Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DO ALL THE ANTI RED HAVE ANOTHER

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:40 pm

Way of keeping our club on the field of play every weekend ? Im sure we all know how loyal you all are, and how you want to keep the history of this great club alive. So what is your plan to get us out of the Red ,and into the black in the banks? and of course the Taxman and all the other creditors that will be after us as soon as VT walks away.

I for one dont want us th change to RED I have been wearing Blue and white for longer than most people on this board.
I think my first game was when I was 8/9 years of age. That was back in 1956/57 when I seen Cardiff City beat Mansfield utd
and even when I lived in another country I would still follow City as best I could. Do I want us in Red ? NO FKING WAY ! But I would prefer to lose a colour than my club. But the name they can never take from me while I know in my own mined that my club is still the Bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: DO ALL THE ANTI RED HAVE ANOTHER

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:33 pm

With all the mouthing off about going Red , not one of the Blue Guys has yet come up with an kind of Idea to stop us going under. and I put this up hours ago , but not one of you have put one Idea on here .

All mouth but no Ideas what so ever, which means ,you want to say blue at the cost of Cardiff City going out of Business. Great loyal fans you are !! :old:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:34 pm

8/9 years before 1956/7 was 1948

hmm.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:37 pm

We wouldnt go out of business thats the thing, its all overhyped to get us thinking our club wont survive without them

The Lad wrote:8/9 years before 1956/7 was 1948

hmm.

around 8/9, and I was born in 1949

welshcitydragon wrote:With all the mouthing off about going Red , not one of the Blue Guys has yet come up with an kind of Idea to stop us going under. and I put this up hours ago , but not one of you have put one Idea on here .

All mouth but no Ideas what so ever, which means ,you want to say blue at the cost of Cardiff City going out of Business. Great loyal fans you are !! :old:

its been asked many times by myself and others no they dont have any idea they are quite happy to see us in admin or worse and play in div 9th south! says a lot of there ambitions for the club we mite not like rebranding ect but at least we are realists with our situation! :P

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:39 pm

llanedeyrn-blue wrote:We wouldnt go out of business thats the thing, its all overhyped to get us thinking our club wont survive without them

get real how do you put 50mil+ into nothing??? because at moment we have zero ££££££s in account and 50mil+ debt!! that is fact if company as zero£££££s it goes bust that is fact we are no different!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:42 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:With all the mouthing off about going Red , not one of the Blue Guys has yet come up with an kind of Idea to stop us going under. and I put this up hours ago , but not one of you have put one Idea on here .

its been asked many times by myself and others no they dont have any idea they are quite happy to see us in admin or worse and play in div 9th south! says a lot of there ambitions for the club we mite not like rebranding ect but at least we are realists with our situation! :P

WE have to be or lose our club, they dont think about little kids now, if we carry on as we were, we would go under 100% for sure, then whats left for our children ? History ! No cos after a few years the kids would start to follow Man U , Man City , Liverpool and the Gunners and so on. All that would be left of Cardiff City would be a question Night in Swansea asking , 5 years ago there was a Team that played in Blue 20miles from here, WHO WERE THEY !

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:50 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

WE have to be or lose our club, they dont think about little kids now, if we carry on as we were, we would go under 100% for sure, then whats left for our children ? History ! No cos after a few years the kids would start to follow Man U , Man City , Liverpool and the Gunners and so on. All that would be left of Cardiff City would be a question Night in Swansea asking , 5 years ago there was a Team that played in Blue 20miles from here, WHO WERE THEY !

thats what i dont get about anti malasians on here, they wont accept that without there intervention we would be dead as ccfc but they say thats ok as long as we are blue! wheres the logic? what is difference with new colours at least we are cardiff city!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:56 pm

llanedeyrn-blue wrote:We wouldnt go out of business thats the thing, its all overhyped to get us thinking our club wont survive without them

YES WE WOULD !! Why do you think VT was putting in 1mill on month ? it was to keep us going

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:02 pm

Agree with you guys it's admin this afmin that, no one has come up with a
Constructive plan without going red

For starters FairPlay rules would see us with transfer embargoes and points deductions, possible relegation followed by olayer sales to cut wages decreased revenue and further debt, admin wouldn't work as these new fair play rules are fonna make it so tough to get promoted from
Lower leagues without high revenue streams to pay wages!
Look at Darlington massive stadium relegated from conference only going to get worse for them as they'll never get the revenue to pay good wages, and don't say investment as from next season onwards it's capped hence why the full takeover is happening prior to June 30th end of current season

No one has a decent plan blue and conference south with 1000 crowds and no way back to higher ledges other than sheer luck and basically heavy reliance on youth squads, youth will be the only way to cheaply get out of leagues and stay within wage limits its going I be tough for teams not maximising revenue I would rather be red and going for building this club into something colossal than bust in oblivion with no sign of a return to what we see as fans these days! I'll wait or the usual plastic comments but I don't see it as plastic wanting your team to progress to the pinnacle league in our system that's what clubs aspire to do not go backwards

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:07 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:

YES WE WOULD !! Why do you think VT was putting in 1mill on month ? it was to keep us going

However many times we say it, it seems some will just stick their heads in the sand and ignore plain facts.

Onwards and upwards :ayatollah:

After today, we now have a bright future :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:23 pm

Die Walkure wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:

However many times we say it, it seems some will just stick their heads in the sand and ignore plain facts.

Yes I believe with VT and the others getting us back into the black , our future will get brighter and brighter as I think we have the Manager to take us to the prem. For the first time , in a long time it all looks to be in place for us.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:24 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:Agree with you guys it's admin this afmin that, no one has come up with a

For starters FairPlay rules would see us with transfer embargoes and points deductions, possible relegation followed by olayer sales to cut wages decreased revenue and further debt, admin wouldn't work as these new fair play rules are fonna make it so tough to get promoted from
Look at Darlington massive stadium relegated from conference only going to get worse for them as they'll never get the revenue to pay good wages, and don't say investment as from next season onwards it's capped hence why the full takeover is happening prior to June 30th end of current season

No one has a decent plan blue and conference south with 1000 crowds and no way back to higher ledges other than sheer luck and basically heavy reliance on youth squads, youth will be the only way to cheaply get out of leagues and stay within wage limits its going I be tough for teams not maximising revenue I would rather be red and going for building this club into something colossal than bust in oblivion with no sign of a return to what we see as fans these days! I'll wait or the usual plastic comments but I don't see it as plastic wanting your team to progress to the pinnacle league in our system that's what clubs aspire to do not go backwards

Brilliant analysis my sentiments exactly :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:29 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:Agree with you guys it's admin this afmin that, no one has come up with a

Very interesting.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:35 pm

Yer Its true what Die Walkure said , no matter what you tell them ,they would still keep there heads in the sand. It makes no matter how blue you are, but when the creditors come called and beating at your door ,then somethings have to give way. and that is us ! as it is now with all the money coming in from Mr VT and his group we have a firm ground to build our future on. At the end of the day Not one of them have come up with any kind of plan. I can see them shouting as they are going under , I AM BLUE AND BLUE I WILL STAY! THEN THEY SINK WITHOUT A TRACE AND OUR HISTORY WITH THEM :old:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:39 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:

Yes I believe with VT and the others getting us back into the black , our future will get brighter and brighter as I think we have the Manager to take us to the prem. For the first time , in a long time it all looks to be in place for us.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The only thing that I wish they would change would be that idea of yours for the crest - with the Dragon holding up a flag with a bluebird on it - that would be perfect :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:49 pm

What you mean this one ? But with a Bluebird on the flag ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:55 pm

Costcutting, living within the means, not throwing more cash at another dream that doesn't appear to be sustainable in the long term.

Losing over a million a month because we are spending money we don't have and in the end it's getting us nowhere. Changing the colour of the jerseys is not going to change that.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:00 pm

Of course theres an alternative.

We are losing £1.2 million a month and still are and still will be even after the so called investment so the problem isnt solved anyway and will be back in £75 million debt in 5 seasons time whether we get promoted or not...

SELL in order to operate at break even by getting people off the wage bill and to spend transfer fees on paying back loans - Mason, Whitts, Hudson, Miller and Earnie - The money we would get for Whitts and Mason can pay off Langston straight away. The money from Hudson, Miller and Earnie can go to Tan which would be around £7 million. Instead of spending our season ticket money 12 months before we get it we can actually have a period where we dont have to do this die to debts being settled.

So from the season after we can give our ST money to Tan for 4 seasons until its paid off. Also get rid of the highliy paid directors that sponge off us.

5 years down the line - debt free, still bluebords ad we can start again.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:07 pm

We owe Tan £40m anyway, so he won't be going anywhere soon. It's not as if we can pay it back.

I'm not against the Malaysians, and I'm in complete agreement that without them we would have gone out of business a couple of years ago.

What I still fail to grasp is why this re-branding is so important to secure additional funding/sponsorship.
Surely the most important thing is to have a team in the premiership.
If we could get into the premiership, that's what would make us attractive to investors, not having a red shirt.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:08 pm

Owain wrote:We owe Tan £40m anyway, so he won't be going anywhere soon. It's not as if we can pay it back.

I'm not against the Malaysians, and I'm in complete agreement that without them we would have gone out of business a couple of years ago.

What I still fail to grasp is why this re-branding is so important to secure additional funding/sponsorship.
Surely the most important thing is to have a team in the premiership.
If we could get into the premiership, that's what would make us attractive to investors, not having a red shirt.

Its probably cause its someone favourite colour

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:17 pm

PtB wrote:Costcutting, living within the means, not throwing more cash at another dream that doesn't appear to be sustainable in the long term.

Losing over a million a month because we are spending money we don't have and in the end it's getting us nowhere. Changing the colour of the jerseys is not going to change that.

Could it simply be that a lot of these current costs are due to bad management, before the Malaysians took over?
I think its pretty much "common knowledge" that PR, when in charge, went about thing like a drunken sailor, & we are still experiencing the repercussions of his financial management today.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:18 pm

Oh so now we have come to the conclusion that if we spend less than we recieve then we will be ok....... nobody seems to be interested.

Turn a blind eye and keep gambling then is it? ? :roll:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:39 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Oh so now we have come to the conclusion that if we spend less than we recieve then we will be ok....... nobody seems to be interested.

:lol: its a gamble being in premier league as no club gets relegated without being in debt! so hey may as well try join the rest of footballs elite!!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:43 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:Oh so now we have come to the conclusion that if we spend less than we recieve then we will be ok....... nobody seems to be interested.

:lol: its a gamble being in premier league as no club gets relegated without being in debt! so hey may as well try join the rest of footballs elite!!

1. We arent in the Premier League
2. Theres a team down the road that operate at break even.