Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FairPlay and the rebrand

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:10 pm

Like it or not Cardiff fans football is a business and sadly as much as we'd all love to see big names and premier football it's impossible without a viable business plan, the new plans will widen our revenue streams put our club on the map and help stop us getting transfer embargoes and point deductions under the new football league rules, the clubs that widen there revenue will be the ones that pay better salaries and attract better quality players the ones that don't move with the times will sink its a simple principle really!

This is the driving force behind these radical changes and anyone who reads the new rules thoroughly will understand the need for the club to evolve, I don't 100% agree with the plans and definitely don't like he new badge but for me the kit colour isn't the end of days as some proclaim, we have played most of our historic games in different colours with different badges, ie fa cup withs black kit and sams badge( very little uproar over this) an in 1927 in arguably our biggest game in our clubs history we played with a dragon on our crest nothing can hange these facts or the colours we played in does that mean our previous boards then destroyed our history as we used a different crest? Does that fa cup
Win not count towards our history as we had a dragon and not a bluebird?? Surely the guys against the change for historic reasons cannot see our cup win as part of our history cos we had a
Different badge??
Nonsense really when u look at it in that context isn't it, history cannot
Be changed and one day in the future when the club gets rebranded again cos mark my words it will it will be our children saying history will be destroyed but history cannot be destroyed it's always there
I for one am looking forward to the developments and the paying of historical debts from previous regimes( which most favour even though the club has been destroyed by the debt) and look forwar to ending our association with these that have been a poisoned chalce hanging over the club for some time, the new training grounds will be amazing and I hope Mackay gets players in before the official end of this season so that the spending doesn't count in next seasons budgets
The future is what we make of it and that future will
Form our future history and I hope it contains promotion to the PL I am
Excited and am buzzing, I will never forget the memories I have had over the last 15 years and look forward to adding more over the coming uears