Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: So there ISNT actually 100 million then?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:51 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Chip shop Alley wrote:Fook me what's going on in here! If you stick to the topic you will find that polo's point is factual. I see a lot of people hating on him because he explains himself really well and a lot of blockheaded individuals will deem him as a bad egg. But he has a point. Firstly the 100 mill. This is a non guaranteed amount , theres also no guarantee at this moment in time that the malaysians will turn our debt into equity/shares, they will only do so ONCE they start recieving positive revenues. In this case if the kit in asia goes tits up and the majority of malay ccfc sians decide to get fake kits thus not covering our current finances they could well seek other investors which could mean a multiple of things(I have hope that those with an indigo Quebec can figure that bit out for themselves)
Transfer kitty : I'll get straight to the point here with this one. For you "special Individuals" who think that after turning red we are gonna spend millions on players, prepare to be bitterly disappointed & I'm looking forward to those future contradictory posts and people waiting outside Carl's house with their pitchforks & flaming torches at how his information didn't turn out how it should've (his info btw is about as thorough as it gets on the interwebs and big thumbs up for committing the time/effort to do so)
So here's the possible math (non factual my opinion bla bla) 50mill VT DEBT (inc.7% interest?)10 mill. Langston. 8 mill. Training facilities. 1 mill. Advertising. 1.5mill * 12 Debt. = we've been screwed in the anus.

I'm being realistic. How about you?

He went O/T as he didnt have the answers so hardly explained himself and he had nothing factual.. I've not read any posts from anyone saying we were going to spend millions, and where was it said he the debt to equity will take place based on new revenue streams? Where do you all get this info from as it seems to me it's all made up to scare people into turning their back on the new plans. I'm all for opinions and debate but all I'm hearing from the anti Malaysian camp is what ifs and maybes, plus a lot of we know best attitude that is based in nothing but conjecture and supposition.

And if 100m is getting screwed in the anus, how would you describe the carnage if they choose to leave us high and dry? How realistic is that for you?

Were they not the figures mentioned by the club at the 2 fans meetings the week that this fiasco was leaked? Or did thousands of people just imagine that, and were happy for the change to happen with no incentive

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:56 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Chip shop Alley wrote:Fook me what's going on in here! If you stick to the topic you will find that polo's point is factual. I see a lot of people hating on him because he explains himself really well and a lot of blockheaded individuals will deem him as a bad egg. But he has a point. Firstly the 100 mill. This is a non guaranteed amount , theres also no guarantee at this moment in time that the malaysians will turn our debt into equity/shares, they will only do so ONCE they start recieving positive revenues. In this case if the kit in asia goes tits up and the majority of malay ccfc sians decide to get fake kits thus not covering our current finances they could well seek other investors which could mean a multiple of things(I have hope that those with an indigo Quebec can figure that bit out for themselves)
Transfer kitty : I'll get straight to the point here with this one. For you "special Individuals" who think that after turning red we are gonna spend millions on players, prepare to be bitterly disappointed & I'm looking forward to those future contradictory posts and people waiting outside Carl's house with their pitchforks & flaming torches at how his information didn't turn out how it should've (his info btw is about as thorough as it gets on the interwebs and big thumbs up for committing the time/effort to do so)
So here's the possible math (non factual my opinion bla bla) 50mill VT DEBT (inc.7% interest?)10 mill. Langston. 8 mill. Training facilities. 1 mill. Advertising. 1.5mill * 12 Debt. = we've been screwed in the anus.

He went O/T as he didnt have the answers so hardly explained himself and he had nothing factual.. I've not read any posts from anyone saying we were going to spend millions, and where was it said he the debt to equity will take place based on new revenue streams? Where do you all get this info from as it seems to me it's all made up to scare people into turning their back on the new plans. I'm all for opinions and debate but all I'm hearing from the anti Malaysian camp is what ifs and maybes, plus a lot of we know best attitude that is based in nothing but conjecture and supposition.

And if 100m is getting screwed in the anus, how would you describe the carnage if they choose to leave us high and dry? How realistic is that for you?

Were they not the figures mentioned by the club at the 2 fans meetings the week that this fiasco was leaked? Or did thousands of people just imagine that, and were happy for the change to happen with no incentive

The 100m yes, but not that we were spending millions on players. My understanding was that the bulk was to be used to clear debt and build infrastructure. Not sure what your point is?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:04 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

The 100m yes, but not that we were spending millions on players. My understanding was that the bulk was to be used to clear debt and build infrastructure. Not sure what your point is?

Was it not relayed by those at the meeting that Malky would be provided with a 'war chest' to gain promotion?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:14 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Was it not relayed by those at the meeting that Malky would be provided with a 'war chest' to gain promotion?

So if that were true, bearing in mind nothing official has ever been stated re amounts for team building as far as I'm aware, then define "war chest"? £1m or £5m or £0.5m? More or less? My point is we simply don't know yet so many posters are on here spouting nonsense as they've done their own sums or they know what's going to happen next. Today was the first day of a long term plan. Why don't we enjoy the ride and see what happens next, especially wrt signings, as opposed to peddling doom and gloom and filling in the blanks with our own conspiracy theories?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:19 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

He went O/T as he didnt have the answers so hardly explained himself and he had nothing factual..

he did you just didn't understand it...

I've not read any posts from anyone saying we were going to spend millions,

Do Some backtracking & all will be revealed....

and where was it said he the debt to equity will take place based on new revenue streams?

We are currently down 1.5 ish mill. a month... TG stated we cant go on like this. So do you honestly think that if these sales fail they will still turn the (probably by then 65,000,000 fao VT) debt into equity?

Where do you all get this info from as it seems to me it's all made up to scare people into turning their back on the new plans.

cant turn your back on something that is already in motion. scaremongering is not my intent. I encourage the malaysians to invest but look at the bigger picture or are you a case of "the emperors new clothes?"

I'm all for opinions and debate but all I'm hearing from the anti Malaysian camp is what ifs and maybes, plus a lot of we know best attitude that is based in nothing but conjecture and supposition.

I am not "anti malaysian" i'm being realistic

this is where words like "emotional blackmail" become fitting.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:30 pm

Chip shop Alley wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

He went O/T as he didnt have the answers so hardly explained himself and he had nothing factual..

he did you just didn't understand it...

I've not read any posts from anyone saying we were going to spend millions,

Do Some backtracking & all will be revealed....

and where was it said he the debt to equity will take place based on new revenue streams?

We are currently down 1.5 ish mill. a month... TG stated we cant go on like this. So do you honestly think that if these sales fail they will still turn the (probably by then 65,000,000 fao VT) debt into equity?

Where do you all get this info from as it seems to me it's all made up to scare people into turning their back on the new plans.

cant turn your back on something that is already in motion. scaremongering is not my intent. I encourage the malaysians to invest but look at the bigger picture or are you a case of "the emperors new clothes?"

I'm all for opinions and debate but all I'm hearing from the anti Malaysian camp is what ifs and maybes, plus a lot of we know best attitude that is based in nothing but conjecture and supposition.

I am not "anti malaysian" i'm being realistic

this is where words like "emotional blackmail" become fitting.

Seems you took a lot of time over that but I'm afraid Polo never explained anything, it was all opinion not based on fact. You keep saying you're being realistic but are you really? Everybody seems to know the sums better than the billionaire business men from Malaysia. Do you not see the irony?

I'll take your word for it that some are getting carried away with us blowing millions on transfers but I don't think we will. But then let's wait and see and discuss in August with facts.

So what is the Malatsians don't turn the debt to equity? The interest owed is paid by themselves - wooden dollars but done thus way for tax and accounting purposes. If the debt grows to 65m, does it make such a difference to where we are now? Do you think we have a way back as it stands?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:54 pm

Seems you took a lot of time over that but I'm afraid Polo never explained anything, it was all opinion not based on fact.

He did, your just in denial :D oh & there's this:-

Forever Blue wrote:
polo wrote:Reading that statement there is no guaranteed 100 million at all.

Sold your soul for 100 pieces of silver which turned out to be chocolate money.

Correct Polo, there is no guarantee and when I asked if there was a guarantee they said they could not.

You keep saying you're being realistic but are you really? Everybody seems to know the sums better than the billionaire business men from Malaysia. Do you not see the irony?

So here's the possible math (non factual my opinion bla bla)

I'll take your word for it that some are getting carried away with us blowing millions on transfers but I don't think we will. But then let's wait and see and discuss in August with facts.

congrats, I applaud thee

So what is the Malatsians don't turn the debt to equity? The interest owed is paid by themselves - wooden dollars but done thus way for tax and accounting purposes. If the debt grows to 65m, does it make such a difference to where we are now? Do you think we have a way back as it stands?

After Deciphering your grammar I can only say this "what if" they move on and we then have to pay them back whats rightly owed to them? with 7% interest. just think about it? can you definitely say that this will never happen?

I am being realistic & i'm not alone.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:43 am

Chip shop Alley wrote:
Seems you took a lot of time over that but I'm afraid Polo never explained anything, it was all opinion not based on fact.

Forever Blue wrote:

Correct Polo, there is no guarantee and when I asked if there was a guarantee they said they could not.

You keep saying you're being realistic but are you really? Everybody seems to know the sums better than the billionaire business men from Malaysia. Do you not see the irony?

congrats, I applaud thee

After Deciphering your grammar I can only say this "what if" they move on and we then have to pay them back whats rightly owed to them? with 7% interest. just think about it? can you definitely say that this will never happen?

Yes there were a few typos but as usual with people like you when you struggle with the argument you concentrate on trivial details to deflect from the underlying nonsense you are spouting. So grow up a bit if you want a grown up debate.

Polo saying there is no 100m is not fact until we see how it works out. You seem obsessed with 7% interest. You clearly are not a business person and have no understanding of accounting yet are arrogant enough to call yourself a realist. Pessimist more like. As I started my thread with, all you have is supposition and conjecture. And no I can't definitely say what will or won't happen but then neither can you. We are already I'm just prepared to trust those who know how to run a business and deal with major finance as opposed to those who make the most noise but have zero substance. No your not alone, but feeding each other nonsense does not make you right.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:20 am

Oops more grammar issues but I'm sure you got the gist. Sorry one final point. The level of debt is already at a level where we have nowhere to go. But it's all on paper and backed by the Malaysians. If they walk away today we are screwed. If they walk away after racking up a bigger debt then we are screwed. In either scenario the creditors will ever get their money back so does it really matter? Overall it points to the fact that the Malaysians have to do the right thing by the club financially if they are ever to make a return. So let them do their job and we can do ours which is supporting the team.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:46 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
Chip shop Alley wrote:

Forever Blue wrote:

congrats, I applaud thee

Yes there were a few typos but as usual with people like you when you struggle with the argument you concentrate on trivial details to deflect from the underlying nonsense you are spouting. So grow up a bit if you want a grown up debate.

Polo saying there is no 100m is not fact until we see how it works out. You seem obsessed with 7% interest. You clearly are not a business person and have no understanding of accounting yet are arrogant enough to call yourself a realist. Pessimist more like. As I started my thread with, all you have is supposition and conjecture. And no I can't definitely say what will or won't happen but then neither can you. We are already I'm just prepared to trust those who know how to run a business and deal with major finance as opposed to those who make the most noise but have zero substance. No your not alone, but feeding each other nonsense does not make you right.

Ummmm....

Firstly Carp,i'm far from struggling,that is evident just by looking at this page(your ending paragraph did boggle the mind)
And Secondly it has been confirmed that we incur 7% interest on malaysians loan bills. Don't need to be a businessman to Indeed work that one out! Better still it doesn't matter if it's 1-20% it's still a worry.
Lastly how am i a pessimist? please explain without the aid of google. (Supposition & conjecture mean the same thing I hope you now realise that) Am i hating on the club or am I i highlighting something to the masses? As you know it's my opinion, as it's your right to argue against it, but please don't try using big words that you clearly don't understand,trying to discombobulate the e-audience.

What Polo has pointed out is valid,he's not made an official statement carp (so wind your kneck in), which has been Confirmed by the Board as non-guaranteed. Using words such as "believe" & "we hope" in a public statement regarding investment will make one ponder. I'm not spouting nonsense,it is yourself, accusing me of opposing the club I support. This argument is purely based on the mentioned £100,000,000 not about our fantastic squad, our amazing manager & his coaching staff, our passionate fans. So refrain yourself from being angry & emotional and think of this whole debate as one of "cons". the "pros" far outweigh them,but this conversation has nothing to do with those does it?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:22 pm

CSA

Firstly I didn't realise this was an English lesson or that you felt uncomfortable with the words I use. I don't need google to use everyday words and no they do not mean exactly the same thing and are often used together. Supposition is where you presume something to be true without proof, whereas conjecture refers to a guess. Hope you dont feel too foolish.

Secondly I'm not angry or emotional. I'm trying to make a point that differs from yours and polos and for that you resort to sarcasm and arrogance.
F
Thirdly, of course loans attract interest but the malaysians are paying the bills so effectively charging themselves. No cash transaction will take place, it's an accounting entry. Yes debt may well increase but we would sink now without them so worrying about more debt without consideration that they may just actually know what they are doing seem pointless. Apparently we owe 70m. If they walked and called in loans we could not repay. So the debt increasing from here makes little difference as they will never get in back. Hence why I think the debt to equity deal will happen.

Finally all I'm trying to get across is why don't people just give them time to put the plans into action before slagging them off. We arent in possession of all the facts, not even Annis. It feels as though some of you think that they were going to hand over a suitcase containing a 100m and say spend it wisely. Of course some of it will be contingent on factors that at this point may be unknown e.g. will we need to expand the stadium?

Hope I'm getting through but if all you have are petty sarcastic comments about grammar and words then you've lost the argument before you even start.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:54 pm

I'm not slagging them off lol! Stop getting emotional your post emanates of the stuff! Stay on the subject of the topic Carp and give us a valid argument. You've turned this into a childish spat. :lol:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:26 pm

Chip shop Alley wrote:I'm not slagging them off lol! Stop getting emotional your post emanates of the stuff! Stay on the subject of the topic Carp and give us a valid argument. You've turned this into a childish spat. :lol:

Says the guy with the smiley faces. No real comments then so I assume you've conceded defeat. Hopefully you've invested on a good dictionary too.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:22 pm

What are you going on about! Concede defeat? Are we at war now. Your still avoiding my main argument if you don't want to answer it jog on. All you can do is insinuate me with false accusations.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:24 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Chip shop Alley wrote:I'm not slagging them off lol! Stop getting emotional your post emanates of the stuff! Stay on the subject of the topic Carp and give us a valid argument. You've turned this into a childish spat. :lol:

Says the guy with the smiley faces. No real comments then so I assume you've conceded defeat. Hopefully you've invested on a good dictionary too.

Pesky iPhones. Before you get all superior again (or at least try) of course I meant invest in. Oh the irony. Point still valid though.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:31 pm

Chip shop Alley wrote:What are you going on about! Concede defeat? Are we at war now. Your still avoiding my main argument if you don't want to answer it jog on. All you can do is insinuate me with false accusations.

Seems our posts crossed. Must say though that for someone trying to lecture on grammar you've taken a turn for the worse.

Just what is your main argument? Your concern over the POTENTIAL level of debt? Or was is your concern over the lack of guarantee associated with the £100m? Either way I'll soon answer you yet again. You'd love me to jog on as I sense youre getting a little wound up, dare I say emotional?

Not at war fella, it was a debate whereby you strayed off topic with your attempts of being patronising that back fired big time.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:49 pm

Where has my grammar taken a turn for the worse? At what stage did I "lecture you" about your grammar. At what point was i patronising you? Is this all you can do? Still avoiding coming up with a valid point to my argument? Debt is a factor to my argument with no guarantee at this moment in time of being cleared (apart from Langston/Pmg) read my previous posts then get back to me.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Is there 100mil..... yep, yes, of course,yeah,yes,yes,yes....:.......:.er NO

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:02 pm

Chip shop Alley wrote:

Forever Blue wrote:

congrats, I applaud thee

Here's your grammar comment

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:06 pm

Chip shop Alley wrote:What are you going on about! Concede defeat? Are we at war now. Your still avoiding my main argument if you don't want to answer it jog on. All you can do is insinuate me with false accusations.

Here's where your grammar takes a turn for the worse - "insinuate me" and "your" as opposed to "you are".

Petty to the extreme but then you were the one trying to be clever, dare I say patronising.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Chip shop Alley wrote:Where has my grammar taken a turn for the worse? At what stage did I "lecture you" about your grammar. At what point was i patronising you? Is this all you can do? Still avoiding coming up with a valid point to my argument? Debt is a factor to my argument with no guarantee at this moment in time of being cleared (apart from Langston/Pmg) read my previous posts then get back to me.

Just a couple of examples. Listen I'm not bothered about trivial points around spelling, grammar etc but you tried to take the higher ground using this as though it made your argument stronger. Trying to be clever by picking me up on my use of words - is that not patronising? I know you looked silly as you were wrong but still you tried.

Ok so it's the debt thing. No guarantee has been given but they have given reasons for this i.e. it will then mean they own the club outright. Read the Q&As on another post. But what does it matter? Our debt level has passed the point of no return. 70m or whatever it is means without the malaysians we are in trouble. The debt can grow to 700m and the effect is the same. It cant be secured at these levels as we don't have the assets. Yes we pay 7% but it's only a book keeping entry for tax and accounting records. If Malaysians are here for the long term then does debt or equity even matter?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:29 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Chip shop Alley wrote:

Forever Blue wrote:

congrats, I applaud thee

How is that a lecture? You really are pathetic.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:

Here's where your grammar takes a turn for the worse - "insinuate me" and "your" as opposed to "you are".

Petty to the extreme but then you were the one trying to be clever, dare I say patronising.

You are petty... I'm actually texting off my phone so apologies Carp.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Chip shop Alley wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Chip shop Alley wrote:

Forever Blue wrote:

congrats, I applaud thee

How is that a lecture? You really are pathetic.

Nice deflection. Shown yourself up as not being as clever as you think you are so now it's insults time. No answers, no substance. So in your words "wind your neck in", "jog on" and finally :lol:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:43 pm

Chip shop Alley wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

You are petty... I'm actually texting off my phone so apologies Carp.

Agreed in that instance, but simply following your lead.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:23 pm

It wasn't a deflection. All throughout my posts you have scapegoated my comments & attempted to counter attack with insults. If you don't agree with my worry of the build up of debt. Simply don't respond. I personally don't like you. And I think you will find that it is you that is patronising & arrogant. It's evident in your prior posts on this board. All your interested in is winning an argument. Don't you think that's a little sad? It will be interesting to see how this season unfolds and how much money actually gets invested into CCFC this season.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:43 pm

Chip shop Alley wrote:It wasn't a deflection. All throughout my posts you have scapegoated my comments & attempted to counter attack with insults. If you don't agree with my worry of the build up of debt. Simply don't respond. I personally don't like you. And I think you will find that it is you that is patronising & arrogant. It's evident in your prior posts on this board. All your interested in is winning an argument. Don't you think that's a little sad? It will be interesting to see how this season unfolds and how much money actually gets invested into CCFC this season.

Insults? Really? Selective memory i feel and you shoukd take a look at yourself before crying foul. Ive tackled your points every time and gave you my thoughts and countered your argument. Take your blinkers off ffs as you are only focussing on being a smart arse (and failing). I don't care if you don't like me as someone who can make a judgement from a debate on a forum is pretty shallow so I won't lose any sleep. It was you who strayed OT and tried to make clever responses, preferring to make snide comments about grammar and certain words that you clearly didn't understand. Yes i am competitive in life and i believe in my views. Arguments are there to be won are they not?
I think it's sad if you're not interested in winning, but then perhaps you are content being one of life's losers? I fight fire with fire and suddenly it's all my fault? You couldn't make it up. But then true to form you probably will. Thats supposition by the way.

To round this off, I agree with the last line of your post 100%. I hope we spend what we need to strengthen the team so we can compete. How much we will spend is anyone's guess. That's conjecture by the way.

Until next time.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:11 pm

So do you think they will clear "their" debts? All this just for this. Unbelievable! I'm a true life winner but that's a different story

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:19 pm

Chip shop Alley wrote:So do you think they will clear "their" debts? All this just for this. Unbelievable! I'm a true life winner but that's a different story

I've said this from the early posts if you had kept your focus. I'm not sure what they will do but hope so. If not then I'm not concerned as its just a figure on a balance sheet. The Malaysian will support the club and will know what the assets are worth. I ask you this - what's the difference between a debt of 50m or 500m if we only have the assets to liquidate to realise say 40m?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:10 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
Chip shop Alley wrote:So do you think they will clear "their" debts? All this just for this. Unbelievable! I'm a true life winner but that's a different story

I've said this from the early posts if you had kept your focus. I'm not sure what they will do but hope so. If not then I'm not concerned as its just a figure on a balance sheet. The Malaysian will support the club and will know what the assets are worth. I ask you this - what's the difference between a debt of 50m or 500m if we only have the assets to liquidate to realise say 40m?

20 million league 1 football
500 million. No football club...