Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who can afford Premiership Football then...?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:52 pm

Genuine question.

Im not trying to be a tw*t.

If and hopefully when we get to the Promised Land you can rest assured
ticket prices will Sky Rocket.

There will be no free seats for under 9's thats for sure.

Once we get to the Premiership that is the chance for the Malaysians to make their money? yes?

So, with the 5 year price freeze coming to an end, how much do you reckon they will/would charge us and will
the South Wales Public afford it.

My guess is Free Child Seats will be gone.

Canton, Grange End, £550-£650 a season.

Ninian Stand, £650-£750 a season.

Grandstand, £750+ upwards.

Bear in mind say for the Ninian Stand that will equate to £32.50 or £37.50 a game.
Canton £27.50 or £32.50 a game.

I would say that is probably the average Premier League Cost of a game, (I went to watch Villa last year, £38 in the Holte End.)

I maybe wrong but Im pretty sure Swansea kept their Season Ticket Prices quite low and still struggled to shift all their seats for their games against the less glamorous opposition.

So, with all these millions being pumped in, and ticket prices being one way they are bound to recoup some income, to pay wages etc, would we realy sell out a 35,000 week in week out.

My guess is no, South Wales is a poor area by UK standards and I reckon Premier League Football, how it would be by the way
we are trying to do it, would price out the average South Wales Man/Woman on the street.

Re: Who can afford Premiership Football then...?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:58 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
I maybe wrong but Im pretty sure Swansea kept their Season Ticket Prices quite low and still struggled to shift all their seats for their games against the less glamorous opposition.

yep you are wrong we sold out every game ;)

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:59 pm

Its an interesting question. It would be in their best interests to perhaps offer another price freeze should we get there so that income are guaranteed whatever division we are in as survival wouldn't be guaranteed. I suspect the reality may be different but as with holidays, car etc, there will be many who like I would have to [as I have four season tickets] will find it from somewhere.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:00 pm

BadaBing wrote:

Ill have to take your word for it fella, was under the impression you didnt sell out for Fulham and one or 2 others.

Out of interest, what were your ticket prices like?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:03 pm

BadaBing wrote:

Ill have to take your word for it fella, was under the impression you didnt sell out for Fulham and one or 2 others.

http://www.swanseacity.net/page/Latest/ ... 81,00.html

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:04 pm

Never thought about that!
I'd say they only rise a £100 for the first season

Anymore is too much!

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:05 pm

CardiffCityHD wrote:Never thought about that!
I'd say they only rise a £100 for the first season

Anymore is too much!

Don't forget that there are 4 fewer games included compared to your current season ticket.

My ST for next season cost £449. the few matchday tickets available for £35 for last season, not sure about next season.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:06 pm

NJ73 wrote:
BadaBing wrote:

How much are your season tickets fella and was there much of an increase?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:07 pm

NJ73 wrote:
BadaBing wrote:

How much are your season tickets fella and was there much of an increase?

Scrap that, just saw your post above.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:10 pm

Fitst few season or 3 people would find the money but long term the novelty will wear off