Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Does anyone want to form an Ultra Group?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:37 am

I was thinking today about all the goings on and I realized something; Cardiff City could be at the centre of the next big thing. Personally i'm not pro-red, but, I am pro Cardiff and I think we need to step up our game and embrace everything going on around us so that we can help make this club one of the best in the world.

Obviously the word 'Ultra' has negative tones, but it would not be radical or violent, merely a permanent, loud, vibrant noise.

Look at the ultras around the world from Celtic to Besiktas to Boca Juniors and say that you wouldn't love to be able to be there. And then think you can be there.

Anyone think this would be a good idea? I wouldn't want to be in charge in any way, bit i'd be the first name on the sign up sheet!

Re: Does anyone want to form an Ultra Group?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:51 am

boca don't have an ultras group its called a "barras bravas" group what will you name this proposed group

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:55 am

Wouldn't mind, see what other people think?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:01 am

thanks but no thanks. Ultras destroy the atmosphere and they are destroying football here in germany. they already done so much damage in italy.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:01 am

A cersion of Celtics Green Brigade would be spot on.... the Blue Brigade! :old: :lol:
Is there a Junior Capo among us?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZYdYiOSUGA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq2J146riTI

:ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:35 am

Hofmeister wrote:thanks but no thanks. Ultras destroy the atmosphere and they are destroying football here in germany. they already done so much damage in italy.

Can you explain this?

I was thinking Blue Brigade and that seems slightly more appropriate now.

To be honest, I'm fed up of the shit atmosphere at the CCS. I grew up remembering NP rocking and us being some of the best fans in UK but now....... Most go to have a sit down and a moan!

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:38 am

bluebirdcal wrote:A cersion of Celtics Green Brigade would be spot on.... the Blue Brigade! :old: :lol:
Is there a Junior Capo among us?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZYdYiOSUGA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq2J146riTI

:ayatollah:

Haha that's class, gets the fans going!
I got to be honest atmosphere down the new stadium is poor! :(

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:44 am

Sorry, 'destroy the atmosphere' bit was the part I didn't understand.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:47 am

I'd be up for it (not the junior Capo bit, havn't got the bollox to do it) but i'd love to see the Blue Brigade at the back of the Canton. With more bouncing around to songs such as 'We Love You' and 'Barmy Army'. Problem is too many of our fans only sing the same old things

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:50 am

robinsonisgod7 wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:thanks but no thanks. Ultras destroy the atmosphere and they are destroying football here in germany. they already done so much damage in italy.

Can you explain this?

To be honest, I'm fed up of the shit atmosphere at the CCS. I grew up remembering NP rocking and us being some of the best fans in UK but now....... Most go to have a sit down and a moan!

Ultras in Italy are responsible why grounds are half empty. Same goes for Poland and it starts the same here now. We had games delayed, one playoff game was almost abandoned because of Ultras. Ultras here cost every club thousands of Euros, due to their behaviour in vandalism, flares etc.
Grounds and areas around the stadiums arent safe anymore, lost of families dont go anymore, same goes for long time going football fans.
Atmosphere goes down as well, as Ultras dont care about the game, they have their 90min sing-song without emotions. And dont you dare starting a spontanious chant yourself...
Almost all German clubs have Ultras now, that made me stop going.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:52 am

[url][/url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBVNow-_aFw[url][/url]

Since I was young, I followed on, Cardiff City, the team for me!

Would love this.

In all seriousness how do we go about doing it?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:55 am

Hofmeister wrote:
robinsonisgod7 wrote:

Can you explain this?

Ultras in Italy are responsible why grounds are half empty. Same goes for Poland and it starts the same here now. We had games delayed, one playoff game was almost abandoned because of Ultras. Ultras here cost every club thousands of Euros, due to their behaviour in vandalism, flares etc.
Grounds and areas around the stadiums arent safe anymore, lost of families dont go anymore, same goes for long time going football fans.
Atmosphere goes down as well, as Ultras dont care about the game, they have their 90min sing-song without emotions. And dont you dare starting a spontanious chant yourself...
Almost all German clubs have Ultras now, that made me stop going.

Well that's what I was hoping to avoid and i'm sure it is avoidable. Like I said in the first post, the word 'Ultra' has negative connotations but there is no reason we can't be responsible about it.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:56 am

I'm not sure that we would be the violent, fasict ultras that you see on the continent. More like the Green Brigade, a group of singers together who want to make as much noise as possible.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:58 am

If we did have an Ultra group It would be purely for atmosphere
Were not racists or violent just a bit of atmosphere which our stadium is lacking abit
We would not be like Germanys/Polands Ultras and we have a family stand for kids and familys

I think this wouldnt be a too bad idea but I think there should be some type of poll too see what the overall fans think

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:05 pm

CardiffCityHD wrote:If we did have an Ultra group It would be purely for atmosphere
Were not racists or violent just a bit of atmosphere which our stadium is lacking abit
We would not be like Germanys/Polands Ultras and we have a family stand for kids and familys

I think this wouldnt be a too bad idea but I think there should be some type of poll too see what the overall fans think

I don't know how to do a poll, anyone want to get one going?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Anyone who opposes an Ultra group, is opposing an atmosphere like this
(skip to 4:00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4WYDUTd_wY). You can really tell the ultras apart from the normal fans in that video.

Ultras are so passionate they will sing and chant until their last breath for the club they love. It doesn't have to be all violence and hatred like Ultras are portrayed by the media.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:32 pm

frosty_x wrote:Anyone who opposes an Ultra group, is opposing an atmosphere like this
(skip to 4:00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4WYDUTd_wY). You can really tell the ultras apart from the normal fans in that video.

Ultras are so passionate they will sing and chant until their last breath for the club they love. It doesn't have to be all violence and hatred like Ultras are portrayed by the media.

Awesome, chanting and atmosphere
Imagine that down the CCS!

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:33 pm

robinsonisgod7 wrote:
CardiffCityHD wrote:If we did have an Ultra group It would be purely for atmosphere

I don't know how to do a poll, anyone want to get one going?

I'm not quite sure either
Aha! :D

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:38 pm

The old Cardiff City would never have to try and organise a Crystal Palace type of support.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:39 pm

frosty_x wrote:Anyone who opposes an Ultra group, is opposing an atmosphere like this

and you believe theres Santa and the Easter Bunny?

come over to germany and experience what Ultras are doing here. They even admit they are not interested in the game, all that matters is their game, their show against the other Ultras. 90 mins singsong without passion...NO THANKS

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:42 pm

Hofmeister wrote:

and you believe theres Santa and the Easter Bunny?

come over to germany and experience what Ultras are doing here. They even admit they are not interested in the game, all that matters is their game, their show against the other Ultras. 90 mins singsong without passion...NO THANKS

We could 90 minutes of singing with passion! :D

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:45 pm

Does anyone think the atmosphere will change next season due to re-branding?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:36 pm

Cardiff Ultras = cringe

Now if Cardiff developed an Ultra movement that really would be the day I stopped caring.

Ultras are tossers.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:37 pm

porthcawlcasual wrote:Cardiff Ultras = cringe

Now if Cardiff developed an Ultra movement that really would be the day I stopped caring.

Ultras are tossers.

exactly

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:46 pm

Hofmeister wrote:

Ultras are tossers.

exactly

Hof,
Its my guess that any of these pro Ultra's are impressionable kids.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:03 pm

porthcawlcasual wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:

Ultras are tossers.

exactly

Hof,

Well, I'm a 24 year old if you call that 'kids'.

My guess is that anti-Ultra's are old farts who sit about the stadium grumbling. But I don't want to get into that game mate. :ayatollah:

All I want is whats best for Cardiff, and I think most people if not every single one of them would agree that the atmosphere created last season was rubbish. And it needs to change.

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE IT CLEAR: THERE WILL BE NO VIOLENCE, NO RACISM, NO ANTI-SEMITISM, NO FLARES JUST PURE, PASSIONATE SUPPORT. SINGING FROM BEGINNING TO END. NOTHING MORE, NEVER LESS.

I really think we need this.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:32 pm

robinsonisgod7 wrote:
porthcawlcasual wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:

Ultras are tossers.

exactly

Hof,

My guess is that anti-Ultra's are old farts who sit about the stadium grumbling. But I don't want to get into that game mate. :ayatollah:

All I want is whats best for Cardiff, and I think most people if not every single one of them would agree that the atmosphere created last season was rubbish. And it needs to change.

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE IT CLEAR: THERE WILL BE NO VIOLENCE, NO RACISM, NO ANTI-SEMITISM, NO FLARES JUST PURE, PASSIONATE SUPPORT. SINGING FROM BEGINNING TO END. NOTHING MORE, NEVER LESS.

I really think we need this.

Sadly 24 yrs old is a kid to me these days. I'm all for a great atmosphere and passionate loud support but you don't have to have the name Ultra to do that. To quote a well known brand, just do it.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:34 pm

Who says we would have to be called Cardiff Ultras? Why not Blue Brigade or something similar? :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:36 pm

Oh Christ.....

Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:40 pm

[/quote]

I really think we need this.[/quote]

Sadly 24 yrs old is a kid to me these days. I'm all for a great atmosphere and passionate loud support but you don't have to have the name Ultra to do that. To quote a well known brand, just do it.[/quote]

Down with the kids!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

The way I see it, an individual will never be able to do something like this. Which is why an Ultra group would work well. Exceptionally well when you consider how great our support was/is. We already have the core, we just need the organisation and a leader.

I really think this will help take us forward along with the rebranding or at least make us a proper part of it.

Just think: World famous Cardiff City FC and their world famous Ultras - The Blue Brigade