Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RIP THE REAL CARDIFF CITY

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Thats it for me iM out, as stated early since day 1 I dont want to be part of franchise rebranding. rED Seats will be next. Its not for me I have met some fantastic people over the years since mid 80's watching CCFC but the club as I know it has now died. Im absolutly gutted to be honest. Im in the 7percent who will be walking thats prob over 1,500 die hards who do not want to be part of the new order.

Re: RIP THE REAL CARDIFF CITY

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:21 pm

You will not be missed....!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:24 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Thats it for me iM out, as stated early since day 1 I dont want to be part of franchise rebranding. rED Seats will be next. Its not for me I have met some fantastic people over the years since mid 80's watching CCFC but the club as I know it has now died. Im absolutly gutted to be honest. Im in the 7percent who will be walking thats prob over 1,500 die hards who do not want to be part of the new order.

Met you a few times and been on a couple of away's with you too.
Shame when decent fans feel like this. :(
I will accept the change, as I don't see the point of changing a habit I enjoy, over a colour? (as much as I would like to have stayed blue)
Good luck to you mate! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:30 pm

I cant tell you how close I was to making that decision. When all this first broke out I was a mess and I nearly said 'I'm out'.

Couldn't bring myself to it though, but this season I will only attend the first home game and that's it And i'll be wearing BLUE. Not buying ANYTHING or doing ANYTHING with the club. I'll see what happens next summer then. If we are re named them i'm out, if we change back to blue then i'm over the moon

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:35 pm

Ooooh Ohhhh look at me everyone,IM OUT!!! :roll:

you'll be there first game just like everyone else :roll:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:47 pm

6 bysedd wrote:Ooooh Ohhhh look at me everyone,IM OUT!!! :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:54 pm

:roll:

You came "out" a while ago. :D

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:57 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Thats it for me iM out, as stated early since day 1 I dont want to be part of franchise rebranding. rED Seats will be next. Its not for me I have met some fantastic people over the years since mid 80's watching CCFC but the club as I know it has now died. Im absolutly gutted to be honest. Im in the 7percent who will be walking thats prob over 1,500 die hards who do not want to be part of the new order.

It's a shame you feel like that, hopefully time will be a healer and you'll be there for the city again one day!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:58 pm

I disagree with your viewpoint, but respect the fact you feel a need to do something about it.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:59 pm

I wouldnt consider people walking away from the club as die hard fans :roll:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:16 pm

Watching since the mid 80s - not a real die hard then - should have seen some of the crap I have - walk away my arse !!!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:18 pm

CCFCMorris wrote:

I wouldnt consider people walking away from the club as die hard fans :roll:

I agree with this - but if this is your opinion and the actions you feel you need to take, then I respect your decision.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:20 pm

Good riddance.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:21 pm

I could never turn my back on my football club, I dont go to support the colour shirt they play in, I o because they are my home town club, they represent my city, they represent the people of Cardiff, they represent the feel good factor when we win and the downs when we lose,if it means our club is going to be financially stable and a chance to grow then I am well happy, been going down since 1969 ANDbelieve me i HAVE SEEN SOME DARK DAYS, THIS FOR ME REPRESENT A BRIGHT FUTURE.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:22 pm

Do you honestly feel worse today than you did the day Kav was sold? When all of our prized assets were at risk of leaving because of the financial mis-management that Sam brought with him.

That was an awful day in the history of our club. Not knowing if it would still be there on the Monday morning!

This decision means that our club will definitely be there on Monday morning and beyond. And it's still our club because long after VT and TG have gone we'll still be there and if you're honest with yourself you know you will be too!

BLUEBIRDS!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:25 pm

This. Or he'll be crawling back if we reach the prem.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:29 pm

I'm with you on this one my friend. As a 12 year old die hard Cardiff rugby fan I was reluctantly taken to watch the City by my uncle, we lost 2-0 at home to Cambridge I think it was and since then I have been hooked. Passion, excitement, backs against the wall but still supporting those players til the final whistle.

In those days it wasn't about winning it was about comradary, it was about being a bluebird, going to away matches and being proud to support Cardiff City even if we were a load of f.ucking shite. Going away on holiday with my Cardiff City BLUEBIRD badge on show and being f.ucking proud.

Now we are just a sell out, franchise, souless brand, ten years ago if I had said some Asians would come into our club and dictate to the Cardiff fans I would have been laughed out of Cardiff.

People say, we have to change to survive, do you really think this re-branding is going to bring in that much money, let's be honest people in Malaysia couldn't give a f.uck about Cardiff City and changing the colour of the shirt and the badge is going to nothing to change that.

What happened to looking after the local fans and attracting more, instead we are pandering to a bunch of Asians, what a total joke.

People are throwing threats around, "I won't go to the ground again" etc etc and a lot will eventually give in but I can categorically say that as long as we play in red and have that joke of a badge I will never set foot in the CCS again.

Please refrain from calling me "not a true fan" because trust me I have been one of the staunchest Cardiff City fans around but the Cardiff City I love doesn't exist anymore.

Enjoy Franchise FC people.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:42 pm

You're not alone in this, and personally I think the number will be a little more than 7%. Unfortunately we won't be missed though as our numbers will be replaced by the new breed of plastics that they want. The days of the die-hards stood on the terraces frightening the life out of opposition players and supporters with their vociferous chants are long gone, the new stadium was the first phase of getting rid of these types of supporters, and this rebranding is the next.... and I honestly believe that within three seasons the club name will change too(and please, nobody spout that 'it cannot be done after Wimbledon' crap at me.... Money talks) to finally rid the club of any of the Old Guard that remain.

I can't believe this day has come as I love the City with all my heart, and have had many, many good years watching the Bluebirds through good times and bad, but I, like you, will never set foot inside the ground or spend another penny on the club again as long as we remain the Red Dragons and play in Red.... MY Cardiff City died today.... RIP Bluebirds....

And NO... I will not return if the Red Dragons get to the Premiership as it was never about that for me, it was about the love of my club and the camaraderie of the terraces....

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:53 pm

sorry you feel that way, just cannot see how you do, we still have a football club, we are still the same fans, our history hasnt been taken away, but yes if you do feel bad, then best to stay away, just in case you sit near me, cant cope with the moaners down the city.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:06 pm

langley wrote:sorry you feel that way, just cannot see how you do, we still have a football club, we are still the same fans, our history hasnt been taken away, but yes if you do feel bad, then best to stay away, just in case you sit near me, cant cope with the moaners down the city.

We still have a football club but it may aswell be Man City, I feel no connection to this new Franchise whatsoever. I am not going to have a go at people who want to support them, good luck to you but I can't do it.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:14 pm

ELY BOY wrote:We still have a football club but it may aswell be Man City, I feel no connection to this new Franchise whatsoever. I am not going to have a go at people who want to support them, good luck to you but I can't do it.

Agreed, I too wish those that remain all the best, I just hope they don't live to regret their decisions to support the Malaysians today, in a few years to come, especially if they decide to completely rebrand, lock, stock and barrel....

Let's hope there is a little of our club left in years to come so that the next owners(of which there will be) have something tangible to work with, and hopefully reverse, so that once again the Mighty Bluebirds may play in the Blue of the city with the Bluebird flying high.....

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:41 pm

I agree Andy mate. :ayatollah: <----------------ayatollah, next thing to go.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:29 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Good riddance.

You cocky little fucker ,just respect his decision ok

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Xcasual wrote:

I've just had enough of you lot acting if the world is going to f*cking end.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:53 pm

North Wales Blue wrote:You will not be missed....!

Who the f**k are you to say that to him.

North Wales Blue my arse.

Go and support your local club you wetwipe.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:59 pm

Andy1927 wrote: and I honestly believe that within three seasons the club name will change too(and please, nobody spout that 'it cannot be done after Wimbledon' crap at me.... Money talks)

Well, given you seem to believe Tan et al have so much influence over the FA, FL to be able to get regulations overturned, guess we'll be in the Prem quickly. After all, they'll use their power to cause it to happen...

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:13 pm

Same here mate. I know i will feel no allegiance to a team that runs out with that wrexham-esque badge on a red shirt at home. I want no part of it. I sincerely hope what remains of my club does well and for those of you who continue to go that you taste some real success at last. But ist not for me - football has finally dissappeared up its own arse.

For those of you who say im a plastic or good riddance im sorry you have such little respect for those who disagree with you. For us CCFC bluebirds doesnt exist anymore

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:18 pm

ElGwapo wrote:Same here mate. I know i will feel no allegiance to a team that runs out with that wrexham-esque badge on a red shirt at home. I want no part of it. I sincerely hope what remains of my club does well and for those of you who continue to go that you taste some real success at last. But ist not for me - football has finally dissappeared up its own arse.

For those of you who say im a plastic or good riddance im sorry you have such little respect for those who disagree with you. For us CCFC bluebirds doesnt exist anymore

Actually both still very much exist. Can't believe the drama queens out there. Think about it and what effect a change of kit really has on your life. Does it effect war, sickness, poverty? Blue still the away kit too. life's far too short

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:22 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Xcasual wrote:

I've just had enough of you lot acting if the world is going to f*cking end.

You dont even go to the games ffs :roll:

I kno Evo only by following City around the country and it is not good ridance at all.

He once gave me a lift to Darlington even though he barley knew me.

Thats what it was like back then.

You plastic sell outs will never unserstand that some things are more important than success at all costs.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:24 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
ElGwapo wrote:Same here mate. I know i will feel no allegiance to a team that runs out with that wrexham-esque badge on a red shirt at home. I want no part of it. I sincerely hope what remains of my club does well and for those of you who continue to go that you taste some real success at last. But ist not for me - football has finally dissappeared up its own arse.

Actually both still very much exist. Can't believe the drama queens out there. Think about it and what effect a change of kit really has on your life. Does it effect war, sickness, poverty? Blue still the away kit too. life's far too short

Don't you see Carpe??? This is China's plan to conquer the world! First they'll do it by changing City's home top to red! Then all the songs the players run out to, will be Chinese propaganda music, then they'll change stewards for Chinese soldiers, have Chinese military drones fly around the stadium and slowly take each club on the entire British Isle!!!

They've been planning this since the Cold War ended! Notice how there's so many Chinese takeaways in pretty much all Cities/towns/villages!! Mark my words, this is the end of us I tell ya! :old: