Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO: Gwyn and Others in the Red Camp ...

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:46 pm

Gwyn leave it out mate and do the honourable thing and stop gloating. You have got what you wanted so be victorious graciously. You wrote:

"Bluebird 1977 is going to arrange a protest, so here's your chance to show your dislike of the red shirt and investment and rally together to either drive the Malaysians away or at least get them to withdraw the investment, can you also let all the protesters know your plan B to keep the club afloat and possibly move forward should your mass protest succeed."

I deal with principles and not personalities ... I hope we can share a coffee and a chat in the future. My point is: There were selected fans (leaders? ... 'No!') who were taken into the Club's confidence (what a joke!) and have had more of a discussion with the Club (two meetings and a courtesy phone call) than me a fan of 55 years, season ticket holder for approaching 40 years and shareholder. As I’m feeling now I won’t be at a demonstration or involved in a campaign. My thoughts are more of whether I'll even see City play again after what has taken place. A leadership that has used financial and emotional blackmail to drive this through, with leaks to selected, high profile fans’ leaders (joke!), will not take any notice of a demonstration no matter how many attend. As they said in the two meetings to you at your chat with Club Officials the issue was, ‘non-negotiable.’ Why waste my time and breath on those who are not listening?

“Time to stand up and be counted and visible, you have a leader so put up or shut up, but please just stop winging and do something positive and constructive other than just moan.”

I don’t want or need a leader, as you suppose, certainly not one forced upon me; I just want a common courtesy of being taken into the decision making process of the Club that my Father took me to in the mid 1950's. This I have been denied. You bring up the matter of whinging. No-one, has whinged more than you since the West Ham (a) game and through your status given you by the Club have had a platform to air your views that 99.99% of fans have not been given. You have what you wanted. Superstition has taken the place of 104 years of history and heritage.

StT.

Re: FAO: Gwyn and Others in the Red Camp ...

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:49 pm

Well put there Steve , have to say :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

On another note though wasnt Hitler a great leader in his own way ? :lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:53 pm

Steve that's gywn all over, because I posted that people are talking of protests all over the internet he claims I'm some fans leader as my opinion is diffrent to his :lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:53 pm

no doubt he'll be on the news again tonight spotlight grabbing (again) saying it was right etc ...well not to me it aint .

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:05 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Steve that's gywn all over, because I posted that people are talking of protests all over the internet he claims I'm some fans leader as my opinion is diffrent to his :lol:

Pot, kettle and black springs to mind here. Unless of course you can find me one quote where Gwyn has claimed himself that he is a fans leader??

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:07 pm

likes to think he is,on the tv enough saying what WE should do...his opinions!!!.... not mine.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:10 pm

Corkrey wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Steve that's gywn all over, because I posted that people are talking of protests all over the internet he claims I'm some fans leader as my opinion is diffrent to his :lol:

Pot, kettle and black springs to mind here. Unless of course you can find me one quote where Gwyn has claimed himself that he is a fans leader??

I have nothing against Gwyn; he's a mate and will always be so. However he could easily have declined the meetings he attended with Club Officials.

StT.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:17 pm

d20 wrote:likes to think he is,on the tv enough saying what WE should do...his opinions!!!.... not mine.

So you have never said 'I think we should sign' this player or that player? It's a figure of speech, that doesnt mean you are deciding on who gets signed.

All this fans leader stuff is nonsense. My old man regularly gets calls from the press asking him his opinions. It's not their fault. Have you heard someone start by saying 'first of all I would just like to start by saying I am not a fans leader and this is just my own opinion'. What some people are suggesting is madness. Certain people asked before others because of what they have done for the club. I can assure Gwyn, Vince and others do more than you or I can ever imagine for the club and this gets recognised by the press and the club on times which is why they are asked.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:21 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:
Corkrey wrote:

I have nothing against Gwyn; he's a mate and will always be so. However he could easily have declined the meetings he attended with Club Officials.

StT.

Why should he though, on the basis that people would portray him as a fans leader, come on lets be honest it's ridiculous.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:23 pm

Gwyn is entitled to his opinion wether its on tv on here or in his kitchen :lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:40 pm

And utter oaf of a man. Liable to label you a 'paedo' or a Forest fan for standing up to him.

Its okay though, the Malaysians will have him well looked after for his recent hard work

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:43 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:Gwyn leave it out mate and do the honourable thing and stop gloating. You have got what you wanted so be victorious graciously. You wrote:

"Bluebird 1977 is going to arrange a protest, so here's your chance to show your dislike of the red shirt and investment and rally together to either drive the Malaysians away or at least get them to withdraw the investment, can you also let all the protesters know your plan B to keep the club afloat and possibly move forward should your mass protest succeed."

I deal with principles and not personalities ... I hope we can share a coffee and a chat in the future. My point is: There were selected fans (leaders? ... 'No!') who were taken into the Club's confidence (what a joke!) and have had more of a discussion with the Club (two meetings and a courtesy phone call) than me a fan of 55 years, season ticket holder for approaching 40 years and shareholder. As I’m feeling now I won’t be at a demonstration or involved in a campaign. My thoughts are more of whether I'll even see City play again after what has taken place. A leadership that has used financial and emotional blackmail to drive this through, with leaks to selected, high profile fans’ leaders (joke!), will not take any notice of a demonstration no matter how many attend. As they said in the two meetings to you at your chat with Club Officials the issue was, ‘non-negotiable.’ Why waste my time and breath on those who are not listening?

“Time to stand up and be counted and visible, you have a leader so put up or shut up, but please just stop winging and do something positive and constructive other than just moan.”

I don’t want or need a leader, as you suppose, certainly not one forced upon me; I just want a common courtesy of being taken into the decision making process of the Club that my Father took me to in the mid 1950's. This I have been denied. You bring up the matter of whinging. No-one, has whinged more than you since the West Ham (a) game and through your status given you by the Club have had a platform to air your views that 99.99% of fans have not been given. You have what you wanted.[b] Superstition has taken the place of 104 years of history and heritage.

StT.
[/b]

Do you really think VT is investing £100 million due to superstition?? i don,t think there is one cardiff city fan who did not want to stay blue (including gwyn) but what choice do we have??? i have followed the city for 40 years and in all that time we have dreamt of having a welsh suggar daddy to invest in the club, many have talked the talk but no one walked the walk, we have stumbled from one financial mess to the next decade after decade, VT has a vision for the club, now only time will tell if he is right or wrong, in the mean time he is bank rolling our club to the tune of £1.2 million a mounth for the last two years just to keep us afloat, do you seriously think he would continue doing so indefinitely if he was knocked back on his plan??? and if he was do YOU know of a suggar daddy in waiting?????

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:11 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:And utter oaf of a man. Liable to label you a 'paedo' or a Forest fan for standing up to him.

Its okay though, the Malaysians will have him well looked after for his recent hard work

You put yourself up there for all to see as a pedo, your post stated it was ok and funny to post about having sex with 12 year old girls and that if they were old enough to bleed they were old enough to breed, now others seen this post, so do you think I need to put a name to your actions.

If the cap fits wear it, you posted you views and opinions on underage sex, I along with others simply read it.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:11 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:And utter oaf of a man. Liable to label you a 'paedo' or a Forest fan for standing up to him.

You put yourself up there for all to see as a pedo, your post stated it was ok and funny to post about having sex with 12 year old girls and that if they were old enough to bleed they were old enough to breed, now others seen this post, so do you think I need to put a name to your actions.

If the cap fits wear it, you posted you views and opinions on underage sex, I along with others simply read it.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:16 pm

Corkrey wrote:

StT.

Would that have helped Steve? do you think my attendance swung things either way, you must have a bigger opinion of my importance to matters than I ever have, can't see for the life of me, how my attendance at a meeting mattered a jot.
Mind you, if I have helped to play a part in securing our future then I'd be more than pleased to think I played a part, but to be honest I'm just happy the club may finally get some stability.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:22 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Corkrey wrote:

StT.

Would that have helped Steve? do you think my attendance swung things either way, you must have a bigger opinion of my importance to matters than I ever have, can't see for the life of me, how my attendance at a meeting mattered a jot.
Mind you, if I have helped to play a part in securing our future then I'd be more than pleased to think I played a part, but to be honest I'm just happy the club may finally get some stability.

I notice you say 'may' so aren't you totally convinced yourself now ?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:26 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

That's f*cking garbage, and you know it - unless you think I'm Baker which, given your stuidity, wouldn't surprise me.

In reality, I have several eye witnesses who can vouch for what I said - ironically, what I said was 180degrees away from what you claim. Seems you don't only do u-turns, you fabricate them too.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Corkrey wrote:
Corkrey wrote:

StT.

Why should he though, on the basis that people would portray him as a fans leader, come on lets be honest it's ridiculous.

I have to agree with you there, I see no reason why Gwyn should turndown an invitation to attend a meeting with the club. He may not represent the views of all fans, but he certainly has the same view as many fans (including me) and I am happy for him to speak on my behalf and I have told him that.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:57 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:Gwyn leave it out mate and do the honourable thing and stop gloating. You have got what you wanted so be victorious graciously. You wrote:

Wrong Steve, what I wanted was to keep the blue shirt but also have all the investment and backing that we are getting from the Malaysian's, but that wasn't offered with out the red shirt plan, so unfortunately like so many other real and concerned Cardiff fans, I was prepared to accept the red shirt if that's what was needed to achieve stability and rid us of our debts. As for having a go at Bluebird 1977, yes major go, because people like him who moan winge and criticise but do nothing positive, offer no alternative and just hope others fight their battles for them, do my head in.

People go on about me having a platform to air my opinions, and they are MY opinions, I never say I'm a fans leader or I speak for others, possibly the reason the media give me a platform is because in the past I have been pro active, I am more of a dooer than a planner or dreamer, perhaps that's why i keep getting invited to meetings and being interviewed, do you think for one second that i ask to be invited or ask to be interviewed, you of all people should know me better than that.

The only fans who I know of taken into their confidence was Vince, and if any fan has earnt the right to be part of things, then he's the man, I would think they wanted to gauge his view and opinion and ask for advice on how to handle it. The first I new of this was at the meeting that night, beside for the internet on the bus home from West Ham where most of it thought it was poor internet gossip and stirring.As for being selected to attend these or similar meetings Steve, I am sure there are a lot of deserving fans who feel they should have input, but the way to do that surely is through joining or setting up groups such as the Trust or supporters club or running a forum or organising travel etc. I can't see how the club could be any fairer to be honest and we have more fan involvement and communication with our club than many a team in the league set up. If you think that the club should talk to the oldest or longest serving fans as a criteria then put that view forward, you will then have the young ones saying, "who's that old fogey, he doesn't speak for me" a no win situation.

I don’t want or need a leader, as you suppose, certainly not one forced upon me; I just want a common courtesy of being taken into the decision making process of the Club that my Father took me to in the mid 1950's. This I have been denied. You bring up the matter of whinging. No-one, has whinged more than you since the West Ham (a) game and through your status given you by the Club have had a platform to air your views that 99.99% of fans have not been given. You have what you wanted. Superstition has taken the place of 104 years of history and heritage.

[color=#804000]Again Steve, if you think the criteria for being consulted goes down to age or time served, then put it to the club, and as for being given a platform by the club to air my views, it isn't the club that ring me and ask for comments and interviews it's the newspapers, radio and Tv companies themselves, and if you feel that's unfair then ask them to phone you.
But as for the courtesy of being taken into decision making, how long would it take the club to do that with over eighty thousand fans on a data base, would it be more courteous if the consulted you and not the rest of the fans.?

StT. [/color]

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:14 pm

StT.

Great post :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:21 pm

StT.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:26 pm

Gwyn you just a fan like the rest of us

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:34 pm

Drama queen.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:34 pm

“Wrong Steve, what I wanted was to keep the blue shirt but also have all the investment and backing that we are getting from the Malaysian's, but that wasn't offered with out the red shirt plan, so unfortunately like so many other real and concerned Cardiff fans, I was prepared to accept the red shirt if that's what was needed to achieve stability and rid us of our debts. As for having a go at Bluebird 1977, yes major go, because people like him who moan winge and criticise but do nothing positive, offer no alternative and just hope others fight their battles for them, do my head in.
People go on about me having a platform to air my opinions, and they are MY opinions, I never say I'm a fans leader or I speak for others, possibly the reason the media give me a platform is because in the past I have been pro active, I am more of a dooer than a planner or dreamer, perhaps that's why i keep getting invited to meetings and being interviewed, do you think for one second that i ask to be invited or ask to be interviewed, you of all people should know me better than that.”
“The only fans who I know of taken into their confidence was Vince, and if any fan has earnt the right to be part of things, then he's the man, I would think they wanted to gauge his view and opinion and ask for advice on how to handle it. The first I new of this was at the meeting that night, beside for the internet on the bus home from West Ham where most of it thought it was poor internet gossip and stirring.As for being selected to attend these or similar meetings Steve, I am sure there are a lot of deserving fans who feel they should have input, but the way to do that surely is through joining or setting up groups such as the Trust or supporters club or running a forum or organising travel etc. I can't see how the club could be any fairer to be honest and we have more fan involvement and communication with our club than many a team in the league set up. If you think that the club should talk to the oldest or longest serving fans as a criteria then put that view forward, you will then have the young ones saying, "who's that old fogey, he doesn't speak for me" a no win situation.”
“Again Steve, if you think the criteria for being consulted goes down to age or time served, then put it to the club, and as for being given a platform by the club to air my views, it isn't the club that ring me and ask for comments and interviews it's the newspapers, radio and Tv companies themselves, and if you feel that's unfair then ask them to phone you.
But as for the courtesy of being taken into decision making, how long would it take the club to do that with over eighty thousand fans on a data base, would it be more courteous if the consulted you and not the rest of the fans.?”

Gwyn, I am not saying that the 80,000 fans on the data base should be polled; that's daft as some have probably only seen a game or two. Are you a Shareholder of Cardiff City? I am and not a word was said to us from the Club to gauge our response to these matters. I say again not ONE WORD was forthcoming from the Club even to we shareholders whilst selected fans knew far more. This is simply wrong for shareholders to be kept in the dark over such fundamental matters. Shareholders, Season Ticket holders, Supporters' Club members, Trust members and Away Travel Groups should have been consulted in that order. Yes Vince was told of the proposals in March, I believe, but you were one of a group of fans invited to two meetings with Club Officials and, I think, phoned prior to today’s announcement. The Club is going away from us.

Gwyn, I'm feeling pretty hurt at present and just a word: your funny (sic) post about away travel restrictions for next season only made that hurt even more acute. Give it a rest mate.

StT.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:41 pm

Some body give this guy a hug.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:17 pm

Corkrey wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Steve that's gywn all over, because I posted that people are talking of protests all over the internet he claims I'm some fans leader as my opinion is diffrent to his

Pot, kettle and black

How original that saying is even your new sheppard gwyn would be proud of that one :roll:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:57 pm

You do come across like a full fans leader WANNABE

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:05 pm

cakey-8t7 wrote:

You do come across like a full fans leader WANNABE

:lol: then the internet has 1000s of them if people are judged over some pixels on a screen.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:51 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

That's f*cking garbage, and you know it - unless you think I'm Baker which, given your stuidity, wouldn't surprise me.

In reality, I have several eye witnesses who can vouch for what I said - ironically, what I said was 180degrees away from what you claim. Seems you don't only do u-turns, you fabricate them too.

Well you need to tell that to a lot more people than me, never said you found Bakers post funny did you and it was only a joke and ok in your eyes, and then go on to say that yes once a girl is old enough to bleed, then she's old enough to breed.
Yes we are all aware it was bakers post originally, but you were the one saying it was ok and funny rather than condemning it.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:53 pm

On the whole who should be told thing I believe a poll should have been cast among the season ticket holders. I also believe that the whole fans leaders should be voted for into that position but it could cause more havoc to be honest :ayatollah: :ayatollah: