Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Can we talk about the euros?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:39 pm

far bigger than what is going on right now, deny it all you want.

The best international tournament by a mile

Who've we got to win? What bets? Anyone you're tipping to shine?

I reckon Germany or Italy will win, Benzema top scorer and Yarmolenko of the Ukraine will light it up, as well as Germany's trio of starlets, Reus, Gotze and Schurrle

Re: Can we talk about the euros?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:41 pm

NO ONLY CARDIFF CITY TOPICS ALLOWED. :old:

But for what it's worth iv'e gone for Holland-Germany final. England to lose against France and draw the next two. Ireland to get through the group stage and Robin Van Persie top goal scrorer.

:old: :old: :old:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:41 pm

Now we're talking, I love Euros, this is my favourite Euros tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhmdFOjTXYM

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:42 pm

Almost 1.22 to the pound now. Sorry could not resist it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:NO ONLY CARDIFF CITY TOPICS ALLOWED. :old:

But for what it's worth iv'e gone for Holland-Germany final. England to lose against France and draw the next two. Ireland to get through the group stage and Robin Van Persie top goal scrorer.

Doubt RvP will start over Huntelaar tbh

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:48 pm

The Lad wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:NO ONLY CARDIFF CITY TOPICS ALLOWED. :old:

Doubt RvP will start over Huntelaar tbh

Sorry mate RVP has got the nod - Huntelaar well pissed off by all acounts [according to SSN]. For me Holland to beat Engerland in the final with RVP to be top scorer of the tournament. Would love Poland to win as big affection for a beautiful country but don't expect them to get past the group stage.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:28 pm

Don't want to talk about it. Just got drawn Russia in the sweepstake :x :lol:

Anyway, hoping for a Holland-Germany final whilst also hoping for a Russia-Ukraine final :D

I want Holland to win it, they have a great attacking force and a solid defence, one of the best keepers in the world right now.

Glad to be talking football again :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:34 pm

CantonJack wrote:Don't want to talk about it. Just got drawn Russia in the sweepstake :x :lol:

Anyway, hoping for a Holland-Germany final whilst also hoping for a Russia-Ukraine final :D

I want Holland to win it, they have a great attacking force and a solid defence, one of the best keepers in the world right now.

I reckon Russia are a decent outside bet at 20/1 Tough to beat, hugely experienced coach and they will have very big support.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Holland to win it 7/1
England to get knocked out in the quarters 7/4
Van Persie top goal scorer 10/1
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:47 pm

JPCCFC wrote:Holland to win it 7/1
England to get knocked out in the quarters 7/4
Van Persie top goal scorer 10/1
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I know I'm biased but I really can't see England getting out of their group. Can't see them beating France, they never beat Sweden, and I can see them scraping a desperate draw against Ukraine.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:47 pm

double post

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:22 pm

harold pinta wrote:
CantonJack wrote:Don't want to talk about it. Just got drawn Russia in the sweepstake :x :lol:

I reckon Russia are a decent outside bet at 20/1 Tough to beat, hugely experienced coach and they will have very big support.

If Arshavin shows up for them, he is world class and could get them over the line

if they are disciplined defensively, play counter attacking football and`make the use of their height from set pieces they could do very well

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:25 pm

Don't forget they have a class finsisher in Pavlyuchenko too. Wouldn't be at all surprsied if they do well.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:45 pm

i can see it being Germanys year, they have constantly threatened and the likes on Schweinsteiger, Lahm and Muller will want to avenge the loss to Chelski in the Champs Lge!

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:52 pm

trueblue1927 wrote:i can see it being Germanys year, they have constantly threatened and the likes on Schweinsteiger, Lahm and Muller will want to avenge the loss to Chelski in the Champs Lge!

And they have a good young upcoming squad. Russia are a good shout they have a very easy group I believe. England to not make it past the group stage. Germany vs Holland Final

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:14 am

Starts today

Buzzing!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:30 am

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/st ... MP=OTC-RSS

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:39 am

Got England in a sweepstake, so I'll be following them. And I'm supporting any player in my fantasy team haha :lol:

But before these I predicted Holland to win

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:58 am

hard too look past spain for me

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:20 pm

Cant see Spain getting three in a row. They if they win their group they are likely to play England in the quarters, Holland or Germany in the semis. So I think it's safe to say they will get at least semis ;)