Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Can we learn a lesson from the fans of the Blues..?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:46 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:The fairest way to have done all this was to ask the season ticket holders then we would know the full response by the fans

I disagree, I've been a season ticket holder for 11 years, and to be honest other than securing my seat I don't think I'm more special than the fans who pay on the gate every week.

I still think as a club we need to be much smarter in the way things get communicated.

Spend sometime with a top premiership club, see how they do things, I'm sure most clubs get things wrong but we make errors all the time.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:49 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:The fairest way to have done all this was to ask the season ticket holders then we would know the full response by the fans

I disagree, I've been a season ticket holder for 11 years, and to be honest other than securing my seat I don't think I'm more special than the fans who pay on the gate every week.

I still think as a club we need to be much smarter in the way things get communicated.

Spend sometime with a top premiership club, see how they do things, I'm sure most clubs get things wrong but we make errors all the time.

Except for the fact WE as season ticket holders have put our money upfront which others havent therefore we deserve to have a big say over those who dont. Just as in we get first rights on tickets

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Going back to the AM opening post. Yes, I think we can learn from the Blues.
There are fans who bought STs for the carling cup.
They will see this season through and the drop off will be next season.
I am not even sure if success will fully persuade them to stay either.
Unless something lifting like a "blue dawn" where us as fans stay loyal blue this season and get a buzz going
I think a split more equal than the reds think -will be on the cards.
There is a large 'minority, mainly the walk ups but with a good number of STs who have been totally disenfranchised
By events.

This season requires a successful team and I'm really hoping that the away tops sell like crazy so us fans can stick two fingers up to everyone corporate and all other football fans watching this saga.

If we don't

The drift may become irreversable

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:58 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

Except for the fact WE as season ticket holders have put our money upfront which others havent therefore we deserve to have a big say over those who dont. Just as in we get first rights on tickets

I still don't think we have the right to have a greater say on matters surrounding the club, not having a go but we as fans are all equal.

I just choose to pay for 24 matches in one go.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:58 pm

eddiep wrote:Going back to the AM opening post. Yes, I think we can learn from the Blues.
There are fans who bought STs for the carling cup.
They will see this season through and the drop off will be next season.
I am not even sure if success will fully persuade them to stay either.
Unless something lifting like a "blue dawn" where us as fans stay loyal blue this season and get a buzz going
I think a split more equal than the reds think -will be on the cards.
There is a large 'minority, mainly the walk ups but with a good number of STs who have been totally disenfranchised
By events.

This season requires a successful team and I'm really hoping that the away tops sell like crazy so us fans can stick two fingers up to everyone corporate and all other football fans watching this saga.

If we don't

The drift may become irreversable

To be honest I dont think the Red shirts will sell well at all maybe the odd people who have children and such but I think most people will stick to our traditional Blue

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:10 pm

hirwaunbluebird wrote:and where are we going to move back to

f*cking classic, spilt my tea. :D :D

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:14 pm

hirwaunbluebird wrote:large minority,surely that would make them the majority.

This is comedy gold, I am creased up here, wish I'd got home earlier to take part. The funniest thread since I posted on the first night. :D :D

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:44 am

Things like this is why i come to this for my daily chuckle without it this board would be no fun. :ayatollah:

Angry Man wrote: I agree the majority wont but the large minority will

hirwaunbluebird wrote: large minority,surely that would make them the majority.

Angry Man wrote: no it wouldn't!!! Even 15-20% can be seen as a large minority.

hirwaunbluebird wrote: can you have a less majority then.

Angry Man wrote: no but you can have a small majority

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:57 am

Angry Man wrote:They stayed away from their games at CSC until the club finally listened and now they have moved back to Cardiff Arms Park. Like it or not money men only listen when they get hit in the pocket.

Football supporters everywhere get shit on regularly and still keep comming back for more :D

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:39 am

Best thread ever :old: