Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So where are the alternatives?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:08 pm

I'm not saying I agree with all the changes and I certainly do not have any credible alternatives, but what I am seeing is very few alternatives being put forward by the many people who have strong objections.

1. We are supposed to be loosing £1 million a month - If the Malaysians went who is going to cover that every month?
2. The Malaysians have allegedly put in £40 million up to now - If they went and wanted their money back then what?
3. It has been identified that we need far better training facilities if we should reach the Premier League - The Malaysians go who is going to provide the cash for new facilities?
4. We still have large outstanding debt - The Malaysians go who is going to sort that out and come up with the cash?
5. The Malaysians go and we end up owing HMRC like before - Who is going to sort that out?
6. Team building and continued backing to gain promotion - The Malaysians go who is going to pay for that?
7. No money, No team building and no ambition, would Malky Mackay stay? Would any other credible manager come to us?
8. Bigger stadium - No Malayians, who is going to pay for that?
9. No money = sell best players = mediocrity = league 1 and 2 = lots of empty BLUE seats = even less "no money" then what? the Conference?

So where are the alternatives or are some people expecting the f*cking tooth fairy to come along in the near future?
Get used to it Premiership football needs Premiership money!!!! or settle for lower league football.

Re: So where are the alternatives?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:13 pm

may I quote Alan Whiteley?

"At no point did they threaten to end their connection to this football club. Certainly, they would have looked at plans again and taken different decisions, maybe looked at new external investment or looked to sell the club on to somebody else."

here's your alternative

and tbh, I*d rather play in the conference than having this crap in the premiership

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:15 pm

The Malaysians weren't going anywhere.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:55 am

reverendjames wrote:I'm not saying I agree with all the changes and I certainly do not have any credible alternatives, but what I am seeing is very few alternatives being put forward by the many people who have strong objections.

1. We are supposed to be loosing £1 million a month - If the Malaysians went who is going to cover that every month?
2. The Malaysians have allegedly put in £40 million up to now - If they went and wanted their money back then what?
3. It has been identified that we need far better training facilities if we should reach the Premier League - The Malaysians go who is going to provide the cash for new facilities?
4. We still have large outstanding debt - The Malaysians go who is going to sort that out and come up with the cash?
5. The Malaysians go and we end up owing HMRC like before - Who is going to sort that out?
6. Team building and continued backing to gain promotion - The Malaysians go who is going to pay for that?
7. No money, No team building and no ambition, would Malky Mackay stay? Would any other credible manager come to us?
9. No money = sell best players = mediocrity = league 1 and 2 = lots of empty BLUE seats = even less "no money" then what? the Conference?

So where are the alternatives or are some people expecting the f*cking tooth fairy to come along in the near future?
Get used to it Premiership football needs Premiership money!!!! or settle for lower league football.

Just as I thought no alternatives

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:03 am

Owain wrote:The Malaysians weren't going anywhere.

Spot on Owain.

The Malaysians have now been on board our club since 2009, funny our debts have only gone up and up, from £36 mill to now £82 mill, who is to blame for that ?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:05 am

Hofmeister wrote:may I quote Alan Whiteley?

"At no point did they threaten to end their connection to this football club. Certainly, they would have looked at plans again and taken different decisions, maybe looked at new external investment or looked to sell the club on to somebody else."

here's your alternative

and tbh, I*d rather play in the conference than having this crap in the premiership

if they are not as honorable as they say they are we could be in the conference in a few years hoff
its time to suck it and see for a year or two
then it will be time to say i told you so from the BLUE or red camps
got to take your hat of to our fellow fans who have stuck to their princibles

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:11 am

Something had to change as the FFP rules kick in we would have been screwed big time. We are losing £1m per month and with these new rules the most VT could loan us would be £6m per season.....thats a physical loss of £6m per season. At the moment the losses are on paper but not from next year. Where would we get that £6m, players being sold?? HMRC not being paid. I dont have the answers.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:14 am

CraigCCFC wrote:Something had to change as the FFP rules kick in we would have been screwed big time. We are losing £1m per month and with these new rules the most VT could loan us would be £6m per season.....thats a physical loss of £6m per season. At the moment the losses are on paper but not from next year. Where would we get that £6m, players being sold?? HMRC not being paid. I dont have the answers.

Craig, so we're losing over a mill a month, who has been running our club these last 2 years ?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:15 am

Forever Blue wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:Something had to change as the FFP rules kick in we would have been screwed big time. We are losing £1m per month and with these new rules the most VT could loan us would be £6m per season.....thats a physical loss of £6m per season. At the moment the losses are on paper but not from next year. Where would we get that £6m, players being sold?? HMRC not being paid. I dont have the answers.

Craig, so we're losing over a mill a month, who has been running our club these last 2 years ?

annis am i right in saying they are loaning us the mill a mouth

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:17 am

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes at high interest and they are totally in charge of everything at our lub.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes at high interest and they are totally in charge of everything at our lub.

hope we can claim the ppi from them :shock:
at the moment we are digging a deeper hole for ourselves with each passing month
like having a loan shark as your land lord

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Owain wrote:The Malaysians weren't going anywhere.

Spot on Owain.

The Malaysians have now been on board our club since 2009, funny our debts have only gone up and up, from £36 mill to now £82 mill, who is to blame for that ?

Annis that's a very unfair stab at the Malaysians.

You show me in any financial accounts submitted to companies house that shows any money being taken out by them.

There has been significant players wages paid during that period, with some major changes being paid for along the way such as commitments to the training facilities at the vale, and the well publicized pitch lights.

People think running a successful championship club costs peanuts, simply deluded.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:21 am

I know your upset Annis, but 7% isnt a high rate in todays climate for a business loan.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:22 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I agree, its their hole and im intrigued to see if they dig us out. If he turns it all to equity that would be a big step forward......its also a big IF

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:24 am

Annis I know Sam is a friend of yours but you have to get used to the idea that he is not coming back to run CCFC, so no amount of Knocking the Malaysians is going to change that. We know where your loyalties lie, but to constantly having a go at the Malaysians, make it look like you have a hidden agenda. We have to give them time to do the job, if they don't do it, then I will be first in line to criticize them. The whole idea of the re-branding is supposed to take us forward debt free, whether this will work, who knows, only time will tell

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:25 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I agree, its their hole and im intrigued to see if they dig us out. If he turns it all to equity that would be a big step forward......its also a big IF

it would be a fantastic turn around but how
prem football would be only chance but still no guarentee

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:28 am

These guys have come in and totaly riped your club apart,and you the fans who love it have been sold a do or die bull shit story.
Like many have said they were not going just tryed and sucseeded to fool u.
And even if they did go yes u would be in the shit but u would not go under u would need to go in to admin and maybee drop down the leagues but thats not a bad thing as u re build rather then re brand and go the same way as us.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:31 am

swansealad69 wrote:These guys have come in and totaly riped your club apart,and you the fans who love it have been sold a do or die bull shit story.
Like many have said they were not going just tryed and sucseeded to fool u.
And even if they did go yes u would be in the shit but u would not go under u would need to go in to admin and maybee drop down the leagues but thats not a bad thing as u re build rather then re brand and go the same way as us.

I really dont care for ur opinion, no matter what way it swings. I only care about what CCFC fans think.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:38 am

reverendjames wrote:I'm not saying I agree with all the changes and I certainly do not have any credible alternatives, but what I am seeing is very few alternatives being put forward by the many people who have strong objections.

Spot on mate. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:04 am

reverendjames wrote:

Just as I thought no alternatives

Many posts have been made along the line of yours and just about all had the same replies you've had.And now your getting all the conspiracy theories against the malaysians blaming them for our current plight.Let me break this down for you in another way.This is about THE COLOUR and THE BADGE nothing else.A number of city fans do not want to lose them at any cost-end of.I'm not happy with red as the primary colour and I don't want to lose the bluebird ever but neither do I want city to become a stinking league 2 selling club again.If the malaysians had offered this package without the colour change you would'nt have heared boo from a goose,in fact,every other fan would probabley would have claimed malaysian heritage somewhere in their family.Its the oldest political trick in the book."If you don't like whats on offer but you can't beat it,beat them instead"The blue or nothing section are losing the argument so attacking the credibility of the malasians plans is all they've got left.

PS-only my opinion and as annis says"all opinions welcome"