Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just been invited to a protest taking place this Saturday

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:20 pm

For everyone who's against the changes and wants to stand up for our identity, a protest will be taking place this Saturday. The plan is for us all to wear blue and march from Cardiff Central Station to the CCS at 3.00pm. Link is here: http://www.facebook.com/events/18506611 ... lines/?not if_t=plan_user_removed

Re: Just been invited to a protest taking place this Saturday

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:43 pm

Just realised the link didn't paste properly for some reason. Here it is again: http://www.facebook.com/events/185066111621091/

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:50 pm

Itv mentioned this an laughed saying who will see it on a weekend

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Surely it would be better to do it when the Malaysians would actually be in the country?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:55 pm

Pointless. Its happening as much as I hate the idea a protest is pointless.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:57 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:For everyone who's against the changes and wants to stand up for our identity, a protest will be taking place this Saturday. The plan is for us all to wear blue and march from Cardiff Central Station to the CCS at 3.00pm. Link is here: http://www.facebook.com/events/18506611 ... lines/?not if_t=plan_user_removed

The fact that it has been arranged on 'sadbook' speaks volumes...............I think I'll arrange a protest to protest against the geeky sadbook mob.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:For everyone who's against the changes and wants to stand up for our identity, a protest will be taking place this Saturday. The plan is for us all to wear blue and march from Cardiff Central Station to the CCS at 3.00pm. Link is here: http://www.facebook.com/events/18506611 ... lines/?not if_t=plan_user_removed

The fact that it has been arranged on 'sadbook' speaks volumes...............I think I'll arrange a protest to protest against the geeky sadbook mob.

Your missus probably arranges 'meets' with other guys on there

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:03 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:Surely it would be better to do it when the Malaysians would actually be in the country?

The Malaysians would be informed or see it on the news if the protest goes well. News of events does get around and a successful first protest could then grow into a bigger, even more successful second protest and continue growing week by week. Just thought I would pass this info on to see what the reaction would be. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:06 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:Surely it would be better to do it when the Malaysians would actually be in the country?

The Malaysians would be informed or see it on the news if the protest goes well. News of events does get around and a successful first protest could then grow into a bigger, even more successful second protest and continue growing week by week. Just thought I would pass this info on to see what the reaction would be. :ayatollah:

Hmm true but a protest that looks to get a 100 people for saturday isnt going to go far to be honest

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:06 pm

What - protest against what a majority of our fans actually want - either reluctantly or not, there are still a majority for the changes and the investment.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:33 pm

Die Walkure wrote:What - protest against what a majority of our fans actually want - either reluctantly or not, there are still a majority for the changes and the investment.

the majority are for the investment as i am because it was put over by some it was that or go bust
i want us to go back to blue however i am going to wait and see what our honorable owners are going to do next
i hope there will be a pot of money available to malky this summer so we can make push
if we do it and they keep on investing i will hold my hands up and say i was wrong and these gentlemen were the best thing to happen to OUR club

BUT I HAVE MY DOUBTS
hope im wrong
BLUEBIRDS

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:57 pm

Die Walkure wrote:What - protest against what a majority of our fans actually want - either reluctantly or not, there are still a majority for the changes and the investment.

The majority of fans were duped into thinking that the Malaysians would pull out or walk away. Alan Whiteley has now told us otherwise.Fans are now questioning the whole rebranding again. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:58 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:

the majority are for the investment as i am because it was put over by some it was that or go bust
i want us to go back to blue however i am going to wait and see what our honorable owners are going to do next
i hope there will be a pot of money available to malky this summer so we can make push
if we do it and they keep on investing i will hold my hands up and say i was wrong and these gentlemen were the best thing to happen to OUR club

BUT I HAVE MY DOUBTS
hope im wrong
BLUEBIRDS

Yes, that's a fair enough approach Maesteg Blue, and I support them (and always have done), but I accept that they do now have to deliver ..........(and I firmly believe they will :ayatollah: )

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:00 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

The majority of fans were duped into thinking that the Malaysians would pull out or walk away. Alan Whiteley has now told us otherwise.Fans are now questioning the whole rebranding again. :ayatollah:

I didn't read it like that....I read it as they may well have looked to get other investors in and possibly move on if the rebranding hadn't gone ahead - which I firmly believe would have been a disaster for our club.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:01 pm

Die Walkure wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:

BUT I HAVE MY DOUBTS
hope im wrong
BLUEBIRDS

Yes, that's a fair enough approach Maesteg Blue, and I support them (and always have done), but I accept that they do now have to deliver ..........(and I firmly believe they will :ayatollah: )

hope so :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:04 pm

hOPE YOU ALL TAKE YOUR PROLLYS,PATHETIC

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:08 pm

earnieblue wrote:hOPE YOU ALL TAKE YOUR PROLLYS,P THETIC

Whats a 'Prolly' :?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:10 pm

CP76 wrote:
earnieblue wrote:hOPE YOU ALL TAKE YOUR PROLLYS,P THETIC

Whats a 'Prolly' :?

Its a Ponty version of a brolly. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Just to explain this post a bit more :

I am worried that the media might give the impression that the majority of fans feel this way, when all the polls that have been done (admittedly non scientifically) show a probable majority in favour of the changes (I accept though almost certainly because they fear the alternative could be liquidation).

I may however have given the wrong impression in my initial post here that as I believe it to be a minority view, people shouldn't protest, and I don't think that - I accept people have the democratic right to protest.