Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: GWYN DAVIES

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:26 am

It doesnt matter how many years we are there the figures remain the same. Instead of promotion clauses there will be survival clauses just like Swansea have had topay out this season.

Either way we lose money - but we actually lose more in the Prem!

and with a ''prudent'' playing budget it doesnt seem like its a burning desire,

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:44 am

RoathMagic wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:They chose to ignore it - ive been saying it since day 1.

The problem will get worse not better, not even promotion will help.

£1.2 million a month + additional wages of new signings = maybe £1.5 million per month.

= £18 million of debt per year.

£18 million X 4 seasons = £72 million debt - back to square 1... just called the Dragons and wearing Red with the Malaysians owning all our real estate.

but on your logic, if we get up at some stage in the next 4 seasons, with the Premiership money, we'll be fine.

And that doesn't even begin to factor in any additional money we can get from other investors :ayatollah:

the future is bright....the future is red :ayatollah:

Not at all - look at the figures...

£38 million for promotion to the Premier League =

That would cover our £18 million shortfall that we would carry over with our current playing staff.... Cost of promotion (contracts being triggered be it personal ones or transfer ones) is £10 million - thats what the Jacks paid and thats what Blackpool paid. That is owed the instant you get promoted. The average spend for newly prooted teams just to compete is £13 million, again its what the jacks paid out this year. Additional annual wage bill that we would have to pay new and existing players due to the league we would be in, again ill use the average which is £15 million extra.

Income = £38 million
Outgoings = £57 million
-£19 million debt

As I said - not even promotion saves us.

No doubt our Outgoings would rise, but I would also say our income would be far greater than £38m. The Jacks got £45m from TV Money alone this season. There would also be gate receipts, sponsorship etc. May not be many shirt sales though.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:12 am

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:They chose to ignore it - ive been saying it since day 1.

The problem will get worse not better, not even promotion will help.

£1.2 million a month + additional wages of new signings = maybe £1.5 million per month.

= £18 million of debt per year.

£18 million X 4 seasons = £72 million debt - back to square 1... just called the Dragons and wearing Red with the Malaysians owning all our real estate.

but on your logic, if we get up at some stage in the next 4 seasons, with the Premiership money, we'll be fine.

And that doesn't even begin to factor in any additional money we can get from other investors :ayatollah:

the future is bright....the future is red :ayatollah:

Not at all - look at the figures...

£38 million for promotion to the Premier League =

That would cover our £18 million shortfall that we would carry over with our current playing staff.... Cost of promotion (contracts being triggered be it personal ones or transfer ones) is £10 million - thats what the Jacks paid and thats what Blackpool paid. That is owed the instant you get promoted. The average spend for newly prooted teams just to compete is £13 million, again its what the jacks paid out this year. Additional annual wage bill that we would have to pay new and existing players due to the league we would be in, again ill use the average which is £15 million extra.

Income = £38 million
Outgoings = £57 million
-£19 million debt

As I said - not even promotion saves us.

No doubt our Outgoings would rise, but I would also say our income would be far greater than £38m. The Jacks got £45m from TV Money alone this season. There would also be gate receipts, sponsorship etc. May not be many shirt sales though.

i think i am right in saying that our current revenue is about £18m? And there is f**k all tv money in that. so add that to the £40 million which is minimum (an extra £800k per higher place). clubs have also reported an extra £5m for sponsorship and LOCAL merchandise upon promotion. So maybe we are looking at a minimum of £60 million for total revenue.