Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Gwyn The truth please

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:00 pm

Gwyn will you please confirm or deny that 8000 new seats will be Red next May above the Ninian Stand ?

And can you please confirm or Deny next June and July the rest of the Stadium will be turned Red ?

And can you hand on heart and confirm or deny that we will not have a complete name change. Forget league rules can you say they have no plans to change our name one way or another ?

And can you say exactly why changing our colour and Name will make us successful ?

Can you answer the above honestly please Gwyn

Note for the rest i am not name calling or arguing any more on this subject, but just want Gwyn to answer these.

Re: FAO Gwyn The truth please

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:12 pm

A name change would not be acceptable.

The red seats is no big deal.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:15 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Gwyn will you please confirm or deny that 8000 new seats will be Red next May above the Ninian Stand ?

And can you please confirm or Deny next June and July the rest of the Stadium will be turned Red ?

And can you hand on heart and confirm or deny that we will not have a complete name change. Forget league rules can you say they have no plans to change our name one way or another ?

And can you say exactly why changing our colour and Name will make us successful ?

Note for the rest i am not name calling or arguing any more on this subject, but just want Gwyn to answer these.

Mae Gwyn yn yr ystafell gwelly nawr…………zzzzzzzzz

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Gwyn will you please confirm or deny that 8000 new seats will be Red next May above the Ninian Stand ?

:lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:20 pm

All fair questions. Except the name one, you cant just forget league rules. Name change will not and cannot happen.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:21 pm

Why are you asking Gwyn? Has he got a better crystal ball than the rest of us? Or is he the innermost of the new Inner Circle?

For what it's worth, in a day of club statements that said or explained very little, Alan Whiteley did say to Sky (on club site) that there are no plans to change the colour of the seats or the stadium. That may not be worth much - plans and pledges can change - but it is at least on the record, not whispered to a small group of representatives.

Die Walkure wrote:A name change would not be acceptable.

The red seats is no big deal.

agree, but I add a complete crest and identity change is not acceptable

Nukes your worse than me, lick your wounds and stick the welcome doormat on your back like the rest of them :lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:22 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:All fair questions. Except the name one, you cant just forget league rules. Name change will not and cannot happen.

That will be the end if the name changes?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:23 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:All fair questions. Except the name one, you cant just forget league rules. Name change will not and cannot happen.

That will be the end if the name changes?

You cant just change name its against rules.

I posted this morning the relevant FA Rule with a link to it.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:25 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:

Rwy'n gofyn y cwestiwn dick sblash

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:28 pm

Lads i just want Gwyn to answer those questions on here. Not having a go as Craig said fair questions.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:33 pm

i CAN HONESTLY SAY i AIN'T GOT A CLUE.

But if they want to waste their money changing seat colours then carry on, as long as that isn,t money they could spend on a player. As for having the news seats red and the existing ones blue, what an eye sore that would be.

As for a name change I think that would be mental, and I really don't think it would be allowed, but why lose a brand name, don't make any sense to me, and as for me knowing the answers, I really ain't that closely in the loop I promise you, be mad in my opinion.

As for a name change and colour change making us successful, well I've already given my opinion on a name change, but as for a colour change making us successful, I have never said it will and if it was as simple as that teams would be changing their colours weekly, all I can see is accepting the change to red at the mo, guarantees an investment we been crying out for. Things like a new training ground that is ours and we don't need to share with the Blues or the WRU and the extra funding for the academy has surely got to help in the long term, and he must have big ambitions for us if he wants to pay for a ground expansion, all these to me sounds like someone with a long term plan.

If the change of colour is not successful financially, then it affects Vt rather than us, because it's his money and his risk, but as I see it, if he ever wants a return or profit on his money, then he needs to make us a success to have any chance of that.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:36 pm

we need to be a success on the pitch first before off it..

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:37 pm

BigGwynram wrote:i CAN HONESTLY SAY i AIN'T GOT A CLUE.

But if they want to waste their money changing seat colours then carry on, as long as that isn,t money they could spend on a player. As for having the news seats red and the existing ones blue, what an eye sore that would be.

As for a name change I think that would be mental, and I really don't think it would be allowed, but why lose a brand name, don't make any sense to me, and as for me knowing the answers, I really ain't that closely in the loop I promise you, be mad in my opinion.

As for a name change and colour change making us successful, well I've already given my opinion on a name change, but as for a colour change making us successful, I have never said it will and if it was as simple as that teams would be changing their colours weekly, all I can see is accepting the change to red at the mo, guarantees an investment we been crying out for. Things like a new training ground that is ours and we don't need to share with the Blues or the WRU and the extra funding for the academy has surely got to help in the long term, and he must have big ambitions for us if he wants to pay for a ground expansion, all these to me sounds like someone with a long term plan.

If the change of colour is not successful financially, then it affects Vt rather than us, because it's his money and his risk, but as I see it, if he ever wants a return or profit on his money, then he needs to make us a success to have any chance of that.

very fair answers Gwyn :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:46 pm

If we're playing in red at home from now on then it only makes sense to gradually change the colour of the seats to red doesn't it? The new stand will be red and the exterior of the stadium will hopefully get a revamp, maybe the Lego bricks will be replaced with glass like originally planned?

I don't understand why people would be offended by red seats though, it's part of the progression of the brand (it will cost about £1,000,000 to change them)

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:12 am

How would you all feel if it turns out true they will change the seats red after saying they won't ?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:18 am

Steve, I can confirm that they plan to put an extra 8,000 seats in the ground above the Ninian Stand all Red. Then they have priced up to tear out every Blue seat and make the stadium a Red stadium, so there will be no going back, Tan hates the colour Blue, they are liars and Dictators.How far they go, I really fear.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Steve, I can confirm that they plan to put an extra 8,000 seats in the ground above the Ninian Stand all Red. Then they have priced up to tear out every Blue seat and make the stadium a Red stadium, so there will be no going back, Tan hates the colour Blue, they are liars and Dictators.How far they go, I really fear.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Just as i expected red shirts/red seats&stadium

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:43 am

They will have realised the fans are a pushover and any decision they make in the future will be met with little resistance which means they have their own song -

"we're malaysians we'll do what we want"

And the fans will have no say in it!

I can just picture the Red dragon mascot coming out with the team singing bread of heaven. "makes me sick"
They now have the freedom to do whatever they want due to a load of blinded welshmen.Future changes will be met with......It's non negotiable!..... like it or jog on.That is our future

Sad day

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:00 am

dazzyt wrote:They will have realised the fans are a pushover and any decision they make in the future will be met with little resistance which means they have their own song -

I can just picture the Red dragon mascot coming out with the team singing bread of heaven. "makes me sick"
They now have the freedom to do whatever they want due to a load of blinded welshmen.Future changes will be met with......It's non negotiable!..... like it or jog on.That is our future

Sad day

It's a very very sad time for our club, we have no pride.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:06 am

Forever Blue wrote:
dazzyt wrote:They will have realised the fans are a pushover and any decision they make in the future will be met with little resistance which means they have their own song -

Sad day

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Alan Whiteley has come out today and publicly stated seats will be blue..........Or is he lying to us as well :?:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:15 pm

Sad day

Good post.Even if the club wins something from now on then it will be a hollow glory and the result of a dictators cheque book. Most fans have stated that they had no alternatives but to accept the rebranding yet you watch how many of them buy the red shirt.I now really hate the Malaysians for what they have done to the fans and the club and no amount of glory will make me feel any different. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Sad day

it def looks like they want the WRU crowd at the ccs
will be a sad day RIP CCFC

Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Sad day

The Malaysians in my opinion have now ruined the club. The divisions they have caused between the fans will last for years and are deep rooted. For some fans the indignity of being driven into accepting rebranding by men who do not have any affinity towards football is a hard pill to swallow. I think that someone like yourself will have more than enough material for a new book and that the full story needs to be told. I would suggest the following title: The Bluebirds "Death of a Football Club". :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:How would you all feel if it turns out true they will change the seats red after saying they won't ?

Great Badge. Perhaps the motto should be changed to "Death and Dishonour"

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Alan Whiteley has come out today and publicly stated seats will be blue..........Or is he lying to us as well :?:
Lee i got told over a year ago and not by Carl or Annis either that they was going to make major changes and we would not like it. I didn't get more info of him of which i now regret. He then told me when all this broke and told me the whole picture. Yes i believe him that is why i have my stance. Then yesterday i was told more or less the same story by someone else. That is why i asked Gwyn those questions. (THERE IS MORE TO THAT BUT CANT SAY ON MB) Are they lying ? Well someone is but after the last statement i don't believe what the club is saying. But every question i asked Gwyn had an objective. Exactly where it leaves our club :?: :?: :?:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:51 pm

Thanks for clearing that one up then Steve :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:03 pm

So many drama queens in one place,the changes are here deal with it :roll: