Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What would a protest achieve?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Positives of a Protest:

It would show that the fans are passionate about their traditions, and about their club heritage.

Negatives of a Protest:

It will not make any difference to the outcome (as we've already seen).
It will drive a wedge between the clubs owners and the fans.
It will divide the fans (as it would appear has already happened).
Could eventually force the major backers to walk away, leaving us with no club at all, whatever the colour of the kit.

Add to the lists as you see fit!

The facts are, we're a loss making club that needs financial backing, or thre would be no club at all. Some (a lot!) don't like the fact that we have changed shirt colours and the detailing on our crest (me included), but the reality is 'do, or die'.

It's an easy statement to make, but try not to let passion cloud the bigger picture of having a club at all!

Re: What would a protest achieve?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:35 pm

It's not as clear cut as that. Fans are hurting and raging!! This isn't over. The club need to get hold of the fans leaders now to install some calm. One minute you have annis saying today I'm a happy Cardiff fan. The next thing he's in bits!!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:39 pm

pauly_gee wrote:Positives of a Protest:

It would show that the fans are passionate about their traditions, and about their club heritage.

Negatives of a Protest:

Could eventually force the major backers to walk away, leaving us with no club at all, whatever the colour of the kit.

The facts are, we're a loss making club that needs financial backing, or thre would be no club at all. Some (a lot!) don't like the fact that we have changed shirt colours and the detailing on our crest (me included), but the reality is 'do, or die'.

It's an easy statement to make, but try not to let passion cloud the bigger picture of having a club at all!

Positive is I'd feel a bit happier knowing I at least tried to stop the Malaysians from changing us and stood up for what I believed in instead of rolling over.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:42 pm

The best way to protest would be to not buy the shirt.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:26 pm

antill_dunning wrote:
pauly_gee wrote:Positives of a Protest:

Negatives of a Protest:

Positive is I'd feel a bit happier knowing I at least tried to stop the Malaysians from changing us and stood up for what I believed in instead of rolling over.

Taking the feeling of rage away though, you say about trying to 'Stop' the Malaysian owners - where would that leave the club financially? The likelyhood is it would mean the club folding due to being unable to maintain it's debts - would you be happy with that?