Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GWYN DAVIES

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:37 pm

I must say your interview you did on BBC was brilliant and has totally changed my mind!

We only chant Bluebirds Away and we'll be in Blue!

Already got his Tattoo of the new badge booked.

Hisotrical debt will be (hopefully) wiped soon. And we have Malky Mackay :ayatollah:

Long Term Future is looking bright

Re: GWYN DAVIES

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:39 pm

:roll:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Did he slip Thailand flags in there somewhere?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:41 pm

CCFC_Lad wrote:I must say your interview you did on BBC was brilliant and has totally changed my mind!

Hisotrical debt will be (hopefully) wiped soon. And we have Malky Mackay :ayatollah:

Well said :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:41 pm

Any links?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:42 pm

The Lad wrote:Did he slip Thailand flags in there somewhere?

:lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:42 pm

CCFC_Lad wrote:I must say your interview you did on BBC was brilliant and has totally changed my mind!

Agree 100%…..onwards and upwards!! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:43 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-18337392

There you go! Also look at Vince Alms on Sky Sports

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0 ... 28,00.html

Sense. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:47 pm

we only sing bluebirds away ???

sorry cant agree with that,. what happens when the cardiff goalie come to his
goal every game, or we get a corner ?.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:11 pm

attention seeking media grabber...any mention of the club and hes straight on the tv....ffs give it up.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:13 pm

What about future debt? or dont we care?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:25 pm

spikey wrote:we only sing bluebirds away ???

Where did i say we only sing Bluebirds away? I did say when we sing it at away games we will still be wearing blue because that is our away kit, how that gets turned around to me supposedly saying we only sing bluebirds at away game is a bit odd.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:26 pm

RoathMagic wrote:

Eh? Once the historical debt is out of the way, we should be able to stand on our own two rhetorical feet!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:28 pm

Fair play to Gwyn - that was a great interview :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Gwyn is taking a lot of stick for essentially just being happy that the Cardiff City FC we all know and love won't be going under. I've got a lot of time for Gwyn and think some of the abuse he is getting is appalling. In fact, any abuse fans are chucking at fellow fans is pathetic. Everyone is entitled to their own view. The thing I have found funny is that fans are having a go at other fans for what is actually just fans wanting the best for the club in their own eyes.

We are all Cardiff City FC fans. Stop taking it out on each other so aggressively. There's no need. Grow up, discuss your views rationally and let's not let this debate tear the fan base in two.

BigGwynram wrote:

Where did i say we only sing Bluebirds away? I did say when we sing it at away games we will still be wearing blue because that is our away kit, how that gets turned around to me supposedly saying we only sing bluebirds at away game is a bit odd.

I thought you spoke a lot of sense Gywn, but there is no way I'm rushing out for a tattoo!
:o :o :D :D
Last edited by SBF1 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:29 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

Some people hear what they want to hear Gwyn.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:29 pm

That was my point sorry Gwyn! :oops:

And their 'debt' will be equity so when they want to sell the club it will be as shares, With no debt to the Malaysians standing.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:34 pm

SBF1 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

Eh? Once the historical debt is out of the way, we should be able to stand on our own two rhetorical feet!

How?

What happens to the £1.2 million a month we currently lose then?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:37 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

How?

What happens to the £1.2 million a month we currently lose then?

Yes, because I hope people realise that the 1.2 million a month contained no amounts used to service loans. A myth that many have tried to perpetuate.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:41 pm

They chose to ignore it - ive been saying it since day 1.

The problem will get worse not better, not even promotion will help.

£1.2 million a month + additional wages of new signings = maybe £1.5 million per month.

= £18 million of debt per year.

£18 million X 4 seasons = £72 million debt - back to square 1... just called the Dragons and wearing Red with the Malaysians owning all our real estate.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:42 pm

RoathMagic wrote:They chose to ignore it - ive been saying it since day 1.

£1.2 million a month + additional wages of new signings = maybe £1.5 million per month.

£18 million X 4 seasons = £72 million debt - back to square 1... just called the Dragons and wearing Red with the Malaysians owning all our real estate.

Little details too, like the fact the club will now have to pay over inflated prices and wages for players

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:48 pm

Isnt it funny when this is brought up it kills the thread dead - nobody wanting to comment - better to be oblivious.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:51 pm

Tbh even ive slagged gywn off vice versa but he does talk alot of sence in the interview weather people like it or not but theres always ifs and buts to debunk all hes said which is what most fans are worried about rite now and still huting from the change. I shall play the blue violin over and over still though.
:ayatollah:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:51 pm

but on your logic, if we get up at some stage in the next 4 seasons, with the Premiership money, we'll be fine.

And that doesn't even begin to factor in any additional money we can get from other investors :ayatollah:

the future is bright....the future is red :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:40 pm

Die Walkure wrote:

but on your logic, if we get up at some stage in the next 4 seasons, with the Premiership money, we'll be fine.

And that doesn't even begin to factor in any additional money we can get from other investors :ayatollah:

Not at all - look at the figures...

£38 million for promotion to the Premier League =

That would cover our £18 million shortfall that we would carry over with our current playing staff.... Cost of promotion (contracts being triggered be it personal ones or transfer ones) is £10 million - thats what the Jacks paid and thats what Blackpool paid. That is owed the instant you get promoted. The average spend for newly prooted teams just to compete is £13 million, again its what the jacks paid out this year. Additional annual wage bill that we would have to pay new and existing players due to the league we would be in, again ill use the average which is £15 million extra.

Income = £38 million
Outgoings = £57 million
-£19 million debt

As I said - not even promotion saves us.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:42 am

RoathMagic wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:

That would cover our £18 million shortfall that we would carry over with our current playing staff.... Cost of promotion (contracts being triggered be it personal ones or transfer ones) is £10 million - thats what the Jacks paid and thats what Blackpool paid. That is owed the instant you get promoted. The average spend for newly prooted teams just to compete is £13 million, again its what the jacks paid out this year. Additional annual wage bill that we would have to pay new and existing players due to the league we would be in, again ill use the average which is £15 million extra.

Income = £38 million
Outgoings = £57 million
-£19 million debt

But then again, you obviously have the drop on the Malaysian Billionaires, with your extensive business acumen eh?
LMFAO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:49 am

Thats all fact though.

Which bit of the figures that I state do you disagree with?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:49 am

SBF1 wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:

Income = £38 million
Outgoings = £57 million
-£19 million debt

But then again, you obviously have the drop on the Malaysian Billionaires, with your extensive business acumen eh?
LMFAO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: And he thinks they've only got a plan for us to be therre one year :lol:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:13 am

Why belittle his opinions and the evidence used. At least he's providing evidence for his views