Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: So there ISNT actually 100 million then?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:22 am

Chip shop Alley wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Chip shop Alley wrote:So do you think they will clear "their" debts? All this just for this. Unbelievable! I'm a true life winner but that's a different story

I've said this from the early posts if you had kept your focus. I'm not sure what they will do but hope so. If not then I'm not concerned as its just a figure on a balance sheet. The Malaysian will support the club and will know what the assets are worth. I ask you this - what's the difference between a debt of 50m or 500m if we only have the assets to liquidate to realise say 40m?

20 million league 1 football
500 million. No football club...

Fair enough but we are already way past 20m and probably past the point of no return for the Malaysians to get their money back. So for every pound the debt grows its not recoverable by any means and they know it. Hence the reason why I'm not worried about it or wether it gets converted to equity. It's only in their interest to stay and grow the club, even to the point where we may effectively have a benefactor akin to man city (but of course on a much smaller scale)

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:25 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
Chip shop Alley wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Chip shop Alley wrote:So do you think they will clear "their" debts? All this just for this. Unbelievable! I'm a true life winner but that's a different story

I've said this from the early posts if you had kept your focus. I'm not sure what they will do but hope so. If not then I'm not concerned as its just a figure on a balance sheet. The Malaysian will support the club and will know what the assets are worth. I ask you this - what's the difference between a debt of 50m or 500m if we only have the assets to liquidate to realise say 40m?

Fair enough but we are already way past 20m and probably past the point of no return for the Malaysians to get their money back. So for every pound the debt grows its not recoverable by any means and they know it. Hence the reason why I'm not worried about it or wether it gets converted to equity. It's only in their interest to stay and grow the club, even to the point where we may effectively have a benefactor akin to man city (but of course on a much smaller scale)

You have just answered your own question as to why they were never going to walk away. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:28 am

Bluebird64 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Chip shop Alley wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

You have just answered your own question as to why they were never going to walk away. :ayatollah:

Ha ha nice try but this relates to the fact they are staying due to the rebranding. A different story should the decision had gone the other way

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:32 am

Yes, 80 mill. Debt these days is classed as manageable,however we would have to take a points deduction, sell off our core players and settle for league one football. I'm worried that our debt has gone from 24mill to 80 million in such a short space of time. The rebrand has always been their ambition & my critical concern is if this kit project fails and they decide to seek other investors in us. Bare in mind the biggest sellers in Asia are man u/city Liverpool & arsenal. That's some major competition. Positively if we do compete in sales after the first season I believe this time next year they will dissolve their debt into equity, but they will keep their cards close to their chest if it doesn't pan out thar way.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:45 am

Chip shop Alley wrote:Yes, 80 mill. Debt these days is classed as manageable,however we would have to take a points deduction, sell off our core players and settle for league one football. I'm worried that our debt has gone from 24mill to 80 million in such a short space of time. The rebrand has always been their ambition & my critical concern is if this kit project fails and they decide to seek other investors in us. Bare in mind the biggest sellers in Asia are man u/city Liverpool & arsenal. That's some major competition. Positively if we do compete in sales after the first season I believe this time next year they will dissolve their debt into equity, but they will keep their cards close to their chest if it doesn't pan out thar way.

Must admit ill be surprised if we make major inroads in shirt sales but it will be interesting to track. The thing with 80m debt is that it may go further than admin. I don't think that will happen now and I'm looking forward to our future. The transfer budget this next couple of months could be a key indicator of intentions so we won't have long to wait. I'll also be a lot happier once the debt is all Malaysian and the Sam part is a thing of the past and hopefully this too will be imminent