Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Can we learn a lesson from the fans of the Blues..?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:13 pm

They stayed away from their games at CSC until the club finally listened and now they have moved back to Cardiff Arms Park. Like it or not money men only listen when they get hit in the pocket.

Re: Can we learn a lesson from the fans of the Blues..?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:15 pm

and where are we going to move back to

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:16 pm

Angry Man wrote:They stayed away from their games at CSC until the club finally listened and now they have moved back to Cardiff Arms Park. Like it or not money men only listen when they get hit in the pocket.

And maybe you'll find the majority wont stay away specially those with season tickets?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:17 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:They stayed away from their games at CSC until the club finally listened and now they have moved back to Cardiff Arms Park. Like it or not money men only listen when they get hit in the pocket.

And maybe you'll find the majority wont stay away specially those with season tickets?

I agree the majority wont but the large minority will

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:19 pm

large minority,surely that would make them the majority.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:20 pm

hirwaunbluebird wrote:large minority,surely that would make them the majority.

no it wouldn't!!!

Even 15-20% can be seen as a large minority.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:22 pm

can you have a less majority then. ;)

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:23 pm

hirwaunbluebird wrote:can you have a less majority then. ;)

no but you can have a small majority

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:23 pm

The thing is theres what 18k season ticket holders (not entirely sure) therefore thats the majority if tickets sold already and they will still attract people in specially if we start well and sign some players

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:25 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:The thing is theres what 18k season ticket holders (not entirely sure) therefore thats the majority if tickets sold already and they will still attract people in specially if we start well and sign some players

and if we don't..? People have quoted Leicester on many occasions recently and the size on MM's war chest is based on 'ifs' and 'buts'.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:27 pm

Angry Man wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:The thing is theres what 18k season ticket holders (not entirely sure) therefore thats the majority if tickets sold already and they will still attract people in specially if we start well and sign some players

and if we don't..? People have quoted Leicester on many occasions recently and the size on MM's war chest is based on 'ifs' and 'buts'.

I don't reckon the war chest is that large not with the cost of everything else. The malaysians are playing a big gamble and if we dont start well then things could turn sour quickly

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:31 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

I don't reckon the war chest is that large not with the cost of everything else. The malaysians are playing a big gamble and if we dont start well then things could turn sour quickly

Fully agree with you but the colour and badge would have already changed and for what..? the real possibility of having a club with much more debt than it is currently!!!

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:33 pm

Angry Man wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Fully agree with you but the colour and badge would have already changed and for what..? the real possibility of having a club with much more debt than it is currently!!!

Well if this 100 million comes in then it will lower what debt we have with it turning to equity so effectively they are lowering the debt alot. But my main worry is what happens if we dont get promoted the next 2 years and the 100 million investment runs out which im sure it will?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:34 pm

The inquisitive factor will make the first game a full house for home fans.

Only my opinion.

Besides, money lost on gate revenue is not going to bother TG/VT with what they own.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:36 pm

Yeah that will work surely........ what crap.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:39 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:Well if this 100 million comes in then it will lower what debt we have with it turning to equity so effectively they are lowering the debt alot. But my main worry is what happens if we dont get promoted the next 2 years and the 100 million investment runs out which im sure it will?

My fear is that they would have to go 'cup in hand' back to Tan for another hand out very soon if things dont go as planned and then what clauses would need to be agreed before that so-called investement..?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:42 pm

They wont give a shit if we only have 10,000 there.

This is all about Asia truly Asia

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Angry Man wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:Well if this 100 million comes in then it will lower what debt we have with it turning to equity so effectively they are lowering the debt alot. But my main worry is what happens if we dont get promoted the next 2 years and the 100 million investment runs out which im sure it will?

My fear is that they would have to go 'cup in hand' back to Tan for another hand out very soon if things dont go as planned and then what clauses would need to be agreed before that so-called investement..?

Indeed which is why I am still skeptical over all this but I have a feeling that the expansion of the stadium wont happen until we reach the Premier League which will give us alot more money to spend with so who knows Malky might have more money to spend. The other main issue is the shirt sales aren't going to happen this year so how are we going to make an income enough to balance the already monthly losses we are making

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:47 pm

CP76 wrote:They wont give a shit if we only have 10,000 there.

I think You'll find its about clearing historical debt and putting this club on a sound financial foot, ready for the fair play rules in 2013/2014.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:49 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:

I think You'll find its about clearing historical debt and putting this club on a sound financial foot, ready for the fair play rules in 2013/2014.

But surely a sound financial footing is securing a high revenue stream from the gate receipts otherwise the wages wont even be covered!!!

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:50 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:

Dont think too hard your pea sized brain might explode.

What do you know about rules? You didnt even know kits had to be registered on another thread.

:roll:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:55 pm

Angry Man wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

But surely a sound financial footing is securing a high revenue stream from the gate receipts otherwise the wages wont even be covered!!!

Gate receipts!!! are you serious, were in the championship not the champions league.

Manchester Utd have the biggest ground in British football with tens of 1000s hoping to get on top, and there gate receipts wont even pay Wayne Rooney's wages. Gate receipts will not run a football club, or place it on a sound footing.

Come on, were in the year 2012, a successful club on the pitch brings success, all the plastics who will now support Man City will increase on the basis of winning the Premiership.

They are using a country in which they know the market place better than most, if he pulls this off, simply we are going to be huge in Asia and this will bring millions into this club.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:57 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

Gate receipts!!! are you serious, were in the championship not the champions league.

Manchester Utd have the biggest ground in British football with tens of 1000s hoping to get on top, and there gate receipts wont even pay Wayne Rooney's wages. Gate receipts will not run a football club, or place it on a sound footing.

Come on, were in the year 2012, a successful club on the pitch brings success, all the plastics who will now support Man City will increase on the basis of winning the Premiership.

They are using a country in which they know the market place better than most, if he pulls this off, simply we are going to be huge in Asia and this will bring millions into this club.

Go on how will we bring millions into the club from Asia? Through shirt sales??

Its all to do with bringing in other investors mainly the chinese ones

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:02 pm

Go on how will we bring millions into the club from Asia? Through shirt sales??

Its all to do with bringing in other investors mainly the chinese ones[/quote]

How....

its 2012, its all about Marketing and corporate sponsorship's.

Carl has said that the club have already declined financial backing from Kenny Huang, so there is no truth in this unless the club announce anything.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:03 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

We are in the Championship so the club should be getting Championship gate receipts and other Championship level matchday income to cover Championship wage levels or is bad management not allowing that to be done..?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:05 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:Go on how will we bring millions into the club from Asia? Through shirt sales??

How....

Carl has said that the club have already declined financial backing from Kenny Huang, so there is no truth in this unless the club announce anything.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Carl said that we didn't decline rather he attended a match and we were hoping to encourage him to come on board.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:24 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:Go on how will we bring millions into the club from Asia? Through shirt sales??

How....

Carl has said that the club have already declined financial backing from Kenny Huang, so there is no truth in this unless the club announce anything.

I'm pretty sure Carl said that we didn't decline rather he attended a match and we were hoping to encourage him to come on board.[/quote]

I agree.....But this is where I think the club has gone massively wrong over the past year or two.

A top club, should be run from the top down. The chairman, shareholders and investors should have there meetings and then cascade the info down like any business.

Then the Cardiff City Supports Club should be involved on how forums, consultation periods should be put into place to discuss changes with the members and then the fans. Rather than feed into the so called leaders who then give false or wrong information to fans.

it needs to change big time.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:25 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

How....

I'm pretty sure Carl said that we didn't decline rather he attended a match and we were hoping to encourage him to come on board.

I agree.....But this is where I think the club has gone massively wrong over the past year or two.

A top club, should be run from the top down. The chairman, shareholders and investors should have there meetings and then cascade the info down like any business.

Then the Cardiff City Supports Club should be involved on how forums, consultation periods should be put into place to discuss changes with the members and then the fans. Rather than feed into the so called leaders who then give false or wrong information to fans.

it needs to change big time.[/quote]

Of course I agree these 'leaders' arent elected to represent us and to be honest I think the supporters club is generally pretty poor in representing us for anything

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:29 pm

it needs to change big time.[/quote]

Of course I agree these 'leaders' arent elected to represent us and to be honest I think the supporters club is generally pretty poor in representing us for anything[/quote]

I agree, did you see his interview the other day?? this guy represents the fans yet he was talking about ultra groups and demonstrations.

Clown.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:35 pm

The fairest way to have done all this was to ask the season ticket holders then we would know the full response by the fans