Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: PROTEST SATURDAY

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:24 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
djwayne wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:djwayne when did I make myself look stupid? You said if you don't agree with the Malaysians stance then your opinion isn't valid, then I said I never said I don't agree with them. Unless you think I want the Malaysians out which I don't. I'm lost and you've confused me big time now :lol:

read the post again SLOWLY :)

f*cking hell how many more times, hang on then :lol: :lol: :lol:

I HAVE FINALLY GOT IT

I did not see the IF in your reply :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:25 pm

In malky we trust. How many said that. Well he has put his career on this. Staying with the club fully committed. So trust him. Something must be looking good for him to be so committed.
THEN YOU HAVE THOSE FANS THAT SAY IM A CARDIFF FAN THROUGH THE GOOD TIMES AND BAD. To some this may be one of those dark times in the clubs history. But it might be the highlight of the clubs history too. Either way i will be there. I will say to my grandkids i remember the day we went from blue to red. May be one day we will go back to blue. MAy be it will all kick off like this when it happens. Its time to say okay you got your red shirt now give us the goods. Take ccfc to premiership. As for season ticket refunds i hope those that enjoyed wembley have a deduction from any refund. Are these same fans that called others plastics. my son is 3years old i said what now we are in red. HE said ... redbirds redbirds. lmao. He is only 3. Now is not the time to throw toys out of the pram. PLaying in red feels wrong to me, but i am willing to give it a season and see if they deliver. I am a cardiff fan. and i will stick with my team through the good and bad as i always have. There is a choice thou. and we have a neighbouring team in wales you can always go and support. I rather be a red than a jack.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:25 pm

djwayne wrote:Am only replying as I think everyone is entitled to an opinion whether they are pro change or not and it seems from the forum if in the last few days if you dont agree with the malaysians stance your opinion is not valid and I dont agree with that.

There y go just in case scrolling back is too much trouble for you ;)

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Then once the Malaysians walk the protesters will have enough to say.

The thing is Rhys, a lot of people changed (as you say) from being against to being in favour of the proposals, purely on the basis of factual inaccuracies that the Malaysians were going to leave - something the club have unreservedly denied would happen since Wednesday. And a few also turned on the basis that we as a club would get £100milion - again, that figure seems to have shrunk :([/quote]

Spot on. I did note however that it is only now that Alan Whiteley has come out and said the Malaysians did not plan to walk away which is convienient now the plans have been passed. Surely Alan knew last week that the stories about the Malaysians walking away were false and should have come out and scorched the rumours then.Now that fans are realising the truth and that they have been duped into accepting the proposals based on a falsehood is probably the reason why anger is building. This anger will grow and grow and will not ease just because a few pro reds are still trying to frighten us. :ayatollah:[/quote]

Why can't we all just wait and see how it unfolds and then we can debate with the facts. Squad strengthening will happen very soon and at least that will be an indication of the intention going forward.[/quote]
What about the important part...that they knowingly misled fans about something, either by the themselves providing inaccurate details in the meetings, or by failing to scorch any rumours of a Malaysian exodus in the days that passed?[/quote]

I believe the future would have been rocky for us without this deal. Probably reduced budgets, hence player quality and ultimately relegation. Hopefully we will never know now. It's all politics like most businesses and what is being said now may well be a watered down version of what really would have happened. No point sparking up people's fears unnecessarily now the decision has been made. Onwards and upwards[/quote]

You say there is no point in sparking up people's fears yet you state "I believe the future would have been rocky for us without this deal. Probably reduced budgets, hence player quality and ultimately relegation". :lol:[/quote]

Yes because it's after the decision has been taken you fool. You can't spark fears when it's not even an option now.[/quote]

Stop scaremongering because we all now know they were never going to walk.These scare tactics are no longer effective.If you cannot convince fans with arguments alone then its no good trying to scare them especially as its all a lie. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:26 pm

djwayne wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:
djwayne wrote:If they want to protest let them everyone is entitled to their opinion though you wouldnt believe that judging by some of the comments on here.

The malaysians are not made of glass a bit of objection to their proposals aint gonna drive them away so get over it some of the scare mongering bullshit on here sickens me.

Seems the reds can have their opinions but the pro blues can't as it might offend the investors and frighten them away, do me a favour and get a life.

This plan was never gonna please everyone but please allow people their opinions without posting bullshit threats of the investors pulling out etc its getting boring.

If you don't like it, it's easier to ignore than spend time replying to it.

Am only replying as I think everyone is entitled to an opinion whether they are pro change or not and it seems from the forum IF in the last few days if you dont agree with the malaysians stance your opinion is not valid and I dont agree with that.

That is what I didn't see, my apologies :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:28 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
djwayne wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:
djwayne wrote:If they want to protest let them everyone is entitled to their opinion though you wouldnt believe that judging by some of the comments on here.

The malaysians are not made of glass a bit of objection to their proposals aint gonna drive them away so get over it some of the scare mongering bullshit on here sickens me.

Seems the reds can have their opinions but the pro blues can't as it might offend the investors and frighten them away, do me a favour and get a life.

This plan was never gonna please everyone but please allow people their opinions without posting bullshit threats of the investors pulling out etc its getting boring.

Am only replying as I think everyone is entitled to an opinion whether they are pro change or not and it seems from the forum IF in the last few days if you dont agree with the malaysians stance your opinion is not valid and I dont agree with that.

No problems mate easy to miss stuff when reading too quickly , realised you had hence my posts :)

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:29 pm

djwayne wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:
djwayne wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

No problems mate easy to miss stuff when reading too quickly , realised you had hence my posts :)

Read it about 5 times after you told me to but finally got there on the 6th ;) :lol:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:30 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
djwayne wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:
djwayne wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

Read it about 5 times after you told me to but finally got there on the 6th ;) :lol:

Was starting to wonder if you went to glyn derw like me lol :D

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:32 pm

I'm not going to protest I just put it up to see if anyone was going to on this forum :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:32 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Then once the Malaysians walk the protesters will have enough to say.

The thing is Rhys, a lot of people changed (as you say) from being against to being in favour of the proposals, purely on the basis of factual inaccuracies that the Malaysians were going to leave - something the club have unreservedly denied would happen since Wednesday. And a few also turned on the basis that we as a club would get £100milion - again, that figure seems to have shrunk :(

Spot on. I did note however that it is only now that Alan Whiteley has come out and said the Malaysians did not plan to walk away which is convienient now the plans have been passed. Surely Alan knew last week that the stories about the Malaysians walking away were false and should have come out and scorched the rumours then.Now that fans are realising the truth and that they have been duped into accepting the proposals based on a falsehood is probably the reason why anger is building. This anger will grow and grow and will not ease just because a few pro reds are still trying to frighten us. :ayatollah:[/quote]

Why can't we all just wait and see how it unfolds and then we can debate with the facts. Squad strengthening will happen very soon and at least that will be an indication of the intention going forward.[/quote]
What about the important part...that they knowingly misled fans about something, either by the themselves providing inaccurate details in the meetings, or by failing to scorch any rumours of a Malaysian exodus in the days that passed?[/quote]

I believe the future would have been rocky for us without this deal. Probably reduced budgets, hence player quality and ultimately relegation. Hopefully we will never know now. It's all politics like most businesses and what is being said now may well be a watered down version of what really would have happened. No point sparking up people's fears unnecessarily now the decision has been made. Onwards and upwards[/quote]

You say there is no point in sparking up people's fears yet you state "I believe the future would have been rocky for us without this deal. Probably reduced budgets, hence player quality and ultimately relegation". :lol:[/quote]

Yes because it's after the decision has been taken you fool. You can't spark fears when it's not even an option now.[/quote]

Stop scaremongering because we all now know they were never going to walk.These scare tactics are no longer effective.If you cannot convince fans with arguments alone then its no good trying to scare them especially as its all a lie. :ayatollah:[/quote]

Ok first point that quote of the Malaysians walking is not from me so be careful with your editing

Secondly how can it be scaremongering when it's no longer an option? In case you missed it the decision has been made so we will never know what the alternative future would have looked like. Chill.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:43 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

The thing is Rhys, a lot of people changed (as you say) from being against to being in favour of the proposals, purely on the basis of factual inaccuracies that the Malaysians were going to leave - something the club have unreservedly denied would happen since Wednesday. And a few also turned on the basis that we as a club would get £100milion - again, that figure seems to have shrunk :(

Spot on. I did note however that it is only now that Alan Whiteley has come out and said the Malaysians did not plan to walk away which is convienient now the plans have been passed. Surely Alan knew last week that the stories about the Malaysians walking away were false and should have come out and scorched the rumours then.Now that fans are realising the truth and that they have been duped into accepting the proposals based on a falsehood is probably the reason why anger is building. This anger will grow and grow and will not ease just because a few pro reds are still trying to frighten us. :ayatollah:

Stop scaremongering because we all now know they were never going to walk.These scare tactics are no longer effective.If you cannot convince fans with arguments alone then its no good trying to scare them especially as its all a lie. :ayatollah:[/quote]

Ok first point that quote of the Malaysians walking is not from me so be careful with your editing

Secondly how can it be scaremongering when it's no longer an option? In case you missed it the decision has been made so we
will never know what the alternative future would have looked like. Chill.[/quote]

Firstly I have not edited anything and just pressed the quote button so please to not tell me to be careful with my editing. The Malaysians will walk away and we will be in administaration argument is now well and truly busted so anyone now posting this is scaremongering. Fans were being told that they had no choice but to accept the rebranding otherwise the Malaysians would walk away.This left them in a position to reluctantly accept the rebranding or die. Now that this is not the case, fans realise that they have been duped and anger is beginning to grow. This anger is not going to be stopped by pro red fans spouting further doomsday scenarios. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:56 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Spot on. I did note however that it is only now that Alan Whiteley has come out and said the Malaysians did not plan to walk away which is convienient now the plans have been passed. Surely Alan knew last week that the stories about the Malaysians walking away were false and should have come out and scorched the rumours then.Now that fans are realising the truth and that they have been duped into accepting the proposals based on a falsehood is probably the reason why anger is building. This anger will grow and grow and will not ease just because a few pro reds are still trying to frighten us. :ayatollah:

Why can't we all just wait and see how it unfolds and then we can debate with the facts. Squad strengthening will happen very soon and at least that will be an indication of the intention going forward.

Secondly how can it be scaremongering when it's no longer an option? In case you missed it the decision has been made so we
will never know what the alternative future would have looked like. Chill.[/quote]

Firstly I have not edited anything and just pressed the quote button so please to not tell me to be careful with my editing. The Malaysians will walk away and we will be in administaration argument is now well and truly busted so anyone now posting this is scaremongering. Fans were being told that they had no choice but to accept the rebranding otherwise the Malaysians would walk away.This left them in a position to reluctantly accept the rebranding or die. Now that this is not the case, fans realise that they have been duped and anger is beginning to grow. This anger is not going to be stopped by pro red fans spouting further doomsday scenarios. :ayatollah:[/quote]

The quote was not mine and your post is your responsibility so if I'm being misquoted I'll tell you to be careful. Now let's assume they would have walked, do you honestly think they would come out now and say "phew that's a relief cos we were going to sod off and leave you die"? Of course not. It's good PR / politics to say the right things. Now don't get me wrong it may well be that they wouldn't have walked, but please don't be so naive as to think that they may have put a bit of spin on things. It's what happens in business and the way the world turns.

Oh and now who's scaremongering with your anger is beginning to grow line?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:08 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Why can't we all just wait and see how it unfolds and then we can debate with the facts. Squad strengthening will happen very soon and at least that will be an indication of the intention going forward.

What about the important part...that they knowingly misled fans about something, either by the themselves providing inaccurate details in the meetings, or by failing to scorch any rumours of a Malaysian exodus in the days that passed?

Firstly I have not edited anything and just pressed the quote button so please to not tell me to be careful with my editing. The Malaysians will walk away and we will be in administaration argument is now well and truly busted so anyone now posting this is scaremongering. Fans were being told that they had no choice but to accept the rebranding otherwise the Malaysians would walk away.This left them in a position to reluctantly accept the rebranding or die. Now that this is not the case, fans realise that they have been duped and anger is beginning to grow. This anger is not going to be stopped by pro red fans spouting further doomsday scenarios. :ayatollah:[/quote]

The quote was not mine and your post is your responsibility so if I'm being misquoted I'll tell you to be careful. Now let's assume they would have walked, do you honestly think they would come out now and say "phew that's a relief cos we were going to sod off and leave you die"? Of course not. It's good PR / politics to say the right things. Now don't get me wrong it may well be that they wouldn't have walked, but please don't be so naive as to think that they may have put a bit of spin on things. It's what happens in business and the way the world turns.

Oh and now who's scaremongering with your anger is beginning to grow line?[/quote]

Saying anger is beginning to grow is hardly scaremongering compared to telling lies that the Malaysians will leave if we dont accept rebranding.I still do not know what you are on about with the editing because I only hit the quote button but if someone else has misquoted you then you should have taken the issue up with them at the time.Finally I am not blaming the Malaysians for putting out spin because it was our own fans leaders and fans that were painting the doomsday scenarios.Its no good replying that it may well be that the Malaysians wouldn't have walked because the club has stated that they had no intention of doing so so accept it. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:14 am

Bluebird64 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

What about the important part...that they knowingly misled fans about something, either by the themselves providing inaccurate details in the meetings, or by failing to scorch any rumours of a Malaysian exodus in the days that passed?

I believe the future would have been rocky for us without this deal. Probably reduced budgets, hence player quality and ultimately relegation. Hopefully we will never know now. It's all politics like most businesses and what is being said now may well be a watered down version of what really would have happened. No point sparking up people's fears unnecessarily now the decision has been made. Onwards and upwards

Oh and now who's scaremongering with your anger is beginning to grow line?[/quote]

Saying anger is beginning to grow is hardly scaremongering compared to telling lies that the Malaysians will leave if we dont accept rebranding.I still do not know what you are on about with the editing because I only hit the quote button but if someone else has misquoted you then you should have taken the issue up with them at the time.Finally I am not blaming the Malaysians for putting out spin because it was our own fans leaders and fansthat were painting the doomsday scenarios.Its no good replying that it may well be that the Malaysians wouldn't have walked because the club has stated that they had no intention of doing so so accept it. :ayatollah:[/quote]

Forget the misquote thing I'm not bothered. My point was that do you think the club would have come out and said they would have walked? I doubt it as it would have sent the wrong signal. Now either story may be true but I don't think it's as cut and dried as you make out.

Besides if they had stayed, don't you think they would have looked to balance the books by making cuts or do you think they would still carry on with all the investment as they are doing now? Genuine question.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:17 am

No I think that they would have brought in more investors like they stated. More investors on the board may have lead to a more blanced view which is better than giving one man all the power to do as he wishes. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:25 am

Bluebird64 wrote:No I think that they would have brought in more investors like they stated. More investors on the board may have lead to a more blanced view which is better than giving one man all the power to do as he wishes. :ayatollah:

Nothing wrong with the theory but how many investors are out there looking for a club like ours with all it's debt. Where's the return for them? I don't think it's as easy as that I'm afraid

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:33 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:No I think that they would have brought in more investors like they stated. More investors on the board may have lead to a more blanced view which is better than giving one man all the power to do as he wishes. :ayatollah:

Nothing wrong with the theory but how many investors are out there looking for a club like ours with all it's debt. Where's the return for them? I don't think it's as easy as that I'm afraid

I have never thought that finding investors was easy and agree that it might be difficult. We must also remember that although the debt is substantial, it has nearly tripled since the Malaysians have been on board so they must pay their share of the incease that they are responsibe for. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:51 am

Bluebird64 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

I have never thought that finding investors was easy and agree that it might be difficult. We must also remember that although the debt is substantial, it has nearly tripled since the Malaysians have been on board so they must pay their share of the incease that they are responsibe for. :ayatollah:

Difficult coud be an understatement especially in this climate but it's not a worry for now anyway. Agree with the next bit and think the debt to equity move will be huge for us and can't come soon enough. But we are talking serious money and things don't happen overnight. Patience required by all. Keep the faith.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:51 am

Haha what a joke NOT everyone was against the rebranding this is just your assumption even in the light of the various survey's puplished showing the majority are in one respect or another game for the rebranding and more and more are coming around to the Safety of our Club being finally settled maybe the red brigade should protest in favour of the rebranding just to show how much your tiny group of antagonists protest are .

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:15 am

If you're going to protest, go ahead and do it. Just make sure of two things, you FULLY understand the reasons for the change andnthat you know the financial fair play rules inside and out. If you do and you still want to protest, go ahead, just make sure that you you know how much more detrimental this would be to the club than the rebranding itself.

Also, if you are standing at the protest and you look around and there's about 50 of you with the average age around 18...make sure that you know that the club and a lot of fans will be laughing at you! Either make sure it's a full blown protest like the one we saw against Ridsdale or don't do it all

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:22 am

Bluebird99 wrote:If you're going to protest, go ahead and do it. Just make sure of two things, you FULLY understand the reasons for the change andnthat you know the financial fair play rules inside and out. If you do and you still want to protest, go ahead, just make sure that you you know how much more detrimental this would be to the club than the rebranding itself.

Also, if you are standing at the protest and you look around and there's about 50 of you with the average age around 18...make sure that you know that the club and a lot of fans will be laughing at you! Either make sure it's a full blown protest like the one we saw against Ridsdale or don't do it all

Thanks for the advice but not all fans have been brainwashed by propaganda.Like it or not, fans are now realising that they have been duped and the movement is growing. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:44 am

109 people? WOW :roll:

Got 900 in a day when I organised the last fucker :lol:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:46 am

idiots.......that is all

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:56 am

I just hope that all the protesters then get on a train and go and get their season tickets at swansea. Either your a City fan and support your team through the good times and the hard or your a Jack.
If rebranding does not work (if if if) then how hard is it to return to blue shirts the next season or anytime in the future?
#Easy . Now lets see our investers put their money in and support Malky, and us support our team. These stupid protests may stop a class player signing for us. is that what you want?
We are still Cardiff City FC. We still have the bluebird on the badge. Still in blue away.
Hell last season we played away in the colour of our main rivals.

Swansea just lost their manager, they are likely to move in wrong direction this season relegation.
We just secured financial future. We retained our manager along with player investment funds.
We are looking at a strong challenge for promotion this year.
We were a hairs breath from administration and any one with any sense could see that, 70 million on top of whats been spent already. Come on thats huge for our club. Its funny how we all jump on this change, when the corruption that went on just a few years has been forgotten.
Lets make it really clear - Previous owners lined their own pockets, money owed was paid to THEIR company. So they paid their company and built up a dept with the club - THEY GET PAID TWICE.
Now these investers come in, offer to clear up that mess and invest further.
Im not a fan of a red shirt instead of blue. I am a fan of Cardiff City thou. I will be there making noise for my team. Remember those that say been there in the good times and bad? Well maybe we are about to enter an amazing period for CCFC.
I ask all those with half a brain not to protest now. You will do more harm to our club than any red shirt will. Give the team a chance to build over the summer, see what investment comes in. Watch our performance next season then decide if red was worth it.
That gives one season in red shirt. Then decide if it worked.
If you wanted a predictable team you would have been a Man U fan for the last decade, you have not done that you took the passion of being a Cardiff Fan. The highs have been great and the low's so low. But thats what life for a true Cardiff fan has always been.
I truely hope people give this a year and see what happens without making a kneejerk reaction that is unhelpful to the club we are so passionate about.
I do understand the passion against change. but we as real fans need to give change a chance, it may be the change that takes this club to a new level.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:20 pm

I wish us to stay in blue and a peaceful protest is completely in order.

Best case scenario? an orderly expression of dissappointment in regard to the change in home colours.

The worst case scenario? it will be "hijacked" (a fitting word) by "kids" looking for a ruck, "rent an anarchist" looking for any excuse to cause mayhem and anyone who feels they miss the "good old days" when the definition of a good game was how many kicks the "firm" got in, not the players! and yes I was there as we say.

The net result of the worst case will be reflected in the way that ALL Bluebirds fans will be regarded and treated in future. All will be tarred with this brush, if we like it or not this will be the view of all of us.

I hope for the best, but fear for the worst.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:24 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
Bluebird99 wrote:If you're going to protest, go ahead and do it. Just make sure of two things, you FULLY understand the reasons for the change andnthat you know the financial fair play rules inside and out. If you do and you still want to protest, go ahead, just make sure that you you know how much more detrimental this would be to the club than the rebranding itself.

Thanks for the advice but not all fans have been brainwashed by propaganda.Like it or not, fans are now realising that they have been duped and the movement is growing. :ayatollah:

"movement" this isn't the Rosa Parkes incidident lol (feel free to look it up)

If only I had realised too that we were living in 1975 south Africa

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:26 pm

norfolkblue wrote:I wish us to stay in blue and a peaceful protest is completely in order.

Best case scenario? an orderly expression of dissappointment in regard to the change in home colours.

The worst case scenario? it will be "hijacked" (a fitting word) by "kids" looking for a ruck, "rent an anarchist" looking for any excuse to cause mayhem and anyone who feels they miss the "good old days" when the definition of a good game was how many kicks the "firm" got in, not the players! and yes I was there as we say.

The net result of the worst case will be reflected in the way that ALL Bluebirds fans will be regarded and treated in future. All will be tarred with this brush, if we like it or not this will be the view of all of us.

I hope for the best, but fear for the worst.

A disorganised protest is better than none at all but there is no need to panic in relation to protesting because the anti rebranding campaign is growing and there is plenty of time left before the season starts. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:35 pm

109 going so far...another 23 THOUSAND NEEDED... :roll:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:43 pm

I have no problem with anyone who wants to protest although I'm not taking part.

As a bit of advice if the protesters really want to get their point accross then they need numbers and the march/protest properly organised and civil.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:46 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I have no problem with anyone who wants to protest although I'm not taking part.

As a bit of advice if the protesters really want to get their point accross then they need numbers and the march/protest properly organised and civil.

Agree Tony, there is no need for a hasty protest as there is plenty of time to organise a proper one. :ayatollah: