Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Question

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:32 pm

If Malky Mackay bumped into you in the street tomorrow and said "I want to take Cardiff City FC to the Premier League. I will do so with players that will give everything for the fans and the club. We will fight tooth and nail for you. Will you give your support back to us or will you shun us?"

What would you say to his face?

Re: Question

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:39 pm

I really hope everyone would say yes :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:40 pm

Die Walkure wrote:I really hope everyone would say yes :ayatollah:

I would also like to think that we are secure enough as fans to know that this club is much more than a kit colour and our soul runs deeper than the colour of a top.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:40 pm

i would say i dont doubt that given the showing last season without any visable financial backing :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:41 pm

I'd ask him to watch where he was going the clumsy tw*t.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:44 pm

Easy answer , Yes. We support Cardiff City,,, do our players play for us only if we play in a particular colour?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:45 pm

harold pinta wrote:I'd ask him to watch where he was going the clumsy tw*t.

:lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:46 pm

Haha, granted, poorly worded question! Re-phrased, if Malky Mackay approached you etc etc... :D

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:47 pm

I along with everyone else would tongue his arse.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:48 pm

Karl wrote:I along with everyone else would tongue his arse.

You'd stop at the arse? Amateur.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:49 pm

i go to watch cardiff city,not a football shirt
never wanted the change mind.
but some things on here today makes us look like school kids.
threaDS SAYING THEY WANT CITY TO LOSE,we sold are souls
they love to city demoted.
calling other fans plastics,ffs grow up

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:51 pm

The rise of the term "slopes" is also embarrassing. Name-calling fellow fans purely because the said fans want the best for the club in their eyes?

Like we can all agree, this is not a change we want but it is a change that many are willing to endure provided we remain Cardiff City FC, play in Cardiff and have the same fans.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Zabier wrote:

Haha, granted, poorly worded question! Re-phrased, if Malky Mackay approached you etc etc... :D

I love the image of Malky shiftily walking around Caerau or Splott or whever jumping out on people, City fans or not, and telling them what his plans are. Then walking away doing the "I'm watching you" gesture.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:53 pm

harold pinta wrote:
Zabier wrote:

I love the image of Malky shiftily walking around Caerau or Splott or whever jumping out on people, City fans or not, and telling them what his plans are. Then walking away doing the "I'm watching you" gesture.

That's where the Malaysians went wrong see. If they recruited Malky to do this and say "Back us or else!" then the re-branding would have gone much more smoothly. :D

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Zabier wrote:The rise of the term "slopes" is also embarrassing. Name-calling fellow fans purely because the said fans want the best for the club in their eyes?

Like we can all agree, this is not a change we want but it is a change that many are willing to endure provided we remain Cardiff City FC, play in Cardiff and have the same fans.

Never heard of "slopes" what does that mean?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:54 pm

harold pinta wrote:
Zabier wrote:The rise of the term "slopes" is also embarrassing. Name-calling fellow fans purely because the said fans want the best for the club in their eyes?

Never heard of "slopes" what does that mean?

Not sure but I've seen it used quite widely today on Facebook and Twitter by anti-red fans in a derogatory tone. Maybe it means sloping off to support the Malaysians or something to that meaning?