Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Transfer Budget

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:34 pm

I think many fans seem to expect many marquee signings as a consequence of the re branding.

I hope I am wrong but I do not envisage large sums of money to be spent on re building. We have ' missed out' on several high profile targets, Sordell, Noone, Rodriguez, etc without pulling off any major signing. Early days so far but we have brought in a goalkeeper on a free and are 'negotiating for Keogh. I don't think that the club should throw money away but it would be nice to see a trusted, tested and decent striker in and a couple of wingers in if funds are available. We have not been linked with any winger so far.

Last year, our transfers outgoings were not a great deal of difference from our income, therefore little was spent. It will be interesting to see what happens in this close season and what ambitions there are. Another factor is for some to consider is that extra funds des not guarantee promotion and the club could be in the same bat in 3 years time. Let's hope that we are in the top Division! :ayatollah:

Re: Transfer Budget

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:39 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:I think many fans seem to expect many marquee signings as a consequence of the re branding.

I hope I am wrong but I do not envisage large sums of money to be spent on re building. We have ' missed out' on several high profile targets, Sordell, Noone, Rodriguez, etc without pulling off any major signing. Early days so far but we have brought in a goalkeeper on a free and are 'negotiating for Keogh. I don't think that the club should throw money away but it would be nice to see a trusted, tested and decent striker in and a couple of wingers in if funds are available. We have not been linked with any winger so far.

Last year, our transfers outgoings were not a great deal of difference from our income, therefore little was spent. It will be interesting to see what happens in this close season and what ambitions there are. Another factor is for some to consider is that extra funds des not guarantee promotion and the club could be in the same bat in 3 years time. Let's hope that we are in the top Division! :ayatollah:

This is what its been about for most of the red fans nothing else so i can wait to see these super stars sign for us because if we dont get any then suddenly the ones saying (we needed to change or die) talk some have spouting off will look rather silly to go with the lie everybody has already been told off TG open letter.
:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:47 pm

its got nothing to do with big name players for me as long as the club rids it debt thats good enough for me what ever division we play in champioship is a good standard there will be no garantees of promotion this league is difficult to get out of :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:48 pm

Im not expecting a huge amount of signings this summer unless we get the Chinese investors into the club which this re brand is all about in my opinion.

As soon as we get these Chinese investors in, then we will have a substantial budget to spend.

All this investment has done from Vincent Tan is to build the club up eg Stadium increase, training facilities, for when we do reach the premier league.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:53 pm

changing your mind does not make you a liar :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:56 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:changing your mind does not make you a liar :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: quote of the day :lol: And your the 1st person ive seen speak about this lie to us all , i can only thank you for that as all the others seem to have forgot, i wonder if the pretend money covers the lie up for the rest of the red gang or the thought of new players :roll:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:58 pm

what makes you think im a red :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: maybe my name gave it away :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:01 pm

Every year they have said that significant funds will be made available to build a squad capable of promotion to the premiership so don't expect anything more than last season or the season before because the message is exactly the same.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:01 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:what makes you think im a red :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: maybe my name gave it away :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: yea the funny thing is nobody is will to speak about this public lie on the red camp, if you go about we got 1000s of fans online with blue in there name wanting red so i wasnt going off your name :ayatollah:

bspark wrote:Every year they have said that significant funds will be made available to build a squad capable of promotion to the premiership so don't expect anything more than last season or the season before because the message is exactly the same.

That is correct also but only this time we got 100million for players some believe when we will be lucky to spend 5million on players :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:07 pm

5 mill on transfer fees will do for me but that would not include there wages so buying say 3 players for 5 mill will cost a lot more in the yearly budget get real ffs :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:14 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:changing your mind does not make you a liar :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: quote of the day :lol: And your the 1st person ive seen speak about this lie to us all , i can only thank you for that as all the others seem to have forgot, i wonder if the pretend money covers the lie up for the rest of the red gang or the thought of new players :roll:

U-turn in a business decision shocker!
Read all about it! :D