Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The new badge!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:01 pm

ALL BADGE DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE!

Edited the kit sticky to include the picture.

so thought I'd add the club crest here as well. Thoughts?

In Welsh that would have read " Tan Ac Angerdd " - Missed a marketing opportunity there? :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Merlin on Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged

Re: The new badge

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:03 pm

Theres something about it, i dont know what, but i like it :ayatollah:

Still rather the other badge tho

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:07 pm

i think that badge is dreadfull

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:09 pm

It's alright. Better than what Sam was gonna change it to back in the day.

Re: New Kit and Badge= Disappointment

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:11 pm

The kit designs aren't that bad. The badge on the other hand could have had more effort put in.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Why didn't the designer - have the outer thicker shield in the Blue instead - would have taken the over use of RED away!

Only the dragon needed to be red!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:16 pm

Both are ok.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:18 pm

I like it and think its more modern than the old basic boring one on my arm :|

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:26 pm

I find it painfully observed that Some Cardiff City Fans think this utter embarrassment of a badge is acceptable... :x

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:30 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:I find it painfully observed that Some Cardiff City Fans think this utter embarrassment of a badge is acceptable... :x

Its my/our opinions that wont change because you dont like it..

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Merlin wrote:Why didn't the designer - have the outer thicker shield in the Blue instead - would have taken the over use of RED away!

I think he/she ran out of crayons :roll:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:43 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Merlin wrote:Why didn't the designer - have the outer thicker shield in the Blue instead - would have taken the over use of RED away!

I think he/she ran out of crayons :roll:

I wouldn't have guessed they'd have ordered too much blue ink, seeing as we were (or should I say - they were) trying to move away from it!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:47 pm

the kit would look nice with out the beermat design badge......if a bit more effort had been put into it i think i would deffo have got the new blue one....but unsure atm

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:52 pm

It just does not look right.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:55 pm

The badge is awful.

It looks like it was cobbled together at the last minute by a child using google images on their laptop.

Both kits aren't much better either.

Re: The new badge!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:42 pm

There was no sign of a bluebird on there was there?

I wonder what the fans thought when the club badge was changed back then. Think about the history that the fans lauded on the club in those days.

Has anyone read the book "Who moved the cheese"? Change is not a bad thing. If we can forget about ourselves for a moment then we can get excited about a brand new fresh start for the club and for the players.

I remember when Huddersfield build the McAlpine Stadium - the new start brought them promotion in their first season. When we moved to the CCS we reached Wembley and narrowly failed to reach the playoffs. We don't need to like the badge/kit we just need to support it. Personally I like both but only because the bluebird remains in a token format.

Can't we forget about the selfish thoughts of us and get behind this change. The players will be proud to play with the new kit/badge knowing that the supporters are behind them 100%. A renewed hywl that will take them that extra step to the promised land of the Premier League.

By the way - I'm 45, been supporting the City since I was 7 years old and have experience the darkness of the bad old days - how many times have City threatened to fall out of existence?

If we were told that the doors of the CCS were closing tomorrow and Cardiff City FC were to cease existing. Would we all then pray for someone to come in and rescue the club without any concern for their plans & ambitions?

We're Cardiff City guys - ALL of us stand behind our club with no exception.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:50 pm

The kits are ok, but I hate this badge. I think the shape of it is horrible and don't see the need to incorporate the yellow with the red. Agree with Merlin that the outer bit should be Blue. Oh well, onwards and upwards :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:58 pm

Merlin wrote:ALL BADGE DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE!

Edited the kit sticky to include the picture.

so thought I'd add the club crest here as well. Thoughts?

In Welsh that would have read " Tan Ac Angerdd " - Missed a marketing opportunity there? :lol:

would look look alright on a shirt at a 70,s disco.everybody was kung fu fighting.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:39 pm

With all the modern day technology this is pathetic, would be perfect for a rugby shirt, must have taken the child who drew it 30 minutes and considering these changes will give us more fans/money internationally surely more effort could have been done. Hate it. Bluebirds

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:26 pm

:oops:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Thats sh*t !!! What r they doing to OUR club !!!!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:04 pm

I think there will be a new badge for the 13-14 season

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:10 pm

I reckon badge and kit will evolve until it settles with something that the majority are happy with. The Sam version was pants but I can't remember the vitriol being spouted then. Ride the storm and see where it takes us. Overall I think it fine and I can find much more important things in life to worry about

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:37 pm

Should have left the yellow out of the badge!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:50 pm

I hate it with a vengeance :evil:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:53 pm

It's a cool design.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:56 pm

Don't really like it, I think we'll see it modified in the coming years. The dragon should be original rather than just taking the Welsh flag.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Why go further than this badge.I'm in the red camp but that new badge is cheap.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:20 pm

I like this one , But with the Bluebird on the flag that the dragon is holding.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:02 pm

RFMH wrote:Don't really like it, I think we'll see it modified in the coming years. The dragon should be original rather than just taking the Welsh flag.

my thoughts exactly.

TG. errrr lets design a badge.

Tan. ok, stick the Welsh dragon on it from the national flag.
TG. Oh, ok.

TG. Oh shit, I forgot, what about the Bluebird?

Tan. Just stick a small one in at the bottom.
Keep 'em happy.

TG. whaheyyy. Sorted.

Tan. when should we tell them it's 100 million Ugandan Shillings?

TG. wait till the January transfer window opens...