Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This in-fighting will last a very long time now....

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:20 pm

This Blue v Red issue will divide us for a very long time.

The discussion and disagreements have turned into vitriol and abuse bordering on the dangerous as it is such an emotive subject.

I thought Sam Hammam divided the fans but he had nothing on this.

I cannot see us being a united set of fans again, possibly even until the Malaysians have left.

It is a shame that we simply couldn't just market a red away shirt in Asia like QPR do, and play in blue at home to satisfy the local fans.

Getting to the Premiership won't end the resentment either.

There will be a lot of painful times ahead I think........

Re: This in-fighting will last a very long time now....

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Its civil war bruv.. :mrgreen:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:30 pm

Good post. There was no need for any of this. Just shows how stupid and arrogant the Malaysians are. Liars too. £100m ? :lol: A pig just flew past the window.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:35 pm

just another one in a long list.

Protestants vs Catholics
Roundheads vs Cavaliers
Alien vs Predator
Red Cardiff vs Blue Cardiff
etc

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:43 pm

hornet_fan wrote:just another one in a long list.

Protestants vs Catholics
Roundheads vs Cavaliers
Alien vs Predator
Red Cardiff vs Blue Cardiff
etc

Problem is that the Protestants vs Catholics have been fighting for centuries.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:46 pm

Its not even that bad yet. People are making it out like we are basically at war. We're not. Its sensationalism.

That said I said it would get messy after the original leak and could well be proved right

But it is boring. Nobody is budging. Back to football

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:47 pm

the blue fans will be fighting the red fans in the ground , a bit like that poland ukraine documentary .

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:52 pm

ccfc1981 wrote:the blue fans will be fighting the red fans in the ground , a bit like that poland ukraine documentary .

Propah nawty geezers

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Do I prefer Red to Blue, if that was the sole decision? No.

Do I agree with the change as a whole package? Yes, because I can see it's something that can help the long term future of the club, which for me is way more important than shirt colour.

Does that make me a disloyal fan? Any less of a fan than those against the change? Does that make me a sellout, turncoat?

Only in the eyes of people who want to have a superiority complex, that they are greater fans than everybody else.

It's not a simple decision to make, because simply changing the colour isn't the issue.

I can understand why people didn't want the change. I simply reserve the right to disagree with that view, without resorting to the usual bitching, moaning, namecalling that happens.

I think we're in for an exciting time as a club - I'm not driven by a desire for promotion - but I can see a lot happening off the pitch that will benefit the club long term.

Maybe its just me but I was expecting a far worse reaction. baring 2 or 3 its all pretty calm.

milly44 wrote:Maybe its just me but I was expecting a far worse reaction. baring 2 or 3 its all pretty calm.

Yep

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:08 pm

milly44 wrote:Maybe its just me but I was expecting a far worse reaction. baring 2 or 3 its all pretty calm.

could get 10 years if we say what we want to say :cry:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Blue side, ready!
Red side, ready!

Lets get ready to rumble!!!! :twisted: