Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

For both sides, the man behind the Ayatollah writes

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:34 pm

I can't copy the body of text so here is link

http://ffwtbol.co.uk/2012/06/07/losing-my-religion/

To add to Phil's last line, I became disillusioned with football a very long time ago, following Cardiff City was about the day out, the banter and laughs on the train, copious amounts of alcohol, more laughs, more ale and a hangover the next day or the day after depending on "circumstances". It was rarely about the result, we used to loose a lot in the "old days", most Monday's I'd have look in a paper to remember where I'd been let alone what the scores were. As to colour of the shirt probably most times it would be some form of Blue, as to badge I wouldn't have a clue.

This was going to be my last season as season ticket holder, I don't live in the UK and as I've said before it's not the money (I came into this world with f**k all and when I depart my main concern is that I have a clean pair of socks and no "stains" in my underpants), it's the time. As one get's older one tends to appreciate the concept of time, it's running out for me, the clock is a ticking but hey I'm the lucky one. Many of my very good friends are dead, Cardiff City in their DNA, they never had the opportunity to see us at Wembly, didn't see the rise from complete and utter crap to where we are now.

f**k the Premier League, We're Cardiff.