Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I'm A Little Nervous Today

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:26 pm

Even though I am not really surprised that the change in colours and club crest has been announced for the forthcoming season, Why? because it was always going to happen once we got over the initial shock.

So why do I feel nervous? I think it's because deep down I'm not comfortable with the thought of watching my team play week in week out in a colour that I don't associate with the club. But having said all of that I know that I can overcome that and as such I can and will fully embrace the change because at the end of the day it's nothing more than a marketing experiment and I don't know if as a marketing experiment if it's a good or bad idea. I also don't know if it will be a success or not, who can?

But one thing I do know is that on Saturday 18th August Cardiff City FC will start the 2012/13 season in the Championship and I WILL be there to watch my team. Whatever colour shirts the team are wearing nothing will change the way a feel about our club.

My father always told me fans support the team and the players should play for the fans and the people who run the club do just that.

In short as fans we should look only to affect what we can affect and that is by giving 100% support to the team and the manager. At the end of the day the rest i.e. Langston, Training Ground, Debts etc will all take care of themselves.

Today is not and end of anything and as far as I'm concerned it's just the start of the next chapter in our history.

Bring it on I say whatever the colour of shirt or club crest. Just bring it on.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: I'm A Little Nervous Today

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Ha ha as the post went on you were getting more confident :lol:

When I read the Statment I wasnt surprised as we all knew. I had one hell of a strange feeling after it though. It feels weird. I agree with everything the Malaysians are trying to do as I have said before, if we don't change then it's all over and this is nailed on.

Still feels like I'm cheating on my mrs or something. :lol:

Of course I wouldn't know what that feels like :D just a guess like 8-)

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:39 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:Ha ha as the post went on you were getting more confident :lol:

When I read the Statment I wasnt surprised as we all knew. I had one hell of a strange feeling after it though. It feels weird. I agree with everything the Malaysians are trying to do as I have said before, if we don't change then it's all over and this is nailed on.

I'm delighted we have got the investment, but like you I feel something just doesn't seem right and the thought of wearing red will be wierd.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:47 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Canton stand baz wrote:Ha ha as the post went on you were getting more confident :lol:

I'm delighted we have got the investment, but like you I feel something just doesn't seem right and the thought of wearing red will be wierd.

Tony to be honest I felt terrible when we left Ninian Park as it felt like a 2nd home to me but when I left for the last time I knew it was for the last time and it felt like someone in the family had just died.

This isn't the same because we can go back to wearing blue again in the future and right now securing this new investment is more important to me than the colour shirt our team wears.

But as I said I feel nervous on the one hand but on the other delighted TG & VT are putting forward this new investment.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: