when it has now lost its effectiveness.We can protest or all take the same view as you and bite the pillow with arse up in the air. I choose to protest. "

Problem with some people is they have no perspective, everything is their way or high way and they have as much idea about viable business dealings as a goldfish !!

Bite the pillow .... your one cheeky tw*t, its about giving it a trial and seeing if we get better results or if we after a season take constructive action to reverse the change.
Unless your a thick as the antartic ice shelf, surely even you realise that this is not something that can never be reversed, next season or in a decade, if needed.

Im not going to try to educate you, there is no point. It seems that your beyond the reems of retaining any information and compiling it into a constructive decision.
You do what you think is best for your football club, if you feel protests are the way forward without letting investers who are putting up huge financial sums of cash into our club, have a go at making changes to make it finacially viable, then you do it.

You could also pop down the M4 and buy a white shirt for your protest.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:30 pm

Dreamteam wrote:Bluebird64
" Like I said, why take a page to scaremonger when it has now lost its effectiveness.We can protest or all take the same view as you and bite the pillow with arse up in the air. I choose to protest. "

Problem with some people is they have no perspective, everything is their way or high way and they have as much idea about viable business dealings as a goldfish !!

Bite the pillow .... your one cheeky tw*t, its about giving it a trial and seeing if we get better results or if we after a season take constructive action to reverse the change.
Unless your a thick as the antartic ice shelf, surely even you realise that this is not something that can never be reversed, next season or in a decade, if needed.

Im not going to try to educate you, there is no point. It seems that your beyond the reems of retaining any information and compiling it into a constructive decision.
You do what you think is best for your football club, if you feel protests are the way forward without letting investers who are putting up huge financial sums of cash into our club, have a go at making changes to make it finacially viable, then you do it.

Nice to see that you are changing from a scaremonger to my teacher now. :lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:35 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
Dreamteam wrote:Bluebird64

Nice to see that you are changing from a scaremonger to my teacher now. :lol:

No your a lost cause. In that respect a white shirt might suit you lol

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:36 pm

wont get 500 there.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:37 pm

cakey-8t7 wrote:f*cking Dweebs protesting what an embarrassment

f*cking dweebs letting us get bummed by lying cunts, what an embarrassment

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:56 pm

Protests are such an embarassment. All clubs will look at us like idiots.
Protests at a game is even worse. Our players wear our shirt with pride and they have to listen to a majority of fans protesting because thats what they deserve. Players dont deserve it.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:58 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Protests are such an embarassment. All clubs will look at us like idiots.
Protests at a game is even worse. Our players wear our shirt with pride and they have to listen to a majority of fans protesting because thats what they deserve. Players dont deserve it.

Spot on.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:09 pm

Protests in my eyes dont even show Passion because the way I saw our last one it was beyond failure.
People are forgetting the players who play for us? They are willing to play for us in the colours and the effort I saw last year was beyond incredible. For the board and Maylasians they are happy and postive about the Rebrand obviously and the players are going to put on the shirt and WILL play in the shirt with pride as always. Nothing changes with our players.
After last season the players deserve our support and I hope we go up with this team because I never seen such a great bunch of Professional players who play together and they all get along of the pitch. You only have to look on twitter to see they are all talking to eachother about their holidays. It be such a shame to see fans boycot games because after last season no matter what the change we should support the boys who play in the shirt and show them how much we love the club.
No disrepect the fans who are against the changes but think about the players who put a 110% in for us week in week out.
If we played the carling cup final truthully I wouldnt care what colour we are in but the fact the name of Cardiff City Fc are involved and everyone knows the name. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:25 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:wont get 500 there.

I'd be impressed if they get 50