Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Step up and be brave??

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:12 pm

I will ask all the anti-red fans, who seem to know all the answers ot one very simple question.

Provide us pro-red fans, a sustainable and realistic business plan on how this club should be run, should you get your wish and the Malaysians walk?

Simple question??? I've asked every anti red I know that includes some very close friends and I get nothing everytime simply because most of them want to stand out and look the big I am. Without any evidence to support there actions, all the planning of demonstrations, burning of the flags, trading insults with fellow Cardiff City fans and emailing TG directly.

So step and give us your ideas, and before you start, admin and your so called "start again" won't wash one bit.

I'm waiting????

Re: Step up and be brave??

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:19 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:I will ask all the anti-red fans, who seem to know all the answers ot one very simple question.

Provide us pro-red fans, a sustainable and realistic business plan on how this club should be run, should you get your wish and the Malaysians walk?

Simple question??? I've asked every anti red I know that includes some very close friends and I get nothing everytime simply because most of them want to stand out and look the big I am. Without any evidence to support there actions, all the planning of demonstrations, burning of the flags, trading insults with fellow Cardiff City fans and emailing TG directly.

So step and give us your ideas, and before you start, admin and your so called "start again" won't wash one bit.

I'm waiting????

just because people don't want red shirts doesn't mean they want the Malaysians to walk!!

There's no real reason why having a red shirt will make us more attractive.
Tan wasn't going anywhere anyway, so there was no reason why we couldn't carry on as we were with out proper badge & colour.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:23 pm

Owain wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:I will ask all the anti-red fans, who seem to know all the answers ot one very simple question.

I'm waiting????

just because people don't want red shirts doesn't mean they want the Malaysians to walk!!

Tan wasn't going anywhere anyway, so there was no reason why we couldn't carry on as we were with out proper badge & colour.

I only want an answer to my question.

If I bought a Company for let's say £100 million, I'd be in my own right to call it anything I wanted, it's my company and I'll do what I think is best. Fans keep forgetting people who make, not earn or inherit a billion pounds are very clever and switched on individuals and know the market they trade in.

Do you know the Malaysian market better than Tan??

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:26 pm

I'm waiting????

my response would be...

99% of clubs in this country survive WITHOUT sacrificing their club's history and identity

if the way our club has been run has not been sustainable, then its simple, we have to put aside our search for Premier League football for a few seasons while we cut costs, lower the wage bill, and do whatever it takes to make a sustainable club in the long run without compromising our club colours

Almost every club in the country, bar a few exceptions, are proof that clubs can be run in a sustainable manner, otherwise every club would have to do the same to stop themselves going out of business.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:28 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
Owain wrote:

I'm waiting????

If I bought a Company for let's say £100 million, I'd be in my own right to call it anything I wanted, it's my company and I'll do what I think is best. Fans keep forgetting people who make, not earn or inherit a billion pounds are very clever and switched on individuals and know the market they trade in.

I'm willing to accept the re branding but I really don't agree with this argument. It's not just another business and it can't be run like just another business, even the Malaysians would accept that.

I'm sure Vincent Tan is a very wise and switched on business man, but they all make mistakes now and then.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:31 pm

harold pinta wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
Owain wrote:

I'm waiting????

I'm willing to accept the re branding but I really don't agree with this argument. It's not just another business and it can't be run like just another business, even the Malaysians would accept that.

I'm sure Vincent Tan is a very wise and switched on business man, but they all make mistakes now and then.

Seriously, the quicker fans accept that football clubs are a BUSINESS you may understand the financial and business reasons behind the rebrand.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:31 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

I'm waiting????

my response would be...

99% of clubs in this country survive WITHOUT sacrificing their club's history and identity

if the way our club has been run has not been sustainable, then its simple, we have to put aside our search for Premier League football for a few seasons while we cut costs, lower the wage bill, and do whatever it takes to make a sustainable club in the long run without compromising our club colours

Almost every club in the country, bar a few exceptions, are proof that clubs can be run in a sustainable manner, otherwise every club would have to do the same to stop themselves going out of business.

All clubs have sacrificed things in the name of money over the years, whether it's kit sponsorship, stadium naming rights, selling off catering contracts. I know this is seems a much bigger deal now, but so was shirt sponsorship not so long ago.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:33 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:I only want an answer to my question.

I can't answer a question that doesn't make sense. The choice was never between a red shirt and admin (or liquidation more likely)
The problem is that's what most people think, and that's why so many are supportive of it.

I know nothing about the Malaysian market, but what does VT know about football clubs?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:34 pm

harold pinta wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

I'm waiting????

my response would be...

All clubs have sacrificed things in the name of money over the years, whether it's kit sponsorship, stadium naming rights, selling off catering contracts. I know this is seems a much bigger deal now, but so was shirt sponsorship not so long ago.

no club, for these reasons, have sacrificed their club colour and badge.

It's a step WAY too far in my opinion.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:35 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

I'm waiting????

my response would be...

There you answered your own question, bar a few exceptions clubs can be run at a sustainable manner.

Ok, you may not know this but in 2013/2014 new financial fair play rules come into place. Unless clubs start planning, clubs will be going pop every week and I mean some major clubs will go also, the same way.

Man City and a few others are the exception, Christ they fudged a sponsorship deal for the stadium for £400 million to combat the fair pay rules, who else in the football league have a spare £400 million????

We are losing approx £1-1.5 million a month, how can we be sustainable or in fact trade solvent??

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:38 pm

Owain wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:I only want an answer to my question.

I can't answer a question that doesn't make sense. The choice was never between a red shirt and admin (or liquidation more likely)
The problem is that's what most people think, and that's why so many are supportive of it.

I know nothing about the Malaysian market, but what does VT know about football clubs?

Why does the question not make sense, I'm not having a dig Owain but the question I asked was a simple one.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:39 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

I'm waiting????

my response would be...

There you answered your own question, bar a few exceptions clubs can be run at a sustainable manner.

Ok, you may not know this but in 2013/2014 new financial fair play rules come into place. Unless clubs start planning, clubs will be going pop every week and I mean some major clubs will go also, the same way.

Man City and a few others are the exception, Christ they fudged a sponsorship deal for the stadium for £400 million to combat the fair pay rules, who else in the football league have a spare £400 million????

We are losing approx £1-1.5 million a month, how can we be sustainable or in fact trade solvent??

my point is we needed to get into a situation where we are NOT losing £1.5m a month WITHOUT changing our kit colour just like 91 other league clubs are gonna have to do :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:43 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:Why does the question not make sense, I'm not having a dig Owain but the question I asked was a simple one.

Ok the question was flawed. It was never a choice between red shirts or administration.
The Malaysians weren't going to pull out, especially losing £40/£50m in the process.

If the club had done this properly, and actually consulted the fans they would have realised (hopefully) that nobody actually wants to change the shirt and badge for no reason.

The best way of marketing us in the far east would be by getting us into the Premiership. Regardless of what colour we play in, nobody is going to be that interested in a Championship club.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:45 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

I'm waiting????

my response would be...

my point is we needed to get into a situation where we are NOT losing £1.5m a month WITHOUT changing our kit colour just like 91 other league clubs are gonna have to do :ayatollah:

We are too far for cost cutting your almost talking of selling off the squad, lowering wages and we would simply cost millions following a rather quick relegation.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:48 pm

Owain wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:Why does the question not make sense, I'm not having a dig Owain but the question I asked was a simple one.

Ok the question was flawed. It was never a choice between red shirts or administration.
The Malaysians weren't going to pull out, especially losing £40/£50m in the process.

If the club had done this properly, and actually consulted the fans they would have realised (hopefully) that nobody actually wants to change the shirt and badge for no reason.

The best way of marketing us in the far east would be by getting us into the Premiership. Regardless of what colour we play in, nobody is going to be that interested in a Championship club.

I think their plan is to get the club in a position to be ready IF we get promoted. i.e instantly more marketable in the far east (so they say) and a bigger stadium to make the most of the bigger potential revenue streams that top flight would bring.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Owain wrote:

The info was leaked,the plans for the shirt design, badge, training ground and the sheer volume of info woud have taken months and cost millions to get to where It got.

I don't seriously believe that Tan planned the leak, I'm sure things would have been dealt with correctly and some form of fans forum and consultation period would have been put into place.

Come on, the guy Is worth billions, do you honestly think he planned the way in which the info was broadcasted???

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:50 pm

harold pinta wrote:
Owain wrote:

I think their plan is to get the club in a position to be ready IF we get promoted. i.e instantly more marketable in the far east (so they say) and a bigger stadium to make the most of the bigger potential revenue streams that top flight would bring.

But red shirts and a cheap badge won't make us instantly more marketable!

Imagine a Malaysian owned football club in the Premier league with 'Malaysia' across our (blue!) shirts
That's marketable!

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:54 pm

harold pinta wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

I'm waiting????

my response would be...

Surely the bigger deal now though, is historical debt?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:59 pm

I'm waiting????

Ok then. We reject the rebranding and the Malaysians will not walk away (Alan Whitely has stated this). Instead they bring in more investors (like the Malaysians promised in their statement) and we have loads of cash to invest. With new investors this would bring a balance to the board which would prevent one dictator from being able to do his own thing.Simples :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:25 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

I'm waiting????

Ok then. We reject the rebranding and the Malaysians will not walk away (Alan Whitely has stated this). Instead they bring in more investors (like the Malaysians promised in their statement) and we have loads of cash to invest. With new investors this would bring a balance to the board which would prevent one dictator from being able to do his own thing.Simples :ayatollah:

I wish i could see into the future - i think the red is a real gamble that can just as much be a failure as a success.
If it proves to fail - the club dies for sure.If it is a success - the success comes with a stain for many.
I'd love to see another big hitter come in and balance the board -

Truth is - we just dont know.

A sustainable solution is to live within our means -go in to administration and get relegated and push the academy and grow the business based upon financial fair play rules.
The likelyhood is that we would never reach the championship again though

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:29 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
The info was leaked,the plans for the shirt design, badge, training ground and the sheer volume of info woud have taken months and cost millions to get to where It got.

I don't seriously believe that Tan planned the leak, I'm sure things would have been dealt with correctly and some form of fans forum and consultation period would have been put into place.

Come on, the guy Is worth billions, do you honestly think he planned the way in which the info was broadcasted???

Have you seen the badge?
Have you seen the training ground drawings?

There's definitely not months of work and millions of pounds spent there.

Besides, the shirts had already been produced and press shots taken - had there been no leak they would have announced it as they did on Wednesday with no chance for the fans to give their opinion.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:30 pm

eddiep wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

I'm waiting????

I wish i could see into the future - i think the red is a real gamble that can just as much be a failure as a success.
If it proves to fail - the club dies for sure.If it is a success - the success comes with a stain for many.
I'd love to see another big hitter come in and balance the board -

Truth is - we just dont know.

A sustainable solution is to live within our means -go in to administration and get relegated and push the academy and grow the business based upon financial fair play rules.
The likelyhood is that we would never reach the championship again though

listen admin is not on the agenda, the Malaysians would instantly lose £40-£60 million, that has already been confirmed as not an option.

But people don't realize, is that admin is no an easy thing. Christ,Darlington have been relegated 7 divisions!!!! Rangers who are a worldwide brand, who regularly obtain champions league football cannot find a buyer after 6 months.

So please no more of this admin rubbish.