Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fans Vs Supporters

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:01 pm

I have been trying over the past few weeks to analyse some of the reactions and responses regarding the proposed, now confirmed changes.
Fans = Fanatics. These appear to be posters to have an obsession with the football club that overrides everything. They spend hours posting. Anything that is at odds with their wants, demands, expectations of the club is totally unacceptable. They probably invest time, money and emotion into CCFC that they would not consider giving to anything else in their lives.

Supporters = Heave a keen interest in the football club but is balanced between other interests and activities find it difficult to relate to Fans.

Others = Pretend to be Fans to generate reaction, have no real connection or commitment to CCFC but enjoy generating a response (usually a negative one) This makes them feel involved/important/meaningful they probably have few real friends and find it hard to establish relationships.

Message boards are the principle vehicle of Fans and Others.

Just an observation, but helps me put some of the more bizarre statements on here into context.

Now bring on the scorn! LOL

Re: Fans Vs Supporters

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:11 pm

norfolkblue wrote:I have been trying over the past few weeks to analyse some of the reactions and responses regarding the proposed, now confirmed changes.
Fans = Fanatics. These appear to be posters to have an obsession with the football club that overrides everything. They spend hours posting. Anything that is at odds with their wants, demands, expectations of the club is totally unacceptable. They probably invest time, money and emotion into CCFC that they would not consider giving to anything else in their lives.

Supporters = Heave a keen interest in the football club but is balanced between other interests and activities find it difficult to relate to Fans.

Others = Pretend to be Fans to generate reaction, have no real connection or commitment to CCFC but enjoy generating a response (usually a negative one) This makes them feel involved/important/meaningful they probably have few real friends and find it hard to establish relationships.

Just an observation, but helps me put some of the more bizarre statements on here into context.

Trying to anaylse Cardiff City fans is a lost cause mate, if I were you I'd try something a little simpler like detecting the Higgs-Boson partical.

Re: Fans Vs Supporters

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:13 pm

norfolkblue wrote:I have been trying over the past few weeks to analyse some of the reactions and responses regarding the proposed, now confirmed changes.

analyze this BILLY no MATES (piss off.) :ayatollah: CCFC bring on the scorn! ;) ;)