Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City Sell Out Crew

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:50 am

What has happened to my club, remember the days when Cardiff fans had backbones? No me neither. Sold out to a bunch of foreigners and their false promises.

Enjoy Franshise FC who play their home games at the CCS, Cardiff City Sellout Stadium. Those who are standing by and letting this happen should be ashamed of yourselves. Don't give me the "we are doing it for the club bollox" you are doing it for success and that is not what I started supporting Cardiff for, I supported them for a love of the club and the fans who have now turned into a bunch of happy clappy glory hunting plastics.

Never thought I'd say this but I am ashamed and embarrassed to be associated with the new Cardiff City so I'll do the honourable thing and ow out with my balls and pride intact.

Re: Cardiff City Sell Out Crew

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:55 am

Everyone is entitled to opinions

Mine is if it brings success to the club I'm in

3rd & 4th division grounds again - NO THANKS

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:15 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Everyone is entitled to opinions

It MAY bring success to a club but it won't be the club I love, it will be a Franchise I have no connection with.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:18 am

its not just an opinion it goes very deep for me ccfc as i new it is gone and we now have a new club that after 34 years of my support is now over.

This is not the club I grew up with and I have no affiliation with these changes its not that I dont want the investment but to sell the soul and identity of the club is a disaster and they have done it so thats me finished with this club .

I would rather play in the 3 or 4 th division watching city than this new brand of total utter shit and that is the truth.

Everyone saying yes lets do it but you dont even no the finer details of it all you have all just dumped your club excepted radical change blind.What are you all doing?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:22 am

brickyblue wrote:

its not just an opinion it goes very deep for me ccfc as i new it is gone and we now have a new club that after 34 years of my support is now over.

This is not the club I grew up with and I have no affiliation with these changes its not that I dont want the investment but to sell the soul and identity of the club is a disaster and they have done it so thats me finished with this club .

I would rather play in the 3 or 4 th division watching city than this new brand of total utter shit and that is the truth.

Everyone saying yes lets do it but you dont even no the finer details of it all you have all just dumped your club excepted radical change blind.What are you all doing?

Bang on, it feels like a part of me has died, dramatic yes but it's true.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:38 am

It ain't the same club for me,we are playing in a Man Utd kit so all the plastics will be loving it until the bad results come in and they turn on the Malaysians and go back to supporting Man utd,liverpool etc,something has to be done.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:45 am

ELY BOY wrote:What has happened to my club, remember the days when Cardiff fans had backbones? No me neither. Sold out to a bunch of foreigners and their false promises.

Enjoy Franshise FC who play their home games at the CCS, Cardiff City Sellout Stadium. Those who are standing by and letting this happen should be ashamed of yourselves. Don't give me the "we are doing it for the club bollox" you are doing it for success and that is not what I started supporting Cardiff for, I supported them for a love of the club and the fans who have now turned into a bunch of happy clappy glory hunting plastics.

Never thought I'd say this but I am ashamed and embarrassed to be associated with the new Cardiff City so I'll do the honourable thing and ow out with my balls and pride intact.

May be you could explain just how we 'spineless' fans were supposed to stop the rebranding? And while we are at it why haven't you done anything or are you just as spineless as the rest?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:06 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:What has happened to my club, remember the days when Cardiff fans had backbones? No me neither. Sold out to a bunch of foreigners and their false promises.

May be you could explain just how we 'spineless' fans were supposed to stop the rebranding? And while we are at it why haven't you done anything or are you just as spineless as the rest?

Tony it all happened just yesterday mate,I think people are still trying to get their heads around it.I am still waiting for people to answer my questions,why don't you give it a go.....viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82892

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:07 am

:ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:07 am

Boycott the games .... easy!

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:12 am

I know how you feel and personally i hate the changes especially the badge and having supported City since 1969 i have thought long and hard but i can't walk away from the Club i love but can understand and respect your decision.

What i would say is players, managers and owners come and go the one thing that remains consistent and loyal is the fans we are still Cardiff City and we still play in Cardiff we will always be Bluebirds.

I wish Terry Matthews at the Celtic Manor was a ardent Bluebird because he's one of the few Welsh business men who could take our Club forward however unfortunately he's not. So we are stuck with the Malaysians and let's be honest without them we would be f*cked! You only have to think back 2 years when we were in court fighting off winding up orders from HMRC, creditors were everywhere and who can forget the Motherwell Chairman popping up on TV demanding money just after we had signed Bellamy.

It's ok saying we would have gone into administration wiped our debts and taken a points deduction but the reality is we would have been liquidated and that WOULD have meant no Cardiff City FC!

Yes we could have started again but under a different name and in the Welsh League with probably no way back into the Football League because we would no longer be Cardiff City and there is no way they would allow a newly formed Welsh Club to join the English pyramid.

Faced with that grim reality we have 2 choices and that is walk or stay with the Club you have always supported and if you want to make changes then do it constructively from within. This is just another period in our proud history and never forget the heart beat of the Club is us has fans and personally i will always be a Bluebird. :ayatollah:

So has i said i respect you and understand if you want to walk away but please don't call me a sell out :old:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:26 am

dazzyt wrote:

Tony it all happened just yesterday mate,I think people are still trying to get their heads around it.I am still waiting for people to answer my questions,why don't you give it a go.....viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82892

How much of this will settle outstanding debts and when will we be debt free?

If you read the Q & A with Alan Whiteley it is clear that the new investment will clear all debts and once Langston have signed up the conversion of debt to equity will begin.

How much will be spent on the stadium and when?

There is currently a feasibility study being carried out and once demand outstrips supply (i.e. when we are regularly selling out games) the expansion will take place.

How much will be spent on a new training ground and when will the work start?

There are no figures for how much the training ground will cost, but work will start almost immediately.

How much will be available to Malky for players and when?

Malky has been given substantial funds to compete in the transfer market. The manager himself is very happy with what he has been given (happy enough to turndown/rule out Premiership Norwich BTW) and that has been made available to him now.

How are the colours Red going to earn extra revenue and how much is expected to be made from this?

The rebranding is part of an overall strategy which includes raising awareness in Malaysia and China. There are plans to sell CCFC merchandise at many of VT's retail outlets, such as Hotels, Golf Courses, and Shops etc.

What attendances are expected next season and are they expected to rise?

You know the answer to that, if we are top of the league they will raise, if we are bottom they will fall. The Red/Blue thing will have no affect on that at all.

Will any of the of the 100m have to be paid back and if so when?

No. None of the £100m will have to be paid back, it will eventually be converted into shares.

What is our projected turnover for the next 3 years?

There is a huge difference between 3 years in the Championship and 3 years in the Premiership.

Every company has a business plan, do the club guesstimate pre tax profits within 2 years?

I doubt there will be any pre-tax profits unless we are promoted to the Premiership.

When are the club expecting to be in the premiership?

ASP

Read viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82956

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:27 am

Johnny Rythmn wrote:

Boycott the games .... easy!

But the rebranding is happening now when there are no games to boycott :roll:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:30 am

blueheaven wrote:I know how you feel and personally i hate the changes especially the badge and having supported City since 1969 i have thought long and hard but i can't walk away from the Club i love but can understand and respect your decision.

What i would say is players, managers and owners come and go the one thing that remains consistent and loyal is the fans we are still Cardiff City and we still play in Cardiff we will always be Bluebirds.

I wish Terry Matthews at the Celtic Manor was a ardent Bluebird because he's one of the few Welsh business men who could take our Club forward however unfortunately he's not. So we are stuck with the Malaysians and let's be honest without them we would be f*cked! You only have to think back 2 years when we were in court fighting off winding up orders from HMRC, creditors were everywhere and who can forget the Motherwell Chairman popping up on TV demanding money just after we had signed Bellamy.

It's ok saying we would have gone into administration wiped our debts and taken a points deduction but the reality is we would have been liquidated and that WOULD have meant no Cardiff City FC!

Yes we could have started again but under a different name and in the Welsh League with probably no way back into the Football League because we would no longer be Cardiff City and there is no way they would allow a newly formed Welsh Club to join the English pyramid.

Faced with that grim reality we have 2 choices and that is walk or stay with the Club you have always supported and if you want to make changes then do it constructively from within. This is just another period in our proud history and never forget the heart beat of the Club is us has fans and personally i will always be a Bluebird. :ayatollah:

So has i said i respect you and understand if you want to walk away but please don't call me a sell out :old:

Excellent post and very level headed. Unfortunatley that counts for nothing and you will be viewed as one of the spineless fans by many as will I.