Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sam Hamman

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:48 pm

I don't not have a clue why people are still blaming sam hamman for this debt, sam offered the malaysians to pay him 10m and the debt will be cleared but the malaysians said they will pay 3m upfront and 7m in the future so I for one will not be blaming any of this on sam as I believe that the man still loves the club as he was at wembley and wants to be involved so as for the people who think they are sky sports and know everything by blaming sam I think you should no speak fiction and only speak fact.

The new kits are decent
The new bagde is poor

Re: Sam Hamman

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:51 pm

and where do you get your facts from then :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:54 pm

grangetownblue96 wrote:I don't not have a clue why people are still blaming sam hamman for this debt, sam offered the malaysians to pay him 10m and the debt will be cleared but the malaysians said they will pay 3m upfront and 7m in the future so I for one will not be blaming any of this on sam as I believe that the man still loves the club as he was at wembley and wants to be involved so as for the people who think they are sky sports and know everything by blaming sam I think you should no speak fiction and only speak fact.

The new kits are decent
The new bagde is poor

No idea where people or why people can blame somebody whos taken 1/3 of what hes owed over a few seasons in payments tbh because if he said no he was told the club might die like us fans have been getting told by the scaremonger crew then people/ the owners would turn around and blame him eitherway thats how it works out there, but hes agreed to the terms and we all move on.
:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:56 pm

People can blame him for putting us in that much debt in the first place :?:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:56 pm

so who actually is to blame for our financial mess facts only please not thoughts :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:58 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:and where do you get your facts from then :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The same place where the Malaysians get theirs, We only had 20-29M debt pending on certain successes, When they arrived, yet wembley after wembleys more tv money than ever Our debt is now heading to the 80M ?????????????? Stinks!!!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:02 pm

ffs we owed langstons 24+mill since when so how do you get only 20/28 mill in total when they took over now whos a liar :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Sam Hamman is like Wonga.com and a debt advice centre rolled into one.

He lent us £100, the interest rates rolled up to £500, he then sorts you out a deal and wants you to settle for £300.

He loves the club so much that when he was offered to turn the debt note into shares he refused.......

He loves us so much that for years we never knew who Langston was.......

Don't always believe what you read on forums...

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:07 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:People can blame him for putting us in that much debt in the first place :?:

How else was we going to climb leagues thats like saying we was 30million odd in debt the day he left now we are a near 80milion and what have we achieved in the meantime f**k ALL for another 50million on top :shock:
No matter what people think about him he achieved something all the others have not which is getting us up the leagues thats the hard truth of it all and im no sam fan either.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:14 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:People can blame him for putting us in that much debt in the first place :?:

How else was we going to climb leagues thats like saying we was 30million odd in debt the day he left now we are a near 80milion and what have we achieved in the meantime f**k ALL for another 50million on top :shock:
No matter what people think about him he achieved something all the others have not which is getting us up the leagues thats the hard truth of it all and im no sam fan either.

but miss point where would we be if malasians hadnt come in?? as for moving up leagues we been going up down since i can remember and being honest we would be going down now as sam was not trusted by anyone so stadium would never be built as long as he was on board thats a fact! sam put 3mil in as far as i am aware so how does 3mil turn into 24 mil actual debt to langstone?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Lets get one thing straight the only reason sam has not agreed to settle this debt earlier is because he wants back in the club ,thats why hes tried to push this club to the brink a few times ,and if that had happened guess who would have stepped in and been our new saviour.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:and where do you get your facts from then :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The same place where the Malaysians get theirs, We only had 20-29M debt pending on certain successes, When they arrived, yet wembley after wembleys more tv money than ever Our debt is now heading to the 80M ?????????????? Stinks!!!

Posts like this Make me laugh, show me in any submitted financial accounts where the Malaysians are making matters worse, or taking money out??

Dear me :roll:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:22 pm

I think Sam Hammam has been put into a position where he will have to accept this new offer, otherwise he may never see that money again, and I certainly cant see him defeating Vincent Tan in this battle for money.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:27 pm

It is all Sam's fault we are in this position in the first place with his ridiculous spending back then and paying over the top wages.And allegedly borrowing off his own family with high interest rates.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:29 pm

Bowmonster wrote:It is all Sam's fault we are in this position in the first place with his ridiculous spending back then and paying over the top wages.And allegedly borrowing off his own family with high interest rates.

Lets go back to league 2 then if this is the case :shock:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:30 pm

Bowmonster wrote:It is all Sam's fault we are in this position in the first place with his ridiculous spending back then and paying over the top wages.And allegedly borrowing off his own family with high interest rates.

Totally agree, it started with Sam, come on spending over a million on Andy Campbell??? Please he was a joke.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:30 pm

:lol: dont say such awful things about the great one or people will think you ar anti progress! :P

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:32 pm

gabbs wrote:I think Sam Hammam has been put into a position where he will have to accept this new offer, otherwise he may never see that money again, and I certainly cant see him defeating Vincent Tan in this battle for money.

I agree gabs but if he didnt agree to the lesser terms so to speak who would the blame be pointed at if the malaysians turned around and said they couldnt agree things so there pulling out but finding new investment in the meantime, i dont think he wanted this but had no choice in it all. I find it amazing that people still blame him for the debt @30million while climbing the leagues yet they still blame him for it all when hes taking 1/3 of what hes owed in drip feeds over a few seasons :roll:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

but miss point where would we be if malasians hadnt come in?? as for moving up leagues we been going up down since i can remember and being honest we would be going down now as sam was not trusted by anyone so stadium would never be built as long as he was on board thats a fact! sam put 3mil in as far as i am aware so how does 3mil turn into 24 mil actual debt to langstone?

We been in this league since he left so we have not been going up and down as you say, you say he put 3million pound in to the club only :lol: the guy bought the club and wrote off more to start with. hes achieved more than any other owner thats the facts here with a debt of 30million so how can you even compare it to are 80million now we owe yet we have achieved nothing along the way for 50million ,As for the stadium you will find its in another name company name to are normal trading one ask the riddler why :lol: . why do people cover up the truth by side tracking.
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:39 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
gabbs wrote:I think Sam Hammam has been put into a position where he will have to accept this new offer, otherwise he may never see that money again, and I certainly cant see him defeating Vincent Tan in this battle for money.

I agree gabs but if he didnt agree to the lesser terms so to speak who would the blame be pointed at if the malaysians turned around and said they couldnt agree things so there pulling out but finding new investment in the meantime, i dont think he wanted this but had no choice in it all. I find it amazing that people still blame him for the debt @30million while climbing the leagues yet they still blame him for it all when hes taking 1/3 of what hes owed in drip feeds over a few seasons :roll:

Thats the only danger about the Langstone deal, what will happen if Sam says no?

But many people on here say, Sam loves Cardiff City, if thats true will he want to see the club die by declining this last offer?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:42 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

Thats what you blue boys want aint it, Make your mind up one minute your are anti Tan now you are saying we need them or it will be league 2 :roll:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Thats what you blue boys want aint it, Make your mind up one minute your are anti Tan now you are saying we need them or it will be league 2 :roll:

Where did i say we needed them? or league two?, YOU said sam started this ridiculous spending yet if he didnt do whats done then we would be in league two still and not having this convo i bet either thats my point tell me how else we was going to get where we are today or would you be happy if sam didnt show his face and we would be still in league 2 :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:51 pm

gabbs wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Thats the only danger about the Langstone deal, what will happen if Sam says no?

But many people on here say, Sam loves Cardiff City, if thats true will he want to see the club die by declining this last offer?

I have no idea if he loves the club or not im not a sam fan either tbh but just pointing out people are saying its his fault and the next breath they say the blue camp would rather stay blue in league two but if it wasnt for sam thats where we would still be thats the facts here. The other owners since then have achieved NOTHING bar another 50million debt yet we are still sittin in the same league the day sam left.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:51 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

We been in this league since he left so we have not been going up and down as you say, you say he put 3million pound in to the club only :lol: the guy bought the club and wrote off more to start with. hes achieved more than any other owner thats the facts here with a debt of 30million so how can you even compare it to are 80million now we owe yet we have achieved nothing along the way for 50million ,As for the stadium you will find its in another name company name to are normal trading one ask the riddler why :lol: . why do people cover up the truth by side tracking.

why do people think sun shines out of sams ass? more to the point fact council refused to deal with him because there was no transparency in his financail accounts! that is still a fact, who is langstone?? sam ?? vt god knows! and what about naming rights to stadium that is add on to langastone oops mean sams bill! hence no name for stadium whilst agree about way things are done at city sam is no better than any others we have had as owners at least malasains havnt taken money out of club yet???? meant been up down well before sam and because we havnt done so since him has got nothing to do with him has it? as players all gone now?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:58 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
gabbs wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

I have no idea if he loves the club or not im not a sam fan either tbh but just pointing out people are saying its his fault and the next breath they say the blue camp would rather stay blue in league two but if it wasnt for sam thats where we would still be thats the facts here. The other owners since then have achieved NOTHING bar another 50million debt yet we are still sittin in the same league the day sam left.

yes it was his dreams that started the rise of Cardiff City into the championship, but I think he is what's now holding this club back with this situation with Langstone, once that debt disappears, then we can see Vincent Tan pushing this club to the next level.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

why do people think sun shines out of sams ass? more to the point fact council refused to deal with him because there was no transparency in his financail accounts! that is still a fact, who is langstone?? sam ?? vt god knows! and what about naming rights to stadium that is add on to langastone oops mean sams bill! hence no name for stadium whilst agree about way things are done at city sam is no better than any others we have had as owners at least malasains havnt taken money out of club yet???? meant been up down well before sam and because we havnt done so since him has got nothing to do with him has it? as players all gone now?

Where is it i claim the sun shines from his arse, you talking about stuff hes let go now because hes taking a lesser payment which has been memtioned in this thread, again how can you compare 30million debt while climbing the leagues to another 50million on top of that while still being in the same league he left us in. The malaysians are no diffrent they will lie to the fans till there purple in the face thats been proven over two season with the old "theres money to get us promoted" every year plus TG/VT open letter which they went back on there word, i wonder how fans will feel and what will be said when these pair of triads rape us dry after changing everything they want along the way then sell up, will the sam haters be saying the same about them then YES THEY WILL thats the truth :roll:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:11 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
gabbs wrote:I have no idea if he loves the club or not im not a sam fan either tbh but just pointing out people are saying its his fault and the next breath they say the blue camp would rather stay blue in league two but if it wasnt for sam thats where we would still be thats the facts here. The other owners since then have achieved NOTHING bar another 50million debt yet we are still sittin in the same league the day sam left.

yes it was his dreams that started the rise of Cardiff City into the championship, but I think he is what's now holding this club back with this situation with Langstone, once that debt disappears, then we can see Vincent Tan pushing this club to the next level.

The debts been settled thats why the rebrand has gone ahead, as for VT hes no diffrent to any other owner they will blag us till there blue in the face as proven with pure lies :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:14 pm

grangetownblue96 wrote:I don't not have a clue why people are still blaming sam hamman for this debt, sam offered the malaysians to pay him 10m and the debt will be cleared but the malaysians said they will pay 3m upfront and 7m in the future so I for one will not be blaming any of this on sam as I believe that the man still loves the club as he was at wembley and wants to be involved so as for the people who think they are sky sports and know everything by blaming sam I think you should no speak fiction and only speak fact.

The new kits are decent
The new bagde is poor

The Malaysians have put in over 40 million so far and are happy to continue to bankroll another pile of money (100 million being quoted in some quarters) and have no intention of setting up a financial loan conpany like Sam the Sham did so he could charge abusive amounts of interest on money he and only he squanderd whilst leaving our Club hours from administration whilst he still milked for every last penny .
We had to sell of all our decent players Kavs,Earnshaw.Mcnaulf,etc as we where teetering on the verge of extintion but guess who was still coining it in ? yep Sam the Sham remember the brinkmanship he played out so well when he demanded 500k or he would let the Club sink with only minutes to go or have you conveniently forgotten ? what a nice guy and all along he just wanted to build us a Big new stadium! .....so he could rip off the council and fans just as he had done at Wimbledon so for f**k sake at least have a tiny idea of the dynamics of Cardiff Citys finances over the past 8 years and remember this the Malaysians are willing to turn any dept they bale us out from and are willing to turn it into equaty and not expect any loan repayment in exchange .

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:19 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
gabbs wrote:I have no idea if he loves the club or not im not a sam fan either tbh but just pointing out people are saying its his fault and the next breath they say the blue camp would rather stay blue in league two but if it wasnt for sam thats where we would still be thats the facts here. The other owners since then have achieved NOTHING bar another 50million debt yet we are still sittin in the same league the day sam left.

The debts been settled thats why the rebrand has gone ahead, as for VT hes no diffrent to any other owner they will blag us till there blue in the face as proven with pure lies :ayatollah:

its definitely been settled? in the statement today it says they have given Sam an offer, the club hope he accepts.

As with Vincent Tan, I think he has just had a rethink, which happens in business, going from blue at home back to his idea to red, which would see this club survive, rather than him just walking away.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:28 pm

The new kits are decent
The new bagde is poor

:shock:

So where does the high level of debt originate from :?

Sam lived the dream but simply couldn't pay for it. So he paid for it by taking out a loan from himself/family (Langston) and charged interest :roll: Make no mistake, even at the reduced rate Sam will not be out of pocket.

Now I'm not saying Sam is totally to blame but he, along with the Riddler who he employed, certainly left us owing more money than when they took over. He is certainly not blameless and, to this day, I'm still at a loss to work out what he spent that sort of money on in the 1st and 2nd divisions :o