Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ROBERY OF CCFC.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:45 pm

To radical way over the top and robbed is whats happened.

Having changed the badge and kit they have totally robbed the club of its identity and that is the worst possible thing they could av done.

I dont understand why and how people can support this to me CCFC is gone and they have stolen it from us.

I dont get how people can say yea get rid of the blue kit and badge bin it and then as a result ccfc will be a success .How do you do it cos I just cant do it to my club.

The changes are done but you havent had any business plan as to how much money will be invested,when will the debts be payed of.Is there a decent transfer Kitty available etc.

No one knows but you have all sold yourselves on this idea without knowing any real answers to key questions.

You wouldnt buy a jag with a citron badge on it would you jaguar has a unique identity and thats what ccfc had not any more.Any jaguar enthusiast would be going nuts so why is it different here.

You may say its the money well money isnt the bee all and end all having a club to support with its identity intact is so much more important to me .dont expect me to just instantly turn a switch bin the identity and say yea I will support red and a badge change just on a whim of possible success.

I can honestly say I would rather watch city in blue and with the old badge in league 2 than support this shit.

Robbed is what we have been chairmen and managers come and go but are clubs identity has always been here but not anymore .1oo or more years is gone you ask liverpool or even blackpool fans or any fan to change colours and badge and I think they would say no .You lot said yes and I respect your opinion but its way way off my opinion.

ITS ROBBERY OF CCFC.

sam was a lord until the wheels fell off I hope you all no what you have agreed to.

Will i use my season ticket ? how can I ,I HAVE NO affiliation with this new club what so ever I just cant show the passion and devotion to the club as for the pride well I am embarrassed.

Vt is ROBBER end of I truely hope we get the blue and the badge back at some point just like we did with the shit badge that Sam had.

Re: ROBERY OF CCFC.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Disagree…..looking forward to the new season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:48 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Disagree…..looking forward to the new season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Enjoy watching your brand new club mate

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:50 pm

brickyblue wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:Disagree…..looking forward to the new season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'll be watching Cardiff City and it's the very same club……….enjoy your saturday afternoon shopping with the Mrs. ;)

We are still the BLOOOOOOOOOBIRDS!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:51 pm

Yes you can look forward to the deep sense of achievement and glowing feeling you get when Berjaya Group win the Premiership. :lol:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:51 pm

brickyblue wrote:

i will thanks

enjoy league 2

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:
brickyblue wrote:

I'll be watching Cardiff City and it's the very same club……….enjoy your saturday afternoon shopping with the Mrs. ;)

We are still the BLOOOOOOOOOBIRDS!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We will agree to disagree mate no need for sarcasm

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:54 pm

:ayatollah: fair enough :ayatollah:

my choice is Cardiff City football club storming the championship next season or my Mrs saying 'does my bum look big in this?'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:56 pm

brickyblue wrote:

Cardiff City Football Club will be the same in every way next season as it was last season, same stadium, manager, coaches, players (along with some better ones), fans, stewards, etc just a different colour home kit.

I know it's a big deal, I'm not happy about the situation, but walking away from the club is not going to help. We will be here long after the current owners and directors have gone.

It's the fans that make the club.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:57 pm

i agree with you brickyblue , i just cant get my head around it , makes me feel sick how they have just decided to do this change without asking the fans. so many people are for the change i just dont get it.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote::ayatollah: fair enough :ayatollah:

my choice is Cardiff City football club storming the championship next season or my Mrs saying 'does my bum look big in this?'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The same 4 me mate any day I love the city but not like this I just cant do it but I do hope you have your enjoyment but its just not for me at all

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:59 pm

harold pinta wrote:
brickyblue wrote:

Cardiff City Football Club will be the same in every way next season as it was last season, same stadium, manager, coaches, players (along with some better ones), fans, stewards, etc just a different colour home kit.

I know it's a big deal, I'm not happy about the situation, but walking away from the club is not going to help. We will be here long after the current owners and directors have gone.

Its just a different colour and badge you say .You just dont get it do you mate.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:02 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

Yes you can look forward to the deep sense of achievement and glowing feeling you get when Berjaya Group win the Premiership. :lol:

Did the Abramovich group win the champions league? Did Sheikh Mansour win the premier league? Did the Estate of Markus Leibherr win the Championship?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:04 pm

harold pinta wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Did the Abramovich group win the champions league? Did Sheikh Mansour win the premier league? Did the Estate of Markus Leibherr win the Championship?

No because their owners were not as dictatorial as ours. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:05 pm

ccfc1981 wrote:i agree with you brickyblue , i just cant get my head around it , makes me feel sick how they have just decided to do this change without asking the fans. so many people are for the change i just dont get it.

I think you'll find your making the mistake of assuming that many fans are "for the change". I reckon I speak for most who don't want it any more than you do, they are just willing to accept it.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:09 pm

brickyblue wrote:
harold pinta wrote:
brickyblue wrote:

Its just a different colour and badge you say .You just dont get it do you mate.

Read again, of course I "get it". I've barely missed a game in over 20 years, CCFC is a big part of my life, like any fan it constantly takes up a great deal of my thoughts. I just choose to take a pragmatic approach. I'm not saying your wrong, if you decide to stop going, that's your decision, I just really don't want you or any other City fan to walk away.
Last edited by harold pinta on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:10 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
harold pinta wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Are you sure about that ;)

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:12 pm

harold pinta wrote:
ccfc1981 wrote:i agree with you brickyblue , i just cant get my head around it , makes me feel sick how they have just decided to do this change without asking the fans. so many people are for the change i just dont get it.

I think you'll find your making the mistake of assuming that many fans are "for the change". I reckon I speak for most who don't want it any more than you do, they are just willing to accept it.

Dont want it- wont walk away though
I'ts just as much my club as theirs - I've probably invested £20k in and around watching the City
No Surrender

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:19 pm

We are still Cardiff City.

How many Leeds fans give a f**k about playing in White? There club colours were blue and yellow until the 70s.

WE ARE CARDIFF ONE AND ALL. WHETHER RED OR BLUE WE ARE ALWAYS CARDIFF. THE CLUB I LOVE IS BEING TORN APART NOT BY TAN BUT BY PETTY FACTIONSISTS. IT HAD HAPPENED. IT HURTS. IT HURTS SOME MORE THAN OTHERS.

BUT PLEASE WE ARE CARDIFF AND NOW MORE THAN EVER WE MUST STAY UNITED.

FORGET COLOUR. SUPPORT CARDIFF CITY. SUPPORT MALKY AND THE BOYS.

WE SHOULD NEVER TURN ON EACH OTHER.

WE ARE CARDIFF AND WE WILL ALWAYS BE CARDIFF.

DOES ANYTHING ELSE REALLY, TRULY MATTER?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:20 pm

harold pinta wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
harold pinta wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Yes I am sure but I suppose you want proof so here it goes. When the Abramovich group invested in Chelsea did he change the colour to red because he could market them in Russia- no. Did he change the Chelsea crest to one of a bear to make his team more marketable in Russia- no. Did he change the colour of the Chelsea kit from blue to red- no. Did he remove all the blue seats from Stamford Bridge and replace them with red ones - no.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
harold pinta wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
harold pinta wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Yes I am sure but I suppose you want proof so here it goes. When the Abramovich group invested in Chelsea did he change the colour to red because he could market them in Russia- no. Did he chgange the Chelsea crest to one of a bear to make his team more marketable in Russia- no. Did he change the colour of the Chelsea kit from blue to red- no. Did he remove all the blue seats from Stamford Bridge and replace them with red ones - no.

How does that prove that Abramovich isn't dictatorial?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:26 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
harold pinta wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
harold pinta wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Yes I am sure but I suppose you want proof so here it goes. When the Abramovich group invested in Chelsea did he change the colour to red because he could market them in Russia- no. Did he change the Chelsea crest to one of a bear to make his team more marketable in Russia- no. Did he change the colour of the Chelsea kit from blue to red- no. Did he remove all the blue seats from Stamford Bridge and replace them with red ones - no.

it wasn't a bussiness and marketing thing for abramovich.... dont think he needs to bother with any marketing he's got too much money it is just petty cash and a play thing !!!!

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:10 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:We are still Cardiff City.

How many Leeds fans give a f**k about playing in White? There club colours were blue and yellow until the 70s.

WE ARE CARDIFF ONE AND ALL. WHETHER RED OR BLUE WE ARE ALWAYS CARDIFF. THE CLUB I LOVE IS BEING TORN APART NOT BY TAN BUT BY PETTY FACTIONSISTS. IT HAD HAPPENED. IT HURTS. IT HURTS SOME MORE THAN OTHERS.

I appreciate your optimism I can sense your passion mate but nar sorry I dont and cant see it as you do.

answer to the above is yes it matters

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:44 pm

brickyblue wrote:

I appreciate your optimism I can sense your passion mate but nar sorry I dont and cant see it as you do.

answer to the above is yes it matters[/quote
The colour of a shirt is more important than the friendship of the men you'be stood shoulder to shoulder with for years?

So important you'd sacrifice the very existence of our club?

I honestly respect your view but cannot reject the future financial security of the club on sentimentality.

If me, you or any other cardiff fan could secure our future and keep us in blue then it would be an ideal scenario.

Sadly no one cardiff fan has the means to do so. Therefore I'll take a future in red rather than a short future in blue.

It is the lesser of two evils IMHO.

BUT WE ARE STILL CARDIFF CITY.

FIGHTING EACH OTHER WILL NOT MAKE ANYTHING BETTER.

WHAT IS DONE IS DONE.

LET'S STOP THE CIVIL WAR AND GET BACK TO SUPPORTING MALKY AND THE BOYS.

CARDIFF TILL I DIE

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:50 pm

I'm with you Bricky! It's not the same anymore.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:57 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
brickyblue wrote:

The colour of a shirt is more important than the friendship of the men you'be stood shoulder to shoulder with for years?

I honestly respect your view but cannot reject the future financial security of the club on sentimentality.

If me, you or any other cardiff fan could secure our future and keep us in blue then it would be an ideal scenario.

Sadly no one cardiff fan has the means to do so. Therefore I'll take a future in red rather than a short future in blue.

WHAT IS DONE IS DONE.

CARDIFF TILL I DIE

I understand your view mate and i respect it but for me we have been done over my clubs true identity is far more important than money and they have just ripped it all up and adding something totally foreigner to me and I cant accept it .I would rather play in league 2 as we were and I MEAN that.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:43 pm

brickyblue wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
brickyblue wrote:

WHAT IS DONE IS DONE.

CARDIFF TILL I DIE

I understand your view mate and i respect it but for me we have been done over my clubs true identity is far more important than money and they have just ripped it all up and adding something totally foreigner to me and I cant accept it .I would rather play in league 2 as we were and I MEAN that.

Bricky, in all fairness mate whilst CCFC is obviously what we both care passionately about, we have different beliefs as to what CCFC actually is. To me its about having a club to take my boy to when he's old enough (he's three months away from being born yet!) I'll tell him about our history, 1927, beating Madrid, hamburg, putting pounds in a bucket to save the tin pot club up west. I'll teell him about MY city side with Eddie May in charge, blakey, dale, psycho, pikey etc.

But he will have his side too. Without the Malaysians he might.not have and for that I am truly grateful to them

For you it seems a CCFC in red can never be your CCFC and fair play I kind of understand that even if I can't agree with that ,personally.

But the one thing I can't get - and this isn't directed at you, or even at people in either camp - red or blue, its directed at all of us.... Is why are we turning on each other?

The lifeblood of thw club is not the owners, its not even the managers and the players, all of whom will eventually move on. It's us, the fans.

When we turn on each other it is us who is destroying the club, no one else.

Yes Tan has divided us.

But we are the ones who are turning on each other and we should be big enough to stop ourselves.

You and I see two very different pictures, but we both have enough respect for each other as fellow city fans.

Strip all of our beliefs and opinions back and that is the one true constant.

We are all still Cardiff.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:58 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
brickyblue wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
brickyblue wrote:

WHAT IS DONE IS DONE.

CARDIFF TILL I DIE

Bricky, in all fairness mate whilst CCFC is obviously what we both care passionately about, we have different beliefs as to what CCFC actually is. To me its about having a club to take my boy to when he's old enough (he's three months away from being born yet!) I'll tell him about our history, 1927, beating Madrid, hamburg, putting pounds in a bucket to save the tin pot club up west. I'll teell him about MY city side with Eddie May in charge, blakey, dale, psycho, pikey etc.

But he will have his side too. Without the Malaysians he might.not have and for that I am truly grateful to them

For you it seems a CCFC in red can never be your CCFC and fair play I kind of understand that even if I can't agree with that ,personally.

But the one thing I can't get - and this isn't directed at you, or even at people in either camp - red or blue, its directed at all of us.... Is why are we turning on each other?

The lifeblood of thw club is not the owners, its not even the managers and the players, all of whom will eventually move on. It's us, the fans.

Yes Tan has divided us.

But we are the ones who are turning on each other and we should be big enough to stop ourselves.

You and I see two very different pictures, but we both have enough respect for each other as fellow city fans.

You have answered your own question here mate and that is V T has divided us ,he has caused all this what can you expect..

I already take my 2 sons and we have season tickets for a few years now and i am a fan of 34 years .you have to understand the representation of my club is the badge and the blue shirt and over many years I have become so so proud of it I have reached the point of no return.

I cant now control this it is totally built in now you could say I am institutionalised now.

My kids are confused and they are not happy.its like this hay kids you no that badge and kit you love ?yes .Well its gone now.How do I explain this to kids they are gutted.

Vt caused the divide amongst some of the most passionate fans in the uk what did he expect from all this other than a divide. You said managers players come and go but so do chairmen but until now nobody has chaged the clubs identity because they all new the importance of it but not this man who by the way its a football man.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:33 pm

brickyblue wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
brickyblue wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
brickyblue wrote:

I honestly respect your view but cannot reject the future financial security of the club on sentimentali ty.

WHAT IS DONE IS DONE.

CARDIFF TILL I DIE

For you it seems a CCFC in red can never be your CCFC and fair play I kind of understand that even if I can't agree with that , personally.

Yes Tan has divided us.

You have answered your own question here mate and that is V T has divided us ,he has caused all this what can you expect..

I already take my 2 sons and we have season tickets for a few years now and i am a fan of 34 years .you have to understand the representation of my club is the badge and the blue shirt and over many years I have become so so proud of it I have reached the point of no return.

I cant now control this it is totally built in now you could say I am institutionalised now.

My kids are confused and they are not happy.its like this hay kids you no that badge and kit you love ?yes .Well its gone now.How do I explain this to kids they are gutted.

Vt caused the divide amongst some of the most passionate fans in the uk what did he expect from all this other than a divide. You said managers players come and go but so do chairmen but until now nobody has chaged the clubs identity because they all new the importance of it but not this man who by the way its a football man.

Fact is we are both have two very different beliefs as to what CCFC is. Neither is wrong but we are too far apart to come to an agreement on this.

For me badge and colour are nothing more than identifiers of a chapter in the clubs history, each as important as the next. But not of the club itself. Under Hamman the badge changed to incorporate the st David's cross, when we won the FA cup the badge had a dragon on it.

To you and many others the change is clearly far more important.... An erosion of identity etc.

The only choice we have is to respectfully agree to disagree.

Only time will tell if Tan has made the club stronger or ripped out its heart.

Either way I'll be there (with my little pick and shovrl) as often as I can.

I genuunley hope that despite what is obviously a massive blow for you, you and your boys will be there too.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:41 pm

ealing

Thats a fair point and I agree to disagree with you .I also hope the ride is a smooth one for you and I also hope that some how we can both enjoy the new ccfc but i dont no how but maybe I can find a way through the fog.

:) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: